Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Been back a week and looking for xmas flights, everyone wanting stupid money or 8-10hr stopovers.

Finnair seems to have better prices but don't know anyone who has used them. Planes/food any good and do they have individual screens in seats etc.

Any help appreciated

My wife and daughter flew with them last year. Flight and food were OK. My wife told me she'd fly with them again.

Been back a week and looking for xmas flights, everyone wanting stupid money or 8-10hr stopovers.

Finnair seems to have better prices but don't know anyone who has used them. Planes/food any good and do they have individual screens in seats etc.

Any help appreciated

Depends on which aircraft you get. The AY089/090 is decent enough on a A330, the AY095/096 is an old MD11 and is one to be avoided.

I dont know what aircraft tehy are using for this route but a few years ago my emirates flight had a technical delay in UK. The upshot was that we arrived in Dubai too late to get any bangkok flight. So they took us to singapore and then stuck us on a Finnair flight up to BKK.

The plane felt old, dirty and the food was defo not up to Emirates standard (nor the service). It had the old portable TV's hanging from roof and seat comfort was lacking.

This didnt feel like a short haul aircraft but i think they must have chartered it in a hurry as it was so dirty.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings!!!

Edited by vidman
It's probably full of pissed up Finns, never met a sober one yet :rolleyes:
Surely no worse than their Eastern neighbours?

Any help appreciated

I flew a couple of years ago (Dec 2006) with them to BKK because they were the cheapest I could find at the last minute (£770 I think from memory).

As I understand it they have an excellent safety record which is reassuring but the plane I flew on was old and didn't have the latest IFE. I even got a free upgrade to Business for the main leg and it was a big screen at the front of the cabin (even in business).

IMHO somebody like Qatar are head and shoulders above them in terms of flight quality but depends on what the most important factor is I guess.

Edited by DJCBrixton