Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Airways from London

Looks like Thai Airways are now using Airbus A340 airplanes for their TG911 / TG910 service

but not their TG917 / TG916 service.

It's not the Airbus A380 but at least it's progress on their currently very outdated 747's.

I don't know if they have started doing it this week but if you look at their website it is showing up for everything from 1st March.

A340. I think that's the plane they use on the non-stop service from the USA. They've now discontinued the non-stop flights from NYC, although they still have them from Los Angeles. 18 hours or so to Bangkok.

Anyway, the premium Economy seats are the way to go on that plane. A little more room.

J

A340. I think that's the plane they use on the non-stop service from the USA. They've now discontinued the non-stop flights from NYC, although they still have them from Los Angeles. 18 hours or so to Bangkok.

Anyway, the premium Economy seats are the way to go on that plane. A little more room.

J

No, not same. That NYC route was operated by an A 340-500. The LHR-BKK will be operated by an A 340-600. No Premium Eco available on the -600, but more business class seats compared to the 747. (And has AVOD in Economy)

Non

Edited by natureofnorway
No, not same. That NYC route was operated by an A 340-500. The LHR-BKK will be operated by an A 340-600. No Premium Eco available on the -600, but more business class seats compared to the 747. (And has AVOD in Economy)

Non

IFE/AVOD, type of seats, etc., are decisions made by each airline, not by the aircraft manufacturer. It is entirely up to the airlines whether or not they want to spend the money on passenger entertainment. JAL, for example, outfitted their 747-400s with individual seat back LCD screens years ago.

Also, several airlines have moved First Class to the very front of their 747s and put more business class seats on the upper deck.

Edited by Scalawag
IFE/AVOD, type of seats, etc., are decisions made by each airline, not by the aircraft manufacturer. It is entirely up to the airlines whether or not they want to spend the money on passenger entertainment. JAL, for example, outfitted their 747-400s with individual seat back LCD screens years ago.

Also, several airlines have moved First Class to the very front of their 747s and put more business class seats on the upper deck.

Maybe I did not make myself clear. What i tried to say was that Thai's 747 do not have personal AVOD in economy. In business class and first class they do have.

On their A340-600 all classes have AVOD.

Of course it is up to the airlines to decide if they want AVOD or not...

Thai has firstclass in the nose of their 747 and business class on the upper deck as well as behind the first class section. The 747 used on the London route has F10 C40 Y325. The 340-600 has F8 C60 Y199, so all in all 20 more seats in business class compared to the 747.

And yes...seat configurations are also decided by the airliners. Lufthansa, among others, has F16 C80 Y234 and has first class on their upper deck....

I flew back on the TG910 yesterday, in economy.

The main benefit versus the old 747 was primarily the seat back screens with a good selection of channels. Plus, being a bit smaller plane, the onloading and offloading was quicker and less people hitting immigration at the same time.

On the negative side it seemed more cramped than the old 747. Thai claim the seat pitch is the same at 34ins but it didn't seem like it. The seat I had was definitely narrower than the 747 seat I flew out in the week before.

On a side note, on landing why are there so many thick cunts jumping out of their seats and opening the overhead luggage racks within 2 seconds of the first wheel touching the tarmac? Apart from the safety issue, (not bothered about them breaking their necks but will be pissed off their bag lands on me), do they really think they are getting off any fucking quicker?

I flew back on the TG910 yesterday, in economy.

The main benefit versus the old 747 was primarily the seat back screens with a good selection of channels. Plus, being a bit smaller plane, the onloading and offloading was quicker and less people hitting immigration at the same time.

On the negative side it seemed more cramped than the old 747. Thai claim the seat pitch is the same at 34ins but it didn't seem like it. The seat I had was definitely narrower than the 747 seat I flew out in the week before.

On a side note, on landing why are there so many thick cunts jumping out of their seats and opening the overhead luggage racks within 2 seconds of the first wheel touching the tarmac? Apart from the safety issue, (not bothered about them breaking their necks but will be pissed off their bag lands on me), do they really think they are getting off any fucking quicker?

You should travel up front..:banana The passengers take their time after landing there as they know the riff-raff will be held back until they have deplaned!
You should travel up front..:devil The passengers take their time after landing there as they know the riff-raff will be held back until they have deplaned!

I'm far too fucking tight to do that :D

But I do get one out of the flights each year upgraded as a result of gold card upgrades and miles. And you are right, I am as slow as I can be getting off, just to fuck-off the peasants!!!!

Looks like Thai Airways are now using Airbus A340 airplanes for their TG911 / TG910 service

but not their TG917 / TG916 service.

It's not the Airbus A380 but at least it's progress on their currently very outdated 747's.

I don't know if they have started doing it this week but if you look at their website it is showing up for everything from 1st March.

