Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 215 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Review: 1 Month Condo From Dancewatchers.com

A buddy & I just finished renting a pair of condos from DanceWatchers.com for a month, and since this forum (and others) was such a helpful source of info, I thought I’d contribute a review of my experience for others as well.

I’d always used hotels during past trips, but liked the idea of getting a nicer place for a lower price for a longer stay. But I was very concerned & hesitant about getting ripped off with a scam. How easy would it be for a guy to just advertise a place and take your cash (especially since most places only accepted a wire transfer)? Or you show up and there’s a “problem”? Or with most of these guys demanding an additional 1-month deposit, how easy would it be for them to stall & keep your deposit knowing that you had to leave the country? Even the large-looking rental companies like Fair Properties were really just brokers representing individual owners, so they would not be responsible for any problems you had with the owner. I've also heard (second hand), that Fair Properties in recent months has been slow to pay pay forward customers' rent & buildings fees which has resulted in renters having their water shut off, etc. by the building management.

DanceWatchers.com had a lot of good reviews on this & other forums, and they had 3 key advantages that strongly factored into my decision to go with them:

1. Tik, the owner, spoke excellent English and had an American husband, so I had much less concerns about “misunderstandings”.

2. Unlike every other place I talked to, DanceWatchers did not require a 1-month deposit in addition to the actual rent.

3. Also unlike every other place, they accepted payment by credit card via PayPal, so you had all the protections of your credit card company if any problems arose.

DanceWatchers’ prices initially seemed higher than other websites (like Fair Properties), but after spending a ton of time and no small expense with overseas phone calls I learned that most the other sites were using “bait ‘n switch” pricing. They’d advertise a low rate, but when you called you were told that rate was only for 1 year rentals. The rate for just 1 month was typically 2x or more, plus wanting a 1 month deposit, so you were actually looking at over 4x the price – and you had to pay with a wire transfer! Plus you had to fight to drag out of them the details of various hidden charges (electricity, water, etc). So once I got educated on the game, I concluded that DanceWatchers’ prices were in fact very fair and only suffered from the fact that they were honest prices without hidden charges or other scams.

Even more frustrating with other websites was the waste of time when you found that their websites were woefully out of date with most listed properties “no longer available”. Or if they were available, they would only accept long-term rentals (despite being described as “monthly”). Again, using Fair Properties as an example, they listed a bunch of properties, but after nearly an hour on the phone struggling through broken English, only a few were truly available for a 1-month rental.

So, we rented from DanceWatchers and took advantage of their broad inventory in different parts of town. We each did a couple condos, some in Jomtien Beach (View Talay 2A & 2B) as well as View Talay 6 in Pattaya (next to the new Century Festival Mall). View Talay 6 is a new building and my condo there supported USA grounded plugs, so I could directly plug in my computer and other equipment no problem (most adapters support the 220v output there). All the condos had nice, modern décor and 42” LCD TVs that we could directly plug into our computers with HDMI cables – so we could easily play all the USA & Thai movies we had on our computers (tip: "Som Tum" is a fun Thai movie based in Pattaya that all my girls seemed to love).

The service from DanceWatchers was also excellent during our stay, and Tik saved us a lot of time & hassle by taking care of a lot of little things that otherwise could have quickly consumed a lot of our trip, for example:

1. Providing cell phones with pre-programmed numbers.

2. Being able to tell us where to find things around town, etc.

3. Pointing us to the better providers for laundry, massages, etc. in the buildings.

4. Immediately getting a replacement for the cable modem’s power adapter in my condo

5. Tik’s husband showing us around WS (wow, he even volunteered without us asking

Plus Tik lives in VT2A, so if you’re a dumbass that likes to lock himself out of his room (like I did on occasion), she's around to quickly let you back in. The fact that live live on-site is also a nice help.

Bottom line: I highly recommend you check them out first and use them as a baseline for comparing the others. We not only plan to rent from DanceWatchers again, but I was so impressed with Tik's professionalism that I’m hoping to invest in 1-2 condos in the future and have DanceWatchers manage them for me. Feel free to PM me with any questions. You can find their website at:

http://dancewatchers.com/

The first pair of pics are from the roof of View Talay 2A, looking down on the large bar complex across the street (Jomtien's version of Walking Street). The second pic is looking up the road towards WS. Note the Big Buddha hill in the upper right corner; you see it in the upper left corner of the first View Talay 6 pics which helps orient you.

The second set of pics are from the roof of View Talay 6. Going clockwise, the first shows the view down Beach Road to WS, the next a zoomed version (about a 15 min walk). The 3rd pic shows the view up Beach Road with the last pic showing the back overlooking Beach Road. The building under construction next door is the Century Festival Mall.

-Smelly

VT2A.jpg

VT6.jpg

Its a nice website but is a bit deceptive when trying to find specific info , I will go look at the place in 3 weeks and make a decision about it then , but whats on offer here I wouldnt put any money up front without checking the place or getting someone I trust to do the looking for me

regards Matey

they might be above board but just seems to try and distract you from the rentals with the pix of the girls

I find it a little difficult to take a business pitch seriously when this is also on their website :

http://www.dancewatchers.com/DanceWatchers_photos.html

Agree, I mean what's all this bikini bollocks? :bigsmile: Where's the flesh? :D

No sex please, we're in Thailand!

The site is a little confusing DW but I may give the VT6 joint a try next time. Lovely views and a short stroll to the soapies! Could even order a takeaway with me kebab!

Edited by Dungheap
I find it a little difficult to take a business pitch seriously when this is also on their website :

http://www.dancewatchers.com/DanceWatchers_photos.html

That must be their "broad inventory" .......... :allright

"So, we rented from DanceWatchers and took advantage of their broad inventory...... "

Well - I also think Miss Tik is exceptionally lovely and I don't recall reading a bad review about Dancewatcher and Tiks services - so what is not to like :)

Maybe this "review" should really be in the business section where the advertisements belong.

The View Talay 6 condos are nice looking.

Maybe this "review" should really be in the business section where the advertisements belong.

The View Talay 6 condos are nice looking.

I agree. You've got to wonder about the opening gambit when the OP has only been registered for a week or so ..... :cry1

"A buddy & I just finished renting a pair of condos from DanceWatchers.com for a month, and since this forum (and others) was such a helpful source of info, I thought I’d contribute a review of my experience for others as well".

Edited by CheshireTom
I agree. You've got to wonder about the opening gambit when the OP has only been registered for a week or so ..... :cry1

"A buddy & I just finished renting a pair of condos from DanceWatchers.com for a month, and since this forum (and others) was such a helpful source of info, I thought I’d contribute a review of my experience for others as well".

Hi CT the OP looks to be a genuine report. I rent my Condo out through Dancewatcher and the report sums up pretty well the renting experience through Dancewatchers. I know Tik and Mike personally and can say the OP is spot on about their integrity and quality of service.

Hi CT the OP looks to be a genuine report. I rent my Condo out through Dancewatcher and the report sums up pretty well the renting experience through Dancewatchers. I know Tik and Mike personally and can say the OP is spot on about their integrity and quality of service.

I'd be more convinced if the OP hadn't felt the need to create a new username to make the report.

I'd be more convinced if the OP hadn't felt the need to create a new username to make the report.

It's a legit review, though I am new to this forum (but I look forward to exploring more :D

Regarding those BMs complaining about the sexy pics on the site, I staunchly agree that sexy, scantily clad TGs should never be used in advertising (NOT! seriously guys, WTF are you thinking?)

-Smelly

It's a legit review, though I am new to this forum (but I look forward to exploring more ;)

Smelly,

I'm confused. In your opening post said, you said "and since this forum (and others) was such a helpful source of info". That would seem to indicate that you weren't new to this forum. :D

It's a legit review, though I am new to this forum (but I look forward to exploring more ;)

Smelly,

I'm confused. In your opening post said, you said "and since this forum (and others) was such a helpful source of info". That would seem to indicate that you weren't new to this forum. :D

No flies on you CT.

VT6 joint looks the goods, though, and very close to Sky Slops too. :D

It's a legit review, though I am new to this forum (but I look forward to exploring more :gulp

Smelly,

I'm confused. In your opening post said, you said "and since this forum (and others) was such a helpful source of info". That would seem to indicate that you weren't new to this forum. :thumbup

No flies on you CT.

VT6 joint looks the goods, though, and very close to Sky Slops too. :bow

:nod

Don't know where you get that idea,it's nowhere near Skytop,which is opp Soi 6,VT6 is Soi 9,I would say a good mile or more away-I did the walk a few times when I stayed in VT6 last month in a Dancewatcher condo.

Excellent room and balcony with full facilities,only downside view totally blocked by new mall and construction of Hilton hotel-and the noise from the aircon ducts on top of the mall is like listening to a 747 continually taking off!

It's a legit review, though I am new to this forum (but I look forward to exploring more :nod

Regarding those BMs complaining about the sexy pics on the site, I staunchly agree that sexy, scantily clad TGs should never be used in advertising (NOT! seriously guys, WTF are you thinking?)

-Smelly

What forum are you not new to then? And under what nick do you usually post? And how much did you get paid to put this up here, Addicts, Live and Secrets? Just curious :thumbup

-Smelly

What forum are you not new to then? And under what nick do you usually post? And how much did you get paid to put this up here, Addicts, Live and Secrets? Just curious :bigsmile:

Gee, you caught me.

Pattaya-Addicts is where I've posted the most; I've only briefly skimmed most others so far (though I must say I do like the more entertaining smilies here :moon ).

I hope all you guys taking the time to piss on me have at least posted lots of cool TG pics in the past to make up for it.

-Smelly

It's a legit review, though I am new to this forum (but I look forward to exploring more

-Smelly

What forum are you not new to then? And under what nick do you usually post? And how much did you get paid to put this up here, Addicts, Live and Secrets? Just curious

Gee, you caught me. :bigsmile: I guess my cunning plan of disguising my posts on all the other boards by posting under the IDENTICAL user name couldn't escape the sharp investigative minds at work here.

Pattaya-Addicts is where I've posted the most; I've only briefly skimmed most others so far (though I must say I do like the more entertaining smilies here :eyecrazy ).

I hope all you guys taking the time to piss on me have at least posted lots of cool TG pics in the past to make up for it.

-Smelly

I dont think anyone is pissing on you mate. You have to admit its highly suspect that you join a forum just to promote a strangers business and the post reads like an advert. You even try to explain why they seem more expensive than other rental places. Im sure they are nice, but inho, its cheaper and better to stay at a hotel. We are allowed opinions , eh?

We are allowed opinions , eh?

I can certainly agree on that, and that's a big part of the value of these forums. I just wasn't expecting to walk into a buzzsaw (cool, they even have a smilie for that!)

A more sensitive guy could have got his feelings hurt. :eyecrazy

Luckily LOS quickly teaches one to stay focused on one's mission of TGs and let everything else that doesn't matter truly slide. I guess if I can deal with the baht bus drivers, I can live with the rough ride of my first thread here. :bigsmile:

-Smelly

Great info buddy,. Haven't been back since November 2007, but if I get the chance to go again will think about the info you provided. Great when members post good solid reviews and comments, makes looking for places to stay a little easlier to deal with. thanks

Great info buddy,. Haven't been back since November 2007, but if I get the chance to go again will think about the info you provided. Great when members post good solid reviews and comments, makes looking for places to stay a little easlier to deal with. thanks

Thanks for the pos feedback, but I have to ask:

"if I get the chance to go again..."

Dude, what are you thinking? :eyecrazy :eyecrazy :eyecrazy

If you can seriously resist the alluring call of Pattay, :eyecrazy then you're a stronger man than I. :D

-Smelly

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the pos feedback, but I have to ask:

"if I get the chance to go again..."

Dude, what are you thinking? :poke :thumbup :beer

If you can seriously resist the alluring call of Pattay, :3some then you're a stronger man than I. :unsure:

-Smelly

What about you Smelly? Are you coming back to the Land of Smiles :beer