Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 128 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Great American Rib Company, Jomtiem

Bruce,

I like the food so much, I plan on having a couple of meals there when I'm in pattaya next month.

Well i hope you booked a nurse and a standby team of doctors due to your hazardus condition.

• 1 month later...

I had a great dinner tonight. Rib's were moist and the pulled pork was out of this world. Only restaurant in Pattaya/Jomiem that compares favorably with the rib joint's back in Philly. Now if I could get a cheese steak or a hoagie in Pattaya, I'd be in hog heaven.

Edited by BigDUSA

kind of ironic actually that Tequila Reef & GAR are mentioned in the same thread.

Greg of GAR had a cook named Rob who is cousins with the owner of Tequila Reef

I still see Rob around Washington Square & he's opened a new restaurant recently

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I had a great dinner tonight. Rib's were moist and the pulled pork was out of this world. Only restaurant in Pattaya/Jomtiem that compares favorably with the rib joint's back in Philly. Now if I could get a cheese steak or a hoagie in Pattaya, I'd be in hog heaven.

Another great dinner last night. Ribs were excellent and the pulled pork was fantastic. :D The side dishes, potato, cole slaw and baked beans were not a throw away . Next time I eat there, I'll try the ribs dry with the sauce on the side.

Another great dinner last night. Ribs were excellent and the pulled pork was fantastic. :D The side dishes, potato, cole slaw and baked beans were not a throw away . Next time I eat there, I'll try the ribs dry with the sauce on the side.

Did you have a coupon or something? Or just no parties last night offering up free scran? :D

Did you have a coupon or something? Or just no parties last night offering up free scran? :unsure:

Hands down,you're a fcuking idiot!You've shit in 2 threads today already.

I pulled this off of bkktonite.com Thank you magnum for a great post.

Quote: from BigDUSA on 7:18 am on Mar. 18, 2010

Next time I eat there, I'll try the ribs dry with the sauce on the side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... yes, BigDUSA... ALWAYS... sauce on the side... BBQ served "naked."

... sauce is the most common trick perpetrated against BBQ lovers... sauce covers up a legion of BBQ infractions... like parboiling (ee-yikes!) to make them tender (Tony Roma's).

... incipidly sweet, overly tangy, heavily salted sauces cover-up the subtle flavor of proper BBQ... some so sweet, you might as well just pour the sauce on some beefy cardboard and dig-in.

... ordering BBQ anywhere, ask that it be served naked, with the sauce on the side... if the owner is perpetrating BBQ fraud, he will be squirming.

... Great American Rib's BBQ generally stands-up to the naked test... from there, you can add sauce as you would a spice, if at all.

... another hint... go earlier in the evening to eat BBQ... BBQ, especially ribs, have a shelf life... they are necessarily pre-cooked for a long period, and dry-out easily, so there is a window of opportunity you do not want to exceed.

... while the brainchild behind Great American Rib (Rob Vaughn) departed to open a great little Mexican food joint in BKK, the Great American Ribs' owners smartly maintain the original formula that made them successful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on: 11:06 pm on Mar. 19, 2010 |

I pulled this off of bkktonite.com Thank you magnum for a great post.

Quote: from BigDUSA on 7:18 am on Mar. 18, 2010

Next time I eat there, I'll try the ribs dry with the sauce on the side.

... yes, BigDUSA... ALWAYS... sauce on the side... BBQ served "naked."

... sauce is the most common trick perpetrated against BBQ lovers... sauce covers up a legion of BBQ infractions... like parboiling (ee-yikes!) to make them tender (Tony Roma's).

... incipidly sweet, overly tangy, heavily salted sauces cover-up the subtle flavor of proper BBQ... some so sweet, you might as well just pour the sauce on some beefy cardboard and dig-in.

... ordering BBQ anywhere, ask that it be served naked, with the sauce on the side... if the owner is perpetrating BBQ fraud, he will be squirming.

... Great American Rib's BBQ generally stands-up to the naked test... from there, you can add sauce as you would a spice, if at all.

... another hint... go earlier in the evening to eat BBQ... BBQ, especially ribs, have a shelf life... they are necessarily pre-cooked for a long period, and dry-out easily, so there is a window of opportunity you do not want to exceed.

... while the brainchild behind Great American Rib (Rob Vaughn) departed to open a great little Mexican food joint in BKK, the Great American Ribs' owners smartly maintain the original formula that made them successful.

Posted on: 11:06 pm on Mar. 19, 2010 |

Are you a culinary expert or just a BBQ expert?

Very insiteful look at BBQ that I never really thought of before. Till now I never even thought to ask for it "naked" with sauce on the side. And here I thought my BBQ skills and knowledge was adequate. :wub: Shame on me.