Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

New hotel coming but we need to know what you guys value most

g'day playmates :D

i agree with everything that LORD FLASH has suggested !!

plus would like to add, "LOCATION" it should be in walking distance to most attractions ..it's no good being built in the boon docks ..naturally a small pool, "but" your own idea's look good to me ......AND the most inportant thing that goes with good digs is PRICE !!

GOOD LUCK HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU!! :ang2

MRBILL2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there have been many excellent points made so far, some of the ones that caught my eye were,

decent sized room safe

removal of mini bar ( i like to stock the fridge to my tastes)

kick ass power shower (in an area big enough for at least 2)

2 pillows either side of bed

a sofa in room

quiter air con.

central location

if you guys can do that for 1000 a night then book me in now

Edited by bigstuy

All sounds good, location? How about Buddah Hill, Pratumnak rd area, or anywhere still in the 20 bt motobike taxi range of W Street / VC area...

there have been many excellent points made so far, some of the ones that caught my eye were,

if you guys can do that for 100 a night then book me in now

If you can do that for 100 Baht a night, I'll dump my old guest house and stay at your's :D .

I'd say if you could give that kind of room, decent size, for under a grand, it'll do well. Besides location, I think most important is have a pleasant, English-speaking front desk staff. Stocked fridge is not needed. Big safe which could hold a small laptop would be nice.

A lift is required.

Electronic Key lock is much safer.

Refrigerator with proper freezer.

Big shower for two

Extra padding on the bed.

In a bar area that doesn't close down at 1am.

And since this is Pattaya, don't forget mirrors on the ceiling and pink champagne on ice.

Nothing says cheap more than the usual two bottles of drinking water in the fridge. The Queen Vic is excellent in this respect, unlimited drinking water. It`s a tropical country FFS!

I wont book into a room where I have to go outside to smoke like a schoolboy.

I wont book into a room where I have to go outside to smoke like a schoolboy.

Smoking rooms are becoming nonexistant. Are you going to stay home?

A secure place to lock a laptop to with a security chain, where the safe may not be big enough.

24 hr security that take ID cards and ring next morning to ensure everything OK.

Lift, depending on height of building.

Transfer service at reasonable rate either by the hotel or arranged with a reliable vendor.

If not close to the action, then on or near the Baht Bus route.

The preferential rate sounds good, but what happens when you're close to full occupancy and you recieve a booking from a newbie and a repeat guest. The temptation will be to exclude the repeat guest in favour of the Newbie and this will always come out. Also when a newbie turns up with a repeat guest, the newbie might feel slighted that he has to pay more than his mate.

Also when a newbie turns up with a repeat guest, the newbie might feel slighted that he has to pay more than his mate.

Don't agree.... Loyalty deals are for loyal customers. The newbie, if he is excited by the price knows what he needs to do to get the special price... Isn't that how it works in all loyalty deals?

Don't agree.... Loyalty deals are for loyal customers. The newbie, if he is excited by the price knows what he needs to do to get the special price... Isn't that how it works in all loyalty deals?

For newbies to thailand maybe, but for newbies to the hotel only, there will be many that will complain, have you seen the friction caused by dual pricing on the 10 BAHT Baht Busses, :banghead

Here is a very simple model.

Take the Resident Garden.

Put it near bars and stuff.

Use a better mattress.

Put a large jacuzzi in some of the rooms.

I understand that there is a limit to what you can offer for a lower price accommodation.

OK, no swimming pool but at least do a deal with someone in the locality for us to use it.

OK so no restaurant. How about a deal for somewhere local to supply in room meals or perhaps to the guest lounge ar sun terrace or wherever.

OK so no bar, the give people the option of a stocked or empty fridge.

One thing that I now refuse to do without is a in room safe but please spend a little more and get a bit of quality that can handle laptops etc.

All sounds good so far.

Two things: Smoking rooms is a must for me and many of my friends.

Also: Make sure someone competent is always on location to fix the Internet. Hate it having to wait two days for the Internet to reappear when all it takes is a reboot of the router.

Sunny

Why has no one mentioned tea & coffee making in room ? i'ts at small cost to the hotel and makes such a difference :D

I'm paying 1850 baht per night at the sabai resort,& I have to buy a kettle next door at big C :allright

People are security conscious in pattaya so a in room safe is a must. !

My must have's

in room safe

tea & coffee in room

swimming pool

girl friendly

Purchase DVD players that support Xvid/Divx and have a USB port. They are typically around the same price as other DVD players. Cannot overstate importance of this! Include it in advertising. Can't understand why more places don't have these.

Something like a 24 hour 7/11 & Family Mart purchasing service would be very cool, assuming there's one within walking distance. So I can phone down and get smokes & snacks & beer picked up & delivered to my door at 4AM. Don't know why more guesthouses don't offer this! Labour is cheap as chips and Door2Door/WOW charge too much.

If there's no hot water in the basin (there usually isn