TG have been operating A340 on LHR-BKK route since mid Jan ! Hopefully A380 will operate on this route late 2010 providing TG can get rid of their Government free loaders !

TG have been operating A340 on LHR-BKK route since mid Jan ! Hopefully A380 will operate on this route late 2010 providing TG can get rid of their Government free loaders !

TG has asked, or, i.e., negotiating for, delayed delivery of their A380s.

Edited by Scalawag

The last I read was the A380s were being shoved back to 2012 ....... :bow

I think TG could do with shedding around 20% of its staff to bring it in line with its regional competitors.

Edited by CheshireTom
The last I read was the A380s were being shoved back to 2012 ....... :bigsmile:

I think TG could do with shedding around 20% of its staff to bring it in line with its regional competitors.

Tom

I agree TG reminds me of BA in the 1970's - overstaffed by at least 20%.

Airbus 380 schedule planning still shows :-

Serial No MSN 070 = A380-841

Serial No MSN 072 = A380-841

Serial No MSN 075 = A380-841

All showing delivery to Thai as 2010/4Q - Suspect therefore delivery dates will be pushed back to 2011 or will be cancelled and taken up by Singapore/Emirates/BA. ?

Tom

I agree TG reminds me of BA in the 1970's - overstaffed by at least 20%.

Airbus 380 schedule planning still shows :-

Serial No MSN 070 = A380-841

Serial No MSN 072 = A380-841

Serial No MSN 075 = A380-841

All showing delivery to Thai as 2010/4Q - Suspect therefore delivery dates will be pushed back to 2011 or will be cancelled and taken up by Singapore/Emirates/BA. ?

I don't think Thai has got any available cash at the moment. It has had to push back deliveries of its A330s that should be getting delivered round about now.

Edited by CheshireTom
I don't think Thai has got any available cash at the moment. It has had to push back deliveries of its A330s that should be getting delivered round about now.

Yes i agree 6 x A330-300 due 09 now delayed until 2010 remaining order put back to 2011. No doubt Thai taxpayer will have to provide more funds for TG.

Yes i agree 6 x A330-300 due 09 now delayed until 2010 remaining order put back to 2011. No doubt Thai taxpayer will have to provide more funds for TG.

After yesterday's treasury figures I don't think the Thai taxpayer has much cash left. :D

TG solution charge £10,000 business class LHR/BKK - I kid you not !
Bollocks...I just did a Biz Class unrestricted enquiry for July/August and it came back with £5837. First Class is £9659..both inclusive of taxes!
Sorry should have been first class £10,000 !
And a bargain at twice the price.... :rolleyes:

Even their Biz Class is silly at 5 grand, but you can save on that by using a restricted ticket. I got an email today of special offers for BA Club class LHR-BK about £2000... but it would have to be a better bargain to get me to Heathrow again.

Edited by jacko

How do you guys feel about so much extra for Club or First ?? Do you pay it ??

I am definatly not a cheap charlie but I just cannot for the life of me justify £2000 upwards for a bigger seat as compared to £400-500 for a duration of 12 hours or thereabouts ??

And am very tall as well.

I just cannot justify £1500 extra for sitting in an aluminium tube thats gets me to destination 10 seconds after premium seats !!

How do you guys feel about so much extra for Club or First ?? Do you pay it ??

I am definatly not a cheap charlie but I just cannot for the life of me justify £2000 upwards for a bigger seat as compared to £400-500 for a duration of 12 hours or thereabouts ??

And am very tall as well.

I just cannot justify £1500 extra for sitting in an aluminium tube thats gets me to destination 10 seconds after premium seats !!

I normally "pay" around 1,500 quid to go biz class (Qatar). However, once you take the airmiles into account (biz class and gold card) the real cost is probably around a grand if you plan your travel carefully.

The only two things I won't economise on are my hotels and my flights.

I accept what you say to a certain extent CT but I likewise have Gold on Etihad and clock 150% air miles every round trip in economy giving 19,500 miles, with 75,000 required for freebie.

But a £1000 + more to me is crazy for a 12 hour period.(Make no mistake I could afford to pay it though).

At 6 foot 4 I aint small, but have no trouble in standard economy.

I accept what you say to a certain extent CT but I likewise have Gold on Etihad and clock 150% air miles every round trip in economy giving 19,500 miles, with 75,000 required for freebie.

But a £1000 + more to me is crazy for a 12 hour period.(Make no mistake I could afford to pay it though).

At 6 foot 4 I aint small, but have no trouble in standard economy.

Chivas,

It's just a question of priorities, I guess. Some guys prefer to drive a Merc but I'm perfectly happy driving an Isuzu D-Max. Other guys prefer to eat in good restaurants all the time but I'm more than comfortable scoffing in a Thai, placky-chair joint.