Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hotel & Resturant onwers do you inspect your rooms and kitchen

I spent over ten years working in restaurant and hotels in London, so I make this post with some experience. I just returned from a recent trip and wanted to share some observations / sugguestions with onwers of hotels and restaurants.

1 As an onwer do you make randon inspections of your business? If your on-site, please take time to walk your rooms, when empty and jsut look around with your onwers eye.

i noticed a couple of easy fixes at my last hotel and wanted to share these with you as I have found the below has happened at other hotels I have stayed in.

2 Shower heads and taps.

How often do you remove the shower head in your rooms and clean it to insure that any build up of lime is removed to insure the shower head is working at full capacity. i know the water preasure can be hit and miss depending your location but cleaning the shower heads on a regular schedule will help. The same goes for taps in the bathroom.

On this trip I had a bad dose of food posioning which cut five days out of my trip and wanted to make a sugguestion. If you have a working kitchen and it has closed for the day, take a walk through, check the fridge and seei the food is wrapped correctly for storage and has a use by date witten by the chef. Same goes for sauses like tarter and horseratish. Dry goods are stored by expiration date, first in, first out.

Is your vendor delivering to you what he pormised too? I found some venders will sneak in second day or third produce. Lastly look under the stove and under the food preparation area has it been cleaned to your standard? i found a randon check by the boss will keep employess on their toes and will insure your business stays where is should be and that is making a profit.

I made randon inspections of very aspect when i ran hotels, returned linen, dish washer, safe storage of chemicals away from food area, room check, produce delivery, beer delivery and cleaning of beer pumps to name but a few. This post is not ment as an attack on anyone, jsut helpful tips.

I welcome feedback on open forum or PM me if you wish.

Cheers,

S

I spent over ten years working in restaurant and hotels in London, so I make this post with some experience. I just returned from a recent trip and wanted to share some observations / sugguestions with onwers of hotels and restaurants.

1 As an onwer do you make randon inspections of your business? If your on-site, please take time to walk your rooms, when empty and jsut look around with your onwers eye.

i noticed a couple of easy fixes at my last hotel and wanted to share these with you as I have found the below has happened at other hotels I have stayed in.

2 Shower heads and taps.

How often do you remove the shower head in your rooms and clean it to insure that any build up of lime is removed to insure the shower head is working at full capacity. i know the water preasure can be hit and miss depending your location but cleaning the shower heads on a regular schedule will help. The same goes for taps in the bathroom.

On this trip I had a bad dose of food posioning which cut five days out of my trip and wanted to make a sugguestion. If you have a working kitchen and it has closed for the day, take a walk through, check the fridge and seei the food is wrapped correctly for storage and has a use by date witten by the chef. Same goes for sauses like tarter and horseratish. Dry goods are stored by expiration date, first in, first out.

Is your vendor delivering to you what he pormised too? I found some venders will sneak in second day or third produce. Lastly look under the stove and under the food preparation area has it been cleaned to your standard? i found a randon check by the boss will keep employess on their toes and will insure your business stays where is should be and that is making a profit.

I made randon inspections of very aspect when i ran hotels, returned linen, dish washer, safe storage of chemicals away from food area, room check, produce delivery, beer delivery and cleaning of beer pumps to name but a few. This post is not ment as an attack on anyone, jsut helpful tips.

I welcome feedback on open forum or PM me if you wish.

Cheers,

S

H.A.C.C.P. and M.S.D.S. has not hit LOS yet. Most guesthouses and bars are not ISO 9001 certified.

How often do you remove the shower head in your rooms and clean it to insure that any build up of lime is removed to insure ...The same goes for taps in the bathroom.

..check the fridge and seei the food is wrapped correctly for storage and has a use by date witten by the chef. Same goes for sauses like tarter and horseratish. Dry goods are stored by expiration date, first in, first out.

..look under the stove and under the food preparation area has it been cleaned to your standard?...returned linen, dish washer, safe storage of chemicals away from food area, room check, produce delivery, beer delivery and cleaning of beer pumps to name but a few....

Shortonthesides, do you exercise the same level of checks before you go down on a woman?

Silly question...I'm sure you do!

Shortonthesides, do you exercise the same level of checks before you go down on a woman?

Silly question...I'm sure you do!

What, unscrew her head? :D