Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thomas McCauley- arrested on drug charges

Hi,

My name is Bobby Friedman and I work for the BBC. We are following the story of Thomas McCauley, the man from belfast arrested last week on drug charges.

If you know him, it would be great to hear from you.

My email is bobby.friedman@bbc.co.uk or mobile +44 7912 583 536 and I'll call you straight back.

All emails/ phone calls are in complete confidence

Thanks, Bobby

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I think most of us were unaware of the story. I thought from the OP that the guy must have been major league. I didnt count it up, but I doubt it amounted to even quarter of a kilo. Even though I wouldnt know ice if I sat on it, I reckon their 3 million baht value sounds way out.

Why would the BBC be interested in that? :D Anyway, what a lunatic idea it is to sell drugs in los.

Why doesn't the Op do what most western journos do regarding Thailand. Get off your arse, fly to Bangkok. This has to be via Hong Kong so you can get pissed with a few mates at the Foreign Correspondents Club. Stay at a 5 star hotel in Bkk and get pissed with a few expat journos. Get a limo down to Pattaya and stay at the Royal Cliff, or similar. Play a few rounds of golf. Go to Walking Street and take photos of pissed up Chavs and Neds misbehaving. Ask them if they have heard of drugs in Thailand. Interview a few overweight middleaged battleaxes from the UK on beach road and ask them what they like about Pattaya. Only quote the ones who hate the "Dirty old men with underaged prostitutes etc" (conveniently ignore the fact that the husband is now in Soi 6 getting a short time because his wife is now fat and doesn't root).

Go to Big Buddha and take photos to show your old Mum and your wife.

Go to Pattayaland, pick up a ladyboy and take him to a ST room.

Get totally maggotted on the flight home.

Go home, search the net, and write a piece about Thailand.

Make sure it targets midde aged men exploiting hookers, drunken louts, corrupt police and say it is spoiling it for families. Mention golden triangle at every opportunity. Put something in about Gary Glitter. Put some bullshit in about the drug trade but say the expats living there have clammed up (mainly because you didn't ask them).

Write your article and submit with your expenses.

If you want this forum to grass up on the basis of one post get a reality check.

He hasnt said how much money is he going to pay for this juicy story,or go pay the police,they will spill the beans,and by now the irish drugs dealer will be spilling the beans very quickly for a reduced sentence.

There will be a few farangs crapping themselves at the moment,and a few nobody would believe are smack heads.

Edited by bratpack
Hi,

My name is Bobby Friedman and I work for the BBC. We are following the story of Thomas McCauley, the man from belfast arrested last week on drug charges.

If you know him, it would be great to hear from you.

My email is bobby.friedman@bbc.co.uk or mobile +44 7912 583 536 and I'll call you straight back.

All emails/ phone calls are in complete confidence

Thanks, Bobby

The article also says this bozo is from the Republic of Ireland. Perhaps the BBC would like to enlighten the Thai Police because last time I checked Belfast was in Northern Ireland.

And if you want to speak to people who know him I suggest you talk to students, bar girls and his other customers.

Why doesn't the Op do what most western journos do regarding Thailand. Get off your arse, fly to Bangkok. This has to be via Hong Kong so you can get pissed with a few mates at the Foreign Correspondents Club. Stay at a 5 star hotel in Bkk and get pissed with a few expat journos. Get a limo down to Pattaya and stay at the Royal Cliff, or similar. Play a few rounds of golf. Go to Walking Street and take photos of pissed up Chavs and Neds misbehaving. Ask them if they have heard of drugs in Thailand. Interview a few overweight middleaged battleaxes from the UK on beach road and ask them what they like about Pattaya. Only quote the ones who hate the "Dirty old men with underaged prostitutes etc" (conveniently ignore the fact that the husband is now in Soi 6 getting a short time because his wife is now fat and doesn't root).

Make sure it targets midde aged men exploiting hookers, drunken louts, corrupt police and say it is spoiling it for families. Mention golden triangle at every opportunity. Put something in about Gary Glitter. Put some bullshit in about the drug trade but say the expats living there have clammed up (mainly because you didn't ask them).

