Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Freelancer Promotion at the Pattaya Beer Garden

We are always looking for ways to increase the number of Freelancers hanging out at the Pattaya Beer Garden. It has always been a long term proposition to build the numbers to the same level as the Bangkok Beer Garden and to become as well known to the girls as the Bangkok operation.

Our latest promotion for the girls is that when they buy a drink for themselves while waiting for Prince Charming to arrive, they receive a numbered ticket which puts them in a draw to win 5,000 baht each week. The draw takes place at 7 pm every Friday and to win they must be present.

We began the promotion last week and had the first draw last Friday. From about 6:30 pm the girls started to roll in and by 7 pm there were well over 100 freelancers in the place. This one really seems to have captured their imagination and I suspect numbers will grow over the following weeks.

I am writing about this here because we need lots of guys around at the time of the draw for the girls to take advantage of. While freelancer numbers are growing there are nowhere near 100 in the bar at any one time, EXCEPT on Friday evening at 7 pm. So come on guys, don’t be shy, check out the largest collection of Freelancers in one place at one time every Friday at 7 pm at The Pattaya Beer Garden.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the girls only go on Fridays at 7.00 pm for the 5000baht draw why not change it to 1000 baht every day at 7pm to ensure that at least some of the girls are there every day. It may not be feasible but its just a thought.

If the girls only go on Fridays at 7.00 pm for the 5000baht draw why not change it to 1000 baht every day at 7pm to ensure that at least some of the girls are there every day. It may not be feasible but its just a thought.

Now there is a guy with business acumen. Perfectly feasible in my opinion and would perhaps get freelancers into the habit of going to the Beergarden on a daily basis. This would then encourage guys to go along in greater numbers . . . . and so ad infinitum

I was having a meal with a lady at PBG on Friday when you obviously held the first draw, and wondered what all the shrieking was about, and where all these bloody tasty birds had suddenly sprung from. Somehow felt I should have come alone to get on the hunt. Great idea Pete, really good, and the suggestion about having a draw every day is also a good one on the face of it. Congratulations to you, PBG is a great place to be - the girls I take there love it too.

In theory it should work. However, humans in general are idiots. Think of it like a UK or US lottery. If the prize is 100 million the tickets sell like hotcakes. On the other hand, try giving away 100 seperate one million dollar winners each week and people start to yawn. Makes more sense to me to give out the 100 prizes, but the numbers show that ticket sales decline.

Nice idea!! I guess I will have to eat something while I'm there to get my "power"up! :allright Friday must already be a good day for business, how about a mid week drawing to bring up the croud. Wednesday is hump day, i think any good business man could come up with an snappy ad idea for that day.

WOW! 100 Freelancers!

Great idea! Great promotion, Pete!

Maybe the idea of a daily drawing has merit too? Could expose a lot of additonal Freelancer's to the PBG. Stands to reason that ALL can't make it on a Friday.

Personally, 100 ladies present would overwhelm me-the shear numbers, but it would be fun trying to pick one from the gathering! :D IMO, it would be more comfortable if there would be half that number nightly.

I give you credit with continuing to come up with good promotions! All those early years in radio is paying off? :D

Ok, Pete, here's the second half to your raffle. Give out tickets to us farangs and invite us to the Friday drawing and give out a free 1000 baht long-time to the winning farang. The winner gets his choice of any of the 100 freelancers who have shown up that night.

Ok, Pete, here's the second half to your raffle. Give out tickets to us farangs and invite us to the Friday drawing and give out a free 1000 baht long-time to the winning farang. The winner gets his choice of any of the 100 freelancers who have shown up that night.

Now that is a raffle I would get into. Start this one next week and i'm in. :bigsmile:

This is a great idea and I will be in the garden of Eden the first Friday I'm back in Patt's.

I agree that the prize should be a bigger one and not many small ones, but I think there's still room for other ways to attract the girls on other nights. I like to party 4 to 5 times a week so just hanging out for Friday is too long a wait.

I've been to Phnom Penh and Sharky's has weekly promotions for the girls.

They have one night where the girls can choose from 3 different meals at the price of one dollar US.

Another night they have lady drinks at one dollar US, again a choice of 3.

I think this could work here at the beer garden. Just my 2 cents from what I've noticed to be effective.

C.

Now that is an inspired idea

Great idea Pete. Good to see you try so many different things to support your selling proposition. Good luck. Shall mark my Friday nights in Pattaya for the draw and the parade!

Can hardly wait until August...........

:clueless

Why is it that some blokes are looking for a "free ride," when the overall prices at the PBG are good and that the freelancer concept in itself is not enough to for us to participate? :clueless

Why should Pete hand out a 1000 baht note to any of the mongers who attend? Why not include free drinks all evening a a meal too? :fingers

The draw is tomorrow (Friday) at 7 pm. Hope to see some of you there.

We have given out over 600 tickets (400 last week) so expect a bumper attendance by the girls.

Thanks for the various suggestions. I have found that Thai girls are very hard to promote to. The best promotions are simple, easy to understand and have a gee wizz factor. This is our second draw which is looking like it will be bigger than the first. For now I want to keep it simple and clear. We may add extra features once this idea is well bedded in with the girls.

The draw is tomorrow (Friday) at 7 pm. Hope to see some of you there.

We have given out over 600 tickets (400 last week) so expect a bumper attendance by the girls.

Thanks for the various suggestions. I have found that Thai girls are very hard to promote to. The best promotions are simple, easy to understand and have a gee wizz factor. This is our second draw which is looking like it will be bigger than the first. For now I want to keep it simple and clear. We may add extra features once this idea is well bedded in with the girls.

Good luck with the Promo.

Perhaps you could post a few snaps of the Ladies that attend?

Edited by papillon

I'll be in around 6PM for dinner and the raffle. I'll take two as there small. :eyecrazy