Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Am I entitled to an airport tax refund ?

Hi folks, my friend and I have just booked a return flight from the UK directly with KLM on their website for later this year. My mate has since found out his girlfriend is pregnant and guess what....the baby is due the week we are due to fly. I have telephoned KLM and asked about a refund if we were to cancel and due to the fare code it is non refundable. When I checked the e ticket it states £180 of the cost was airport tax, so I asked the KLM girl, if we were entitled to be refunded this tax, as we would not be using the airport. Hesitantly she said we might be. I asked what she meant by this and she replied, 'well if you cancel you flight, you can apply for the tax to be refunded by I cannot say how much you will get, if any'.

The dilemna I have is this, my mate has made his mind up not to go

But on the other hand, I have 2 other friends going a month later, so I would like the refund and then book another flight and go with them.

Has anyone had any experience with this before ? Would I be likely to get the tax refunded back ?

Many Thanks chaps.

Yes, airport tax is refundable. In obtaining a refund of the rest of the amount paid for the ticket, you must consider the fare conditions that apply to your ticket.

The above is taken directly from the KLM website FAQs!

Edited by jacko

Your ticket may say 180 quid in taxes but what it means is 180 in taxes and surcharges. Only the actual tax element is refundable (fuel surcharges are not).

You may also find that any refunds are subject to a "handling" or "administration fee".

Edited by CheshireTom

No..

Or to put it another way. If the travel insurance will cover all taxes and surcharges it will also cover the entire fare u paid.

Some airlines will however refund all taxes and surcharges including YQ (Fuel surcharges). KLM, I dont have any experience with.

Edited by natureofnorway
  • 3 weeks later...

Go to your Doctor and get a letter saying you can't fly. Other than that, go by yourself.

Girl working with me tried to get a tax refund from Ryanair. After about a month of trying, the ryanair agent said, as the admin fee is higher than the tax refund, they weren't refunding her.