If you want this forum to grass up on the basis of one post get a reality check.

FAF! Don't like journo's much do you??? 555

Love it!

:bigsmile:

Teehee! So you're not tellin' then? Maybe the BBC's expense accounts have been credit-crunched. I did enjoy your article Ron. Maybe you could get Bobby to let you ghost-write for him?

Cheers

Andy

Edited by capdagde

So the BBC knows about forums like these... :D

I thought it was against board rules to publish your email address or phone in a post.

I wonder if he knows IndianBrit... :D

Thanks. I think most of us were unaware of the story. I thought from the OP that the guy must have been major league. I didnt count it up, but I doubt it amounted to even quarter of a kilo. Even though I wouldnt know ice if I sat on it, I reckon their 3 million baht value sounds way out.

Why would the BBC be interested in that? B) Anyway, what a lunatic idea it is to sell drugs in los.

A few things came to mind:

The upper leaders of drug rings don't do small time sales themselves, they have underlings who do that. This was a 9 grams (.32 ounce) sale and not "worthy" of the leader of a "ring".

He went to sell 9 grams of Ya Ice but had all that other shit with him? That is laughable.

He confessed? Was it coerced? Western guys usually know better than that.

If you look at all the incongruencies from western standards you can see why a reporter might be interested.

A few things came to mind:

The upper leaders of drug rings don't do small time sales themselves, they have underlings who do that. This was a 9 grams (.32 ounce) sale and not "worthy" of the leader of a "ring".

He went to sell 9 grams of Ya Ice but had all that other shit with him? That is laughable.

He confessed? Was it coerced? Western guys usually know better than that.

If you look at all the incongruencies from western standards you can see why a reporter might be interested.

Agreed. imho, 9 grams of any drug isnt exactly worth much in the UK, but must be worth a big multiple of a los price. Why would the thai police get involved? I was wondering if the guy in question was wanted back home for other offences, was on the run, or a known name. Otherwise any interest in him didnt make sense. Although as someone pointed out out. A so called BBC reporter got his geography, very wrong. Who said the BBC was dumbing down? B)

Agreed. imho, 9 grams of any drug isnt exactly worth much in the UK, but must be worth a big multiple of a los price. Why would the thai police get involved? I was wondering if the guy in question was wanted back home for other offences, was on the run, or a known name. Otherwise any interest in him didnt make sense. Although as someone pointed out out. A so called BBC reporter got his geography, very wrong. Who said the BBC was dumbing down? :allright

Yes, a real BBC reporter should have known so little as that - and that is no small thing in England, N. Ireland or Ireland.

So, who was he really?

Edited by midlifecrisis
Yes, a real BBC reporter should have know so little as that - and that is no small thing in England, N. Ireland or Ireland.

So, who was he really?

Accomplice? Looking for his stash? :clueless

Any Thai working in a safety deposit box facility should watch the papers for faces they know. Or maybe the owners make a fortune as rent payments run out.

The article also says this bozo is from the Republic of Ireland. Perhaps the BBC would like to enlighten the Thai Police because last time I checked Belfast was in Northern Ireland.

And if you want to speak to people who know him I suggest you talk to students, bar girls and his other customers.

People from Norn Iron can apply for a British or Irish Passport. He may have been travelling on an Irish Passport.

:thumbup

Classic :clueless

There is a Bobby Friedman working for the BBC and he does have Belfast connections.

All you gotta do now is to figure out if the OP is really him. ;)

One of the best responses to a OP I have experienced on any of the Pattaya forums & as I prepared to reply to applaud Ronrat

I found there was a queue ahead of me of BMs with a similar mind. :bigsmile:

What a refreshing change from some of the moronic & attention seeking cretins who frequent this forum (I wonder who fits that profile?)

This is, I think my first post here but I just enjoyed Ronrats reply so much I was forced out of my lurking mode.

cheers

rogero :bigsmile: