Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Rideher Cup 2009 - Date Changed

A few guys have been asking about the 2009 RideHer Cup date. As usual, it will take place on the first Monday in November - Monday November 2nd.

I have just been chatting online with Steve O and he has reminded me that 2nd November is Loy Krathong. Does that worry any of you? Please let me have your responses and I will switch the RideHer to Tuesday if that's what the majority want. Personally, it doesn't worry me. We can break out of the party for an hour to watch the fireworks and float a krathong.

Time to get those flights booked!

Update - We have fixed on Wednesday 4th November for the 2009 RideHer Cup

Edited by doghaus

Callum,

I'm planning to be there again - exchange rate permitting!

That it's Loy Krathong shouldn't matter for the golf, but I wouldn't want to spent the evening indoors, there's just too much to see that evening.

Please take this as a vote for moving it to the Tuesday. Keep the registration night to the Sunday though - it'll give the European team a chance to sober up before the game this year.

Of course, count me in no matter what day it's held. I do wonder, though, how many of the caddies might be planning to take that Monday off to get ready for the festivities that night. Tuesday might be less of a risk.

Deuce arrived yesterday and we had a chat about this on the way back from the airport. We are inclined to play the RideHer Cup on Wednesday 4th November so that everyone has a chance to celebrate Loy Krathong and then recover on the Tuesday. It will also give Steve O a chance to watch his money go down the toilet in the Melbourne Cup. I will run the registration evening on Sunday 1st November and then have a practice day on Monday 2nd November.

All in favour?

It will also give Steve O a chance to watch his money go down the toilet in the Melbourne Cup.

It's funny, but I remember you trying to get me to bet on some nag last year. :bigsmile:

Callum, Wednesday the 4th sounds great. That will give me time to get my lady ready for Loy Krathong night. She's not a bargirl and is from Surin. Anyone know where we can go in Pattaya to get her a dress? And, how early should we start shopping for the dress? thanks, Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Deuce arrived yesterday and we had a chat about this on the way back from the airport. We are inclined to play the RideHer Cup on Wednesday 4th November so that everyone has a chance to celebrate Loy Krathong and then recover on the Tuesday. It will also give Steve O a chance to watch his money go down the toilet in the Melbourne Cup. I will run the registration evening on Sunday 1st November and then have a practice day on Monday 2nd November.

All in favour?

Aye. :unsure:

Hell,, I'll be there a whole week early this year. :drunk

I am very interested in playing in this years tournament. How do I get signed up to play?

I am planning my 2nd trip to LOS and would like to plan it around the golf tourney. I just can't wait to get back!!!

Thanks all,

Dave

I am very interested in playing in this years tournament. How do I get signed up to play?

I am planning my 2nd trip to LOS and would like to plan it around the golf tourney. I just can't wait to get back!!!

Thanks all,

Dave

Hi Dave.

Sorry for the delay. I flew back to the UK yesterday so i have just got on to the board. You will have a place in this year's competition because you have already posted that you want to play. I will be posting the entry details when I get back to Pattaya and book the course. Please check back at the end of June and it should be live.

Callum, Wednesday the 4th sounds great. That will give me time to get my lady ready for Loy Krathong night. She's not a bargirl and is from Surin. Anyone know where we can go in Pattaya to get her a dress? And, how early should we start shopping for the dress? thanks, Steve

Hi Steve

When will you arrive in Pattaya? There are a number of dressmakers just off South Pattaya Road at the back of Tukom - you should be able to get a nice dress made in a couple of days.

Cheers

Callum

Thanks for the info Callum

Dave

Hi Dave.

Sorry for the delay. I flew back to the UK yesterday so i have just got on to the board. You will have a place in this year's competition because you have already posted that you want to play. I will be posting the entry details when I get back to Pattaya and book the course. Please check back at the end of June and it should be live.

Hi Steve

When will you arrive in Pattaya? There are a number of dressmakers just off South Pattaya Road at the back of Tukom - you should be able to get a nice dress made in a couple of days.

Cheers

Callum

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I will be there this year I arrive on the 20th Oct through until the 18th Nov, bringing my clubs so I'll be in along with my fellow traveller

I will be posting full details about the RideHer Cup and the November golf festival programme within the next week or so. I am waiting to get the OK from the golf courses that we want to book before I can publish the venues and prices. I will be aiming to keep the prices as close to last year as I can.

Right now, here is a draft programme:

Friday 30th October - Practice day for RideHer Cup

Sunday 1st November - Registration evening for the RideHer Cup and golf festival

Monday 2nd November - a fun 3 clubs and a putter competition followed by Loy Krathong celebrations.

Tuesday 3rd November - captains announce RideHer Cup teams and match-ups

Wednesday 4th November - the 8th RideHer Cup competition followed by party at FLB

Friday 6th November - Individual Stabelford competition sponsored by Misty's a GoGo. Party at Misty's in the evening

Sunday 8th November to Wednesday 11th November - Road Trip - 3 nights and two rounds of golf. This year we are considering either a trip to Soi Dao Highlands with an excursion to Koh Chan or a trip to the River Kwai. Return late Wednesday afternoon.

Thursday 12th November. Baby Dolls Texas Scramble - 4 player team event.

Once I know how many of you will be staying into the 3rd week in November I will set up more golf days and possibly additional competitions.

Watch this space for more information.

Doggie

Pussy, Golf & Booze! It doesn't get any better than that! I look foward to more details about all the games. Thanks

prorose

I will be posting full details about the RideHer Cup and the November golf festival programme within the next week or so. I am waiting to get the OK from the golf courses that we want to book before I can publish the venues and prices. I will be aiming to keep the prices as close to last year as I can.

Right now, here is a draft programme:

Friday 30th October - Practice day for RideHer Cup

Sunday 1st November - Registration evening for the RideHer Cup and golf festival

Monday 2nd November - a fun 3 clubs and a putter competition followed by Loy Krathong celebrations.

Tuesday 3rd November - captains announce RideHer Cup teams and match-ups

Wednesday 4th November - the 8th RideHer Cup competition followed by party at FLB

Friday 6th November - Individual Stabelford competition sponsored by Misty's a GoGo. Party at Misty's in the evening

Sunday 8th November to Wednesday 11th November - Road Trip - 3 nights and two rounds of golf. This year we are considering either a trip to Soi Dao Highlands with an excursion to Koh Chan or a trip to the River Kwai. Return late Wednesday afternoon.

Thursday 12th November. Baby Dolls Texas Scramble - 4 player team event.

Once I know how many of you will be staying into the 3rd week in November I will set up more golf days and possibly additional competitions.

Watch this space for more information.

Doggie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it eighth WOW! so it is.

I will be there again :D

here are the results from the other 7 events

2002 EUROPE 4 ½ 3 ½

2003 USA 7 5

2004 MATCH HALVED 8 8

2005 USA ? ? (can't remember this one maybe Bob or Callum can)

2006 EUROPE 11 9

2007 USA 13 ½ 8 ½

2008 Match Halved 10 1/2 10 1/2

OVERALL

USA 3 EUROPE 2 HALVED 2

Cheers :beer

Duece

I can confirm that the USA won in 2005 but I don't have the score on this computer. I will try to check the archives to see if I can find the exact result.

2004 was halved but Europe won on a putt out in the FLB Bar! I think it is fair to record this as a tie.

Looking forward to this year's event - 36 entries so far.

Doggie

Edited by doghaus
I can confirm that the USA won in 2005 but I don't have the score on this computer. I will try to check the archives to see if I can find the exact result.

2004 was halved but Europe won on a putt out in the FLB Bar! I think it is fair to record this as a tie.

Looking forward to this year's event - 36 entries so far.

Doggie

Correct and I think you will find the result was 13/11 to the US in 2005

Correct and I think you will find the result was 13/11 to the US in 2005

Thanks Hilly. I have a record of the entries and there were 48 players so your result sounds right to me.

I think Pete made a video of the 2005 event so that should confirm the result.

Doggie