Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Best First Flight

Can the forum members help (what can you do on stop over flights can you leave air port etc).Which airlines are best if any.Should I pay more and fly non stop?.Sorry if these are daft questions but I have never got off a plane and not been were I wanted to go before (short time flights is all I have been on) thanks to all that read and lol and write back.

Can the forum members help (what can you do on stop over flights can you leave air port etc).Which airlines are best if any.Should I pay more and fly non stop?.Sorry if these are daft questions but I have never got off a plane and not been were I wanted to go before (short time flights is all I have been on) thanks to all that read and lol and write back.

Should you pay more for a non stop? Depends on how long the layover is between flights. IMHO Singapore Airlines is the best for service back in the cheap seats and the FA are drop dead stunners.

Presuming you are flying UK-LOS, well that would depend where you change planes.

If it is the Middle East, wander around the airport terminal. You aren't allowed to leave the airport, and you wouldn't want to if you could.

If you change in India or nearby, don't even get off the plane, the airports are horrible.

If you change in Europe, well yes you could leave the airport if you wanted to,but normally the transit times are short so just meander or sit and read.

Best Airlines.....

Singapore

Cathay....

Then consider European Carriers....

If you leave from London, yes go non-stop if the price difference isn't too much.

Try Etihad if you fancy a short stop in Abu Dhabi (2 hours on average) or go Eva if you fancy non stop.

Eva on occasions are cheaper than the rest.

Check out westeasttravel.com or netflights.com :rolleyes:

EVA

Hi,

Yeah if it's your first time fly direct.

Dubai tourists warned over tough drug stance

By Katie Hodge, PA

Friday, 8 February 2008

Poppy seeds in food, common over-the-counter medications and traces of banned substances are enough to warrant four-year prison sentences in the United Arab Emirates, travellers were warned today.

Visitors to Dubai and Abu Dhabi are now being advised to "take extreme caution" and "avoid arrest for 'possession' of a controlled substance".

The advice, issued by the legal charity Fair Trials International, follows a recent spate of arrests and imprisonment.

Edited by wacmedia
  • 3 weeks later...

flew with Eva - very good but regional departures to lhr never suited specially belfast

Ethihad flew last couple of times that i had groups going out excellent to abu dabi then a bit smelly and warm from there to bangkok

last time took cheapest china airlines belfast to amsterdam then direct flight

never again would pay the extra 100 quid

food crap no films no trsay service

nok air were better

plane looked like it was 20 years old

747 200

had real fun landing at small chaing mai runway

book eva or etihad

also told quatar are good

i got a flight leaving Heathrow at 22:00 on friday 29th may direct to BKK landing at 15:35 with Qantas, coming back BKK 21st June 00:45 direct to heathrow landing at 07:00 for £404.

cannot wait to get back to the wonder that is Thailand :)

i got a flight leaving Heathrow at 22:00 on friday 29th may direct to BKK landing at 15:35 with Qantas, coming back BKK 21st June 00:45 direct to heathrow landing at 07:00 for £404.

cannot wait to get back to the wonder that is Thailand :)

Who you booked through?

Cheapest decent flight i've found is Emirates from Birmingham for £505 with Southall Travel for end of June till end of July.

Who you booked through?

Cheapest decent flight i've found is Emirates from Birmingham for £505 with Southall Travel for end of June till end of July.

399 pounds advertised in all national papers for last week using BA/Qantas-still available

Edited by Chivas
Who you booked through?

try kayak.com good deals on there from brum

the ba or quantas special offer is time limited and must be booked by end of today 17th March - also the question of late June to July flights the offer is date of travel delendent and cheap up to departure date of 15th June

I'll on a 11th June flight out of the UK......see u soon