Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Ok got quoted for SFO-BKK Oct24th-Nov 14th

Ticket $198

Taxes $481

Total $679

Econo Class

Pretty good deal especially for Singapore Airlines..

Singapore Airlines is running a pretty good deal for Flights from USA to SEA

Travel July 1-Nov 30 pruchase by june 28th

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/cont...ional_value.jsp

That's a coincidence, I was talking to an American last night who was also telling me of a great deal he got to fly from West Coast (LA or SFO, I forget) on SQ. He mentioned about $850 which I thought was really cheap (maybe included the hop to SFO).

Your $679 (£414) on a great airline for quite a distance is some special.

Right now I think thats the cheapest flight for people flying from the west coast.

If this keeps up I'm going to be looking at the same price I paid for my

first flight back in 98 $550 total on Thai air SFO-BKK..

Even Eva air has dropped their prices for Elite/deluxe by about

$200.00 I am liking what I see..

That's a great fare, it seems to be the same from LAX as well. Only problem is no FF miles eligibility for those flights/prices. Oh well, i guess you gotta trade in one benefit for the other.

Singapore have this sale going out of Australia also.

Return flight from MEL or SYD a touch over $700AU all in. Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth also but not sure on fare prices. No miles with these fares but I can live with that at these prices.

Grest fares from what I consider, the best airline I have ever travelled on, and now use them on every trip. Kicked me over the edge to fit in another trip before Christmas, although it will only be a short 10 dayer.

Book directly through your country's web site which allows you to choose your seating also.

onelilley.

Ticket $198

Taxes $481

Total $679

Econo Class

$481 in taxes-ur kidding,right?

$481 in taxes-ur kidding,right?

Ditto. I want to know what governments/bodies are collecting those taxes. BS.

Or the OP muxed ip taxes with service charges and fees?

Ditto. I want to know what governments/bodies are collecting those taxes. BS.

Or the OP muxed ip taxes with service charges and fees?

on the Singapore Air site, the $481 states that it is (taxes and surcharges).

Great deal, but you do get into Singapor at 1:15 AM and don't get to BKK till much later that same day, same going back, adds an additional 24 hours to your already long flight plan.

on the Singapore Air site, the $481 states that it is (taxes and surcharges).

2D,if you purchase the ticket,I'd be curious to know what the breakdown is of that amount since I wrote (literally)/issued those tickets for 32 years.TIA

That $679 is all in. these specials are from LAX, SFO and JFK to BKK.

Travel July 1-Nov 30, purchase by June 28th.

Slight correction in our favour. You can stay three months or less. You have to start by Nov, but return travel is valid through end of January.

sqspecial.jpg

I found some other fares just skimming through after looking at that. Continental will take you to Bangkok and back for under $700 from many more places than SIA, so they say. China goes for under $800, adverts claim. Didn't look at any details at all, but there are decent/good fares available from the US.

Wish they had a couple from Thailand, I'll be going again in a bit.

The Singapore deal is specifically valid for any date you can book - for those who want end-of-year holidays in Thailand. You do have to buy now, that's the only thing.

2D,if you purchase the ticket,I'd be curious to know what the breakdown is of that amount since I wrote (literally)/issued those tickets for 32 years.TIA

Shouldn't you tell us, then?

Edited by joekicker

Won't be purchasing this one, as I already have a flight covered for next trip. JBallState might be able to chime in though with the specifics of the billing details.

Great deal, but you do get into Singapor at 1:15 AM and don't get to BKK till much later that same day, same going back, adds an additional 24 hours to your already long flight plan.

Yes. Fly to HKG, spend the day there, catch the 8 ocklock Air Asia to BKK and reverse. The layover is just 3 or 4 hrs on the way back.

Slight correction in our favour. You can stay three months or less. You have to start by Nov, but return travel is valid through end of January.

post-14496-1245198753.jpg

I found some other fares just skimming through after looking at that. Continental will take you to Bangkok and back for under $700 from many more places than SIA, so they say. China goes for under $800, adverts claim. Didn't look at any details at all, but there are decent/good fares available from the US.

Wish they had a couple from Thailand, I'll be going again in a bit.

The Singapore deal is specifically valid for any date you can book - for those who want end-of-year holidays in Thailand. You do have to buy now, that's the only thing.

Shouldn't you tell us, then?

I retired 4 years back-gee,do you think things may have changed in that time?

I booked the Singapore Airlines deal today JFK to BKK, $679 Oct28-Nov.15. This flight is almost $200 less than anything else I could find.

Ticket $198

Taxes $481

Total $679

Econo Class

Here is a breakdown on the Singapore Air flight from JFK to BKK.

Total Price

Passenger(s)

1 Adult

USD679.21

(Include taxes and surcharges)

Fare for 1 Adult: 198.00

Taxes & Surcharges: 481.21

Total: USD 679.21

Prices shown in US Dollar (USD).

USD 679.21= SGD 988.32*

*Estimated.

Depart JFK Nov 10

Depart BKK Jan 12

I retired 4 years back-gee,do you think things may have changed in that time?

I know of 2 things that have changed in the last 4 years, a fuel surcharge has been added and the BKK departure tax is now included in the ticket. :bigsmile:

Singagpore is a great airline and I'm always thrilled when United places me with them when I'm using my United airmiles and flying free. However I'm not that excited about that price. I just bought a ticket on United departing on the 2nd of Jul from Sacramento for about $970 USD. That includes the domestic leg plus my stay is 47 days (best fares for United are more than 7 and no more than 30 days stay) so if someone was flying out of LAX or SFO for less than 30 days they would have a lower price and if their flight was after Sep probably even lower. Plus I'll earn a little over 34,000 miles or slighty more than 1/2 of what is required for a free flight.