Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 214 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Premier League 2009/10

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Saw that clip. Were you shown on TV?

I dunno, I was at the game Saturday. There was an item about him on' Late Kickoff' last Monday. Did you mean that ?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I was at the game Saturday. There was an item about him on' Late Kickoff' last Monday. Did you mean that ?

Hi,

Saw it on Sky Sports News channel. It showed the keeper and interviewed some people outside the ground. Didn't hear what was said as I was in a pub at the time. :allright

I've just been reading through the thread. Quite informative, chatty, friendly and football-oriented. If you get my drift. Thanks for the updates and colour comments, damned interesting.

I would have pronounced it "Szczesny".

Edited by joekicker
I've just been reading through the thread. Quite informative, chatty, friendly and football-oriented. If you get my drift. Thanks for the updates and colour comments, damned interesting.

I would have pronounced it "Szczesny".

Darn, why didn't I have you there to help me out ? :banghead

I pity the lad having to learn to spell it as a nipper. :rolleyes:

Hi,

A good eveing for the gooners as Chelsea lose at Everton and Man Utd draw with Villa. Spurs are playing as some boardies have suggested they might by losing at Wolves. Man City seem to have a good chance of a top 4 finish but its too early to write off Liverpool. Pompey are 7 days from..?

Hi,

A good eveing for the gooners as Chelsea lose at Everton and Man Utd draw with Villa. Spurs are playing as some boardies have suggested they might by losing at Wolves. Man City seem to have a good chance of a top 4 finish but its too early to write off Liverpool. Pompey are 7 days from..?

It's as close as a shave with a Gilette mach 3 mate. :chogdee

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Everton prove the stars of the weekend with a good win over Man Utd. Local boys Gosling and Rodwell come on late in the game to sink the Mancs. Arsenal and Chelsea scrape home and West Ham have a solid win over Hull. Man City and Liverpool play a game that will stay long in the memory for the wrong reasons.

Hi,

Arsenal win a tough game at Stoke to get back in contention. Man City beat Chelsea who seem to be suffering from the Terry/Cole problems. Liverpool and Spurs both win to stay in touch in the fight for Champions League places.

Hi,

Arsenal and Man Utd keep the pressure on Chelsea who were playing in the Cup. Everton are back to nearer full strength and give Hull a right beating. Premiership seems a bit flat this year with no outstanding team.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Scousers robbed in Manchester. :bigsmile: United losing at Old Trafford. What happens next ? Got it in one. United awarded another dodgy penalty and back in the game. The refereeing in the Premiership is becoming beyond parody. :behead

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Well Chelsea proved too good for Man Utd. However Man Utd were short the man who helped win them win the Premiership last year and beat Liverpool recently, Howard Webb.

Never mind about the top of the Prem'.

If Leyton Orient get demoted, we won't play there next year and their clubhouse has 6 real ales on at once. It gets a mention in The Good Beer guide. Opposition fans welcome, before and after the game- but unlike Gillette, not during. :D

Never mind about the top of the Prem'.

If Leyton Orient get demoted, we won't play there next year and their clubhouse has 6 real ales on at once. It gets a mention in The Good Beer guide. Opposition fans welcome, before and after the game.

Hi,

Thats good. Real football, the Prem is a business now. Still some great players about.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Chelsea have one hand on the title after beating Bolton. Arsenal are out of the race after a cracking game at Spurs. Looking foward to the Manc derby. Hope Tevez has a great game. :banghead

A quick question for northern England BM's.

Our local JD Sports shop has, Liverpool, Man.U and other 'Dirty Northern Bastards' ( Exeter called us that, last week ) :bigsmile: shirts for sale.

Do you have London club shirts on sale in your towns ? I can't believe you do, but it has always made me wonder why we have yours here.

Could it be all you lot living down here ? Are Londoners not as loyal to their City as you oop north ?

We have oodles of clubs at all levels to support. Why choose a northern one ? :rolleyes:

Hounslow is awash with every club shirt, but it's nearest one - mine !

Brentford not got enough razamataz I suppose. :unsure:

Chelsea have one hand on the title after beating Bolton.

So I guess this morning Chelsea have one fingernail gripping the title. No reason to basically clinch it against Spurs, provide a little drama, boys!

It's a two horse race

ManUtd and Chelsea.

Great win by the Red Devils last night.

Pressure on Chelsea to maintain 1 point lead.

Liverpool have been the biggest disappointment.

Gunners will finish third.

Interesting battle for fourth spot....Man City or Spurs?

Interesting battle for fourth spot....Man City or Spurs?

Hi,

I hope Spurs can beat Man Utd anyway, and I'm a gooner. :D Man City showed a lack of attacking ambition against Utd. Mancini seems like another Rafa, good manager but too defensive for the Prem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Howard Webb didn't show up but Man Utd got 2 penalties as they beat Spurs in a close game. Chelsea take Stoke apart and after beating both Man Utd and Arsenal on their own ground deserve to win the Premiership this year. Burnley go down which is a shame but with a good manager they have a chance of coming back up next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Premiership ends this Sunday with the likelyhood of Chelsea winning. The only thing I'm worried about is some bad refs decisons which is always a possibility as long as the Red Devils still have a chance! Spurs play some nice football to qualify for Champions League. I think its been a poor season in general.

.. Standing still may be the new going forward and in that respect Chelsea seem strongest.

Hi,

Well done to Chelsea. Good to see Newcastle back in the Premiership. Now we need Leeds and some other strongly supported teams to come in and make it stronger. Celtic ,Rangers and Cardiff would be a good start. :rolleyes: Time to leave my jacket on my chair and head for the door. :beer

Edited by wacmedia

I told you Wac', no matter how much you built up the tension before the season, it was gonna be one of the usuals.

If you want excitement at this time of year, League 1 was a cracker, top and bottom.

My mate from Hartlepool was having kittens on Saturday every time Brentford came close to their goal. They stayed up on goal difference at the expense of Gillingham.

Three teams could have gone up at the top, without being involved in the playoffs.........

We finished 9th- not bad for out first season. Thank you Mr Wenger. The Polish chap was very useful in goal. :rolleyes:

I told you Wac', no matter how much you built up the tension before the season, it was gonna be one of the usuals.

If you want excitement at this time of year, League 1 was a cracker, top and bottom.

My mate from Hartlepool was having kittens on Saturday every time Brentford came close to their goal. They stayed up on goal difference at the expense of Gillingham.

Three teams could have gone up at the top, without being involved in the playoffs.........

We finished 9th- not bad for out first season. Thank you Mr Wenger. The Polish chap was very useful in goal. :party

Hi,

Yeah as a romantic I enjoy the lower leagues more and I think you have more genuine fans rather than the types who have been drawn to the Prem because of the money and percieved glamour. :D We want that goalie back, the 3 who played in goal this year were all roobish. 1luv

For me, Liverpool should win it, i would have been more confident if they had not sold Alonso, but they should have enough this eason to claim the title.

Best bets are with Paddy Power, they offer trebles on the relegation places, for me, Pompey, Hull & Burnley at 40-1 is a cracking bet.

That would have been a result !

That would have been a result !

Hi,

Hope bellfunk done that bet. :beer Fulham were down near the bottom of the whole league a few years ago and are now playing in European finals. Should give hope to nidnoyham and those who follow smaller teams.