Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I just had my torrent computer catch a ansty virus, and I ahve to d oa clean install of win pro.

My problem is that I only have it stored on a hard drive, and I have been unable to write it to a cd with a bootable track. I am using ners essentials, but I am open to try anything that lets me make a bootable cd.

Any suggestions guys?

Sorry, can't help with your particular problem.

But when you have recovered from this hassle, perhaps you could post about the virus and how it got there, I am always interested to know how better to protect my computer.

Good Luck....

Edited by jacko

I would just borrow someone's installation disk or invest in a 150-baht one. Maybe my conscience is a little more adjustable but I'd rather do it the easy way than the Microsoft way.

I would just borrow someone's installation disk or invest in a 150-baht one. Maybe my conscience is a little more adjustable but I'd rather do it the easy way than the Microsoft way.

The problem is that I am in Hawaii, and I can not find anybody taht has one...

I can burn the OS to a Cd, but I cannot write a boot loader on it...

Sorry, can't help with your particular problem.

But when you have recovered from this hassle, perhaps you could post about the virus and how it got there, I am always interested to know how better to protect my computer.

Good Luck....

I got the virus from sheer stupidity on my part.

I downloaded a bunch of torrents, and as I was clicking on one to play, i noticed that the file type was a *.exe type file, but too late.

I kept getting messages that I needed to run a virus scan, supplied by them!

Such Huspah!!

I got the virus from sheer stupidity on my part.

I downloaded a bunch of torrents, and as I was clicking on one to play, i noticed that the file type was a *.exe type file, but too late.

I kept getting messages that I needed to run a virus scan, supplied by them!

Such Huspah!!

And a subsequent scan by other anti-virus software was unable to detect and clean this infection, or it basically locked you out?

Why didn't your current protection not scan this prior to opening?

And a subsequent scan by other anti-virus software was unable to detect and clean this infection, or it basically locked you out?

Why didn't your current protection not scan this prior to opening?

Not much you can do when the virus in an exacutable that you choose to execute, even if by mistake. :banghead

Do you have the windows disk as an .iso file or as a directory?

Can you boot from a usb drive?

Edited by sofaking
Not much you can do when the virus in an exacutable that you choose to execute, even if by mistake.

You are right on - I'm fucked.

Do you have the windows disk as an .iso file or as a directory?

I am not sure what you mean - I copied the files onto a CD and burned it. There is a few files listed in directory's, and several in the root of the CD. among them is

boot (Bin file)

boot.catalog (catalog filr)

setup (application file)

Can you boot from a usb drive?

I never tried that! I will when I get home, as I am on a business trip for a few days.

What exactly is a ISO file?

• 4 weeks later...

Just go into your bios (click delete key repeatedly at bootup)

Then go to your BOOT settings...

Tell the BIOS to boot from your cd-dvd drive...

Click f10 to save the setiings and reboot... But make sure the cd/dvd is in the drive...

And voila.... it should all be working fine for you

...What exactly is a ISO file?
http://online.morainevalley.edu/websupport...a/ISOimages.htm

"An ISO-9660 image file is an exact representation of a CD or DVD disk, including the content and the logical format. The most common use of an image file is to use it with a software tool and a blank disk to create an identical copy of the original disk including all file and folder names and volume label information. ISO image files may also be opened and their contents copied to a local folder, much like ZIP files. ISO files may also be virtually mounted and accessed as if they were a CD-ROM device, even when you do not have a CD or DVD drive."

Follow the link for some free tools. You can also Google for "ISO image".

• 5 weeks later...

Any cds you burn from that computer might also be infected.

It sounds like you'd like to burn the contents of your windows directory to Cd. That won't work. Most computers within the last 5 years or so have a program to create a Windows cd. If it's a Dell: programs - dell accessories - dell os recovery cd.

I'm guessing you've tried removing the virus using the antivirus program on that computer. Next step would be to try running an antivirus program from a bootable cd or usb stick. If the antivirus names the virus but can't get rid of it, you can do a Google search for a removal tool. Next try using system restore: programs - accessories - system tools - system restore. This allows you to restore the computer to the condition it was in on an earlier date.

If you need to reinstall your OS you should reformat the hard drive also.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313348

http://lifehacker.com/software/windows/gee...atch-157578.php

I just had my torrent computer catch a ansty virus, and I ahve to d oa clean install of win pro.

My problem is that I only have it stored on a hard drive, and I have been unable to write it to a cd with a bootable track. I am using ners essentials, but I am open to try anything that lets me make a bootable cd.

Any suggestions guys?

If you use Torrents or do a lot of browsing on certain sites, consider using this little free download to protect your PC http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2

It's called Peerguardian

Edited by Dave