Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

To make a long story short, I'll be in Thailand for the better part of September, I got plans for the entire visit there, but I feel that some sort of a backup plan would be nice.

I've got my lodging sorted, if nothing goes sour. What I'd be interested to know is how easy it would be to get some decent lodging in Pattaya if shit should go wrong during my stay there and I suddenly would find myself in need of a room.

I've been looking around and there seems to quite a few places around that suits my needs. Nothing fancy, AC, good beds/Shower and clean and ofcourse GF.

The ones I've been looking close at are, Metro apartments, The Irish Rover, Pasadena, Canterbury Inn. They all seems to be the in the same pricerange and keep a good standard on things, aswell as getting good reviews.

So basicly, would it be likely that I could find me a room any any of the mentioned places or similar on a short notice? possibly with no more than a day or two's notice in advance, and is there any similar place that I might have missed? Going to bring a my notebook and was planing to keep a short list of my options.

/Gnap

I've been looking around and there seems to quite a few places around that suits my needs. Nothing fancy, AC, good beds/Shower and clean and ofcourse GF.

The ones I've been looking close at are, Metro apartments, The Irish Rover, Pasadena, Canterbury Inn. They all seems to be the in the same pricerange and keep a good standard on things, aswell as getting good reviews.

/Gnap

There won't be any problem getting a room on short notice in September in the LK Metro area or anywhere else in Pattaya. If the establishments you name all happen to be full at that time (very unlikely), there are many, many others that hold the same standard and price level. There's no reason to be worried.

Evil

:banana

I stayed at metro Aprtments in April with no problems. They were full for the first 4 days of my trip in spetember, so i am trying the Irish Rovers. The places are small about 11 rooms, so You can always try the next one, many there.

Don't forget to check out the RoadHouse on Soi LK Metro. They are supposed to have some "smashing" rooms and rates. :D

At least try and get the name right! Roadhouse is not even in Pattaya let alone SOI LKMetro, but as we all know a little thing like the truth doesn't bother you! Looking forward to your next and 1st intelligent/helpful post!

Uoi really are :rolleyes: ;) :beer :clueless :clueless :clueless

At least try and get the name right! Roadhouse is not even in Pattaya let alone SOI LKMetro, but as we all know a little thing like the truth doesn't bother you! Looking forward to your next and 1st intelligent/helpful post!

Uoi really are ;) :allright :allright :angry: :ang2 2guns

Piss off! You obviously don't have a sense of humor.

Don't forget to check out the RoadHouse on Soi LK Metro. They are supposed to have some "smashing" rooms and rates. ;)

Yet another helpful post you need to get your facts right before posting

Don't forget to check out the RoadHouse on Soi LK Metro. They are supposed to have some "smashing" rooms and rates.

Judging on the response later on in the thread I assume I can ignore that? If you had read how many post I've made you aught to have figured out how good idea that kind of Joke would be.

The metro appartments is very popular you will need to book in advance and I would any where around soi lk it is starting to become a very popular area to stay

Had I know for sure that I would be needing a room I would have booked =) Now the thing is that I already have plans and somewhere to stay. I was merely looking into having any of these as a possible backup plan. And as a backup plan I can't really go and book a room. =/

Mate Im sure you will have No Pompen

Just been talking to a fellow BM on the ground said heaps of vacancies

I can comment personally on the following places

Rockhouse = excellent quality rooms ,very big (over 40sqm +balconey)well appionted(owner Alex)

Irish Rovers= again excellent rooms neat as a pin ,really friendly owner(Pat) and staff,cant go wrong

LK Metro Appartments = Same as rovers ,owner aslo great guy(dennis)

Armageddon = also same as above and yet another friendly owner (for a Kiwi :banghead )

Add to list

Billabong,3some, thai archer,Malones ++++

Trust me you will have no problems at all just walking into a great value room in Lk metro area at that time of year from reports I have received from guys there at present,hope this is of assistance

Have a great trip

Mate Im sure you will have No Pompen

Just been talking to a fellow BM on the ground said heaps of vacancies

I can comment personally on the following places

Rockhouse = excellent quality rooms ,very big (over 40sqm +balconey)well appionted(owner Alex)

Irish Rovers= again excellent rooms neat as a pin ,really friendly owner(Pat) and staff,cant go wrong

LK Metro Appartments = Same as rovers ,owner aslo great guy(dennis)

Armageddon = also same as above and yet another friendly owner (for a Kiwi :D )

Add to list

Billabong,3some, thai archer,Malones ++++

Trust me you will have no problems at all just walking into a great value room in Lk metro area at that time of year from reports I have received from guys there at present,hope this is of assistance

Have a great trip

I doubt that Metro apartments will have any walk in rooms :D

Last August , i stayed one week at Areca which I booked , then at Kerati Home Stay (which i wouldnt recomend) on Soi LK , just walked in , that was shit so changed hotels to pasadena 4 nights later. This year sounds a lot quiter , you wont have any problems finding vavanices in at least one of the hotels on your list

Thanks for the replies. Should it be that I need a room getting it sound like it is possible, attleast at some of the places mentioned. Should they all be booked I asume there are plenty other hotels that have rooms. can always change hotel/guesthouse if it's too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies. Should it be that I need a room getting it sound like it is possible, attleast at some of the places mentioned. Should they all be booked I asume there are plenty other hotels that have rooms. can always change hotel/guesthouse if it's too bad.

Also cheeck out Billabong Hotel in L.K. Metro. Great rooms from 600 baht, WIFI, CC card, bar and good food. Of course I am a little biased.

www.billabonghotel.com

Canterbury Tales Cafe has available in September room 4A, 6A, 10A 7 8B, all pics & details on the website www.canterburytalescafe.com all other rooms are booked although a couple have part month available so depends on your dates.

Cheers Dave

Many places available this year offering special deals with more hotels opening every month. I took a friend to the Siam View on Soi AR. 4500 baht a week with lift and pool on the roof. Free wifi and if you don't hvae your own lpatop they have 2 computers down in the lobby free for the guests.

Galaxy Suites is located in the heart of the action just off Walking St, on Soi Diamond. Free WiFi, king-size bed, in-room safe, air and 24 hour front desk help. If you want to be in the middle of things check out Galaxy Suites.
  • 2 weeks later...
emil,

can you give an idea where soi AR is, I am curious to take a look at the Siam View hotel you were talking about. I will be staying at the LK Metro off Soi Diana..

Soi AR is located off of Pattayaklang between Buakaow and 3rd Rd. It will go about half way toward North Pattaya Rd and then take a turn towards 2nd Rd and intersect at Bangkok Bank just about opposite Soi 6. At this bend it will intersect with another road that will continue north and runs directly behind the Big C and intersect with North Pattaya Rd. The Amari Nova is next door and Jamesion's and Nova Park just a few meters away.

Soi AR is located off of Pattayaklang between Buakaow and 3rd Rd. It will go about half way toward North Pattaya Rd and then take a turn towards 2nd Rd and intersect at Bangkok Bank just about opposite Soi 6. At this bend it will intersect with another road that will continue north and runs directly behind the Big C and intersect with North Pattaya Rd. The Amari Nova is next door and Jamesion's and Nova Park just a few meters away.

thanks emil