Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Across 2cd road directly in front of Mikes is Soi Dianna. 2 laundry shops on the left before Slices Pizza.

But really its hard to walk a block in any direction without running into one. I forget the prices.

Funny you should ask ,The laundries put a colored thread in your clothes to identify yours. I noticed the polo I'm wearing still has the thread from the last trip. Looked at that and brought back fond memories of Patt's.

I really need to get back there if i'm going on about laundry like this.

There are many laundries and the prices are pretty much of a muchness.

Have been using the same laundry for the past 4 years. It's just across the road from Areca Lodge (on the corner of an entry). Don't know prices but I'm sure they're reasonable and have always provided a good service.

Or walk up Soi 11 Honey Inn, there are at least three there, first is on the RHS after about 100 yards and called Star Laundry, within the Star Inn hotel.

A mate of mine who used the laundry found out which soap powder they used, brought some and brought it back to use in UK, how sad is that! The smell reminded him of his holiday.

All good answers. Right across from Areca is the one I'm familiar with. Nicely cleaned, folded and bagged for very little money. However, I'm sure wherever you're staying will have it done for you as an extra service.

What's the street nearest Mike's Mall? Soi 13? Whatever it is, I used to walk down there pretty much every day and along the way I'd see a few massage places and a small laundry, I believe. Most of those places charge about 7 or 8 baht per shirt, maybe a pit more for pants? Something like that. I used to go through two or three changes of clothes every day, so I had a lot of laundry done.

Thanks for the replies.

Do they just wash or do they iron too?

Thanks

They mostly wash and press.........and do a fair job.

Perhaps on the islands you find some that just wash and fold.

In the rainy season, clothes are often not quite dry!

All good answers. Right across from Areca is the one I'm familiar with. Nicely cleaned, folded and bagged for very little money. However, I'm sure wherever you're staying will have it done for you as an extra service.

Wherever Areca sends to avoid. That place perfumes your clothes. I re-washed my clothes back in the States and the smell persisted. Would prefer mothballs

When I get my laundry back I want to smell - nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wherever Areca sends to avoid. That place perfumes your clothes. I re-washed my clothes back in the States and the smell persisted. Would prefer mothballs

When I get my laundry back I want to smell - nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but unlikely. They just hope you prefer the perfumes.

They tend to fill the machines well, and of course your stuff gets mixed with other guys.

Yes, but unlikely. They just hope you prefer the perfumes.

They tend to fill the machines well, and of course your stuff gets mixed with other guys.

nope, of all my trips only on the one last August, when I stayed at the Areca, did I have this problem.

Or walk up Soi 11 Honey Inn, there are at least three there, first is on the RHS after about 100 yards and called Star Laundry, within the Star Inn hotel.

A mate of mine who used the laundry found out which soap powder they used, brought some and brought it back to use in UK, how sad is that! The smell reminded him of his holiday.

We just stayed at the Bay Breeze hotel straight across the road from this laundry for 12 days. Drop the washing of every 3rd day for the 2 of us cost was from 85 baht to 125 baht 2 to 3 kg of washing.

20090625_276.JPG