Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

My best friend who I consider to be a computer expert recommends Norton Antibot and Symantec Endpoint Protection. I've been using Norton for years and NEVER had a problem.

My best friend who I consider to be a computer expert recommends Norton Antibot and Symantec Endpoint Protection. I've been using Norton for years and NEVER had a problem.

You're fortunate, although a little poorer for paying for your peace of mind. Everyone should go with the security solution they think best, whether it's the Thai security situation or computer security.

However, for people who ask, I actively recommend against any Norton or Symantec security product on a PERSONAL computer. If the IT Department wants to fight them, fine.

These are invasive, intrusive, rude, arrogant, slow down your computing and in no measureable way by any review ever are they better than the free stuff.

My friend has access to every spyware and anti-virus product on the market. He recommeds Norton and I go with his suggestion and like I said, I've never had a problem.

My friend has access to every spyware and anti-virus product on the market. He recommeds Norton and I go with his suggestion and like I said, I've never had a problem.

I have tried Norton , it takes up to much memory and it does not stop a lot of bugs ,

Oh yes, Norton is complete shit. I run a combination of SpyBot Search and Destroy against Trojans and Antivir against Viruses. Had no problems for over 2 years. Antivir is available as Freeware as well.

Link: http://www.free-av.de/en/index.html

I use the same combination, totally agree with you about Nortons I use to swear by it but found it was absolute rubbish compared with alot of the Freeware programs.

I use the same combination, totally agree with you about Nortons I use to swear by it but found it was absolute rubbish compared with alot of the Freeware programs.
Boy was I glad to get that off my laptop. Slowed everything down, was cumbersome to interface with and cost money to boot! AVG (Free) + SkyBot S&D have since served me well, for free.

Thanks guys for all your input. I installed Malwarebytes along with my AVG antivirus. I am also using AdAware and Glary Utilites along with these programs. There are excellent programs that are free that I think paying for any in unnecessary.

You're fortunate, although a little poorer for paying for your peace of mind. Everyone should go with the security solution they think best, whether it's the Thai security situation or computer security.

However, for people who ask, I actively recommend against any Norton or Symantec security product on a PERSONAL computer. If the IT Department wants to fight them, fine.

These are invasive, intrusive, rude, arrogant, slow down your computing and in no measureable way by any review ever are they better than the free stuff.

I have to agree.

Peter Norton cannot be happy about having his name associated with some of the worst software products on the market.

Norton will slow your machine down... It is bloated, resource hungry...

Nod32 is up there with the best

Spybot search and destroy compliments Nod32 great

Superanitspyware is a great substitute and I highly recommend it...

Also... MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS SCAN USB STICKS !!!