Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I know the guys at Tuk.com can do wonders to our little pieces of modern electronics, but how about Iphone (2g) repair?

My Iphone's battery is about to die, so I want that changed plus I want the back cover replaced, since it shows I've used it a lot (many scratches on the backcover).

So any recommendations? Advice? Tuk.com or better go to BKK MBK?

In Holland a battery replacement would cost me € 49 (about 2500 baht), a new backcover € 125 :D

Edited by dennismoore
I know the guys at Tuk.com can do wonders to our little pieces of modern electronics, but how about Iphone (2g) repair?

My Iphone's battery is about to die, so I want that changed plus I want the back cover replaced, since it shows I've used it a lot (many scratches on the backcover).

So any recommendations? Advice? Tuk.com or better go to BKK MBK?

In Holland a battery replacement would cost me € 49 (about 5000 baht), a new backcover € 125 :D

i would be concerned about switching phones on you from yours to a clone

if you watch them do the work, cool

i had a buddy have his phone switched

gave the guys the phone, then they disappeared for a while

came back with the same color, but now had a thai key pad (was a moto phone)

i have had service work done and when i could not watch, they refused

jmhe

I had very bad experience with Iphone at Tucom. They said one hour and 1000 baht. Later they said come back tomorrow. Tomorrow turned into next week. When I finally did get the phone I took it to MBK in Bangkok. There I found that several of the components were replaced and not original. For example the touch screen glass was replaced with ordinary glass. I highly recommend that you take your phone to an authorized dealer for repairs. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

I had my touch screen replaced on my i-Phone 3 at Tuk.com Sriracha with no issues. It did cost me 10,000 baht though. That was last year. I noticed nothing changed other than the screen.

I had my touch screen replaced on my i-Phone 3 at Tuk.com Sriracha with no issues. It did cost me 10,000 baht though. That was last year. I noticed nothing changed other than the screen.

Jesus Christ you can BUY a good condition Iphone 3GS for that amount! You got ripped worse than the guy who had his phone switched.

Jesus Christ you can BUY a good condition Iphone 3GS for that amount! You got ripped worse than the guy who had his phone switched.

This was 18 months ago. Please tell me where in Thailand I can buy original i-Phone 3GS for 10,000 baht. I will buy them all day long. The best price I have seen for second hand 3GS has been 18,000 baht.

go into tuk go up the elevator beside the do nut stand to the phone dept. Once there turn right and straight accross and in the middle there is a girl there who owns a repair and sales shop. She is recognisable by several freckle type marks on both cheeks (facial) There will be a long haired lad working there also behind the counter I have had several phones unlocked and fixed there including a blocked 2g she is a good girl but bargain with her.

Edited by darkmancomes

ifixit.com

It has instructions and kits to fix anything apple on there, they sell batteries and all as well, I used it to help replace a battery for my 3GS and recently for my iPhone4, it makes thing pretty simple as long as your gentle with it.

• 4 weeks later...

IPHONE

IF YOU NEED ADVISE ON IPHONE INBOX UNIVERSAL SOLDIER HE WILL TALK YOU THROUGH ANY TASK JUST ABOUT ON THE IPHONE HELPED MY TGF SO IF YOU NEED ANY ADVISE IM SURE HE WOULD ONLY BE TOO PLEASED TO HELP YOU

IS NAMES NATHAN HES MY SON AND HES IN PATTAYA NOW WITH MY OTHER SON LUCKY SO N SOS

I thought the best advice was to chuck it in the pool instead of boring the tits off everyone playing with the damned thing.