Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Retirement in Pattya & Your Experiences

I am currently on holiday here in Pattaya until Saturday.

I have always considering retiring here - possibly in the near future. I would to happy to buy some beers and hear about some the ExPats folks' experience regarding retiring to Pattaya over a beer or other libations.

I would like to discuss how do you stay busy, cost of living, health insurance and how you made the decision to finally pull the plug and make the move to the LOS, etc.

If anyone would be good enough to give me their insight, I would be happy to buy some drinks. Please private message me if you would good enough to join me for drinks or else provide a response to this post on your general thoughts on staying busy, budgeting, health care and making the decision to move.

Thanks,

Hawkster

• 3 weeks later...

Just hit any bar on the darkside.

Staying busy.... not obligatory.......

Cost of living, cheaper than most farang countries....

Budgeting would depend on your financial status, and there are lots of threads on how much you need to live here.

Health care, serious subject, again many past threads have hit this one.

I don't know if you got any PMs but a lot of what you want to know can be hammered out here. Your post might pick up a one sided view from some piss head who is looking for free beer! :clap2

I don't live here. Check out the the expat meeting's held weekly. The Pattaya Mail has a on line version that you may find useful.