Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

LK Renasaince(?) or Tim's Boutique

I can get a room at either one for about the same price. Both look nice. Any recomendations as to which one is better?

i agree lk for me every time location and friendlyness of staff

front manager tong good guy speaks perfect english even better than me lol :unsure:

Writing this from a (great) room in Tim's Boutique. My fourth stay in this hotel. Have not stayed in LK R, but Tim is hard to beat. Great location, fantastic roof top pool (best in town?), good breakfast, very good, big rooms with great bed (I am picky), the reception could shape up their English (but this is Thailand).

A little tip if you chose tim: the agoda does not include internet. I just realized they can provide a 350 baht package for 24 hours, and you can log on and out. So if you stay 12 days you have 2 hours every day, plenty.

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided on Tim's. Both locations are good. Tims pool looks very nice on top of the building. Reserved the room through Agoda. Only worry is if I get there and they give me two single beds and not a King size one.

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided on Tim's. Both locations are good. Tims pool looks very nice on top of the building. Reserved the room through Agoda. Only worry is if I get there and they give me two single beds and not a King size one.

Should be no problem with the King size, I have never stayed in Tims but all the hotels I stay in I usually send an e-mail when first booking even if 4 months in advance to let them know I am looking forward to staying there and asking for a double. Usually get e-mail back within 48hrs saying no prob and then take e-mail with me.

Only once was I given 2 singles and told couldnt have double, I showed them e-mail and within a few minutes got the double.

Tell them in advance what you want. I never did that, and I have booked 5 stays here in 4 years, king size every time.

I have stayed at both multiple times and agree with the general view that it is really close, probably just a matter of personal preference. Both are quite fine.

Question to others:

Is the delux room in Tim's any better than the standard? [i could care less about the jacuizzi] TIA

• 2 weeks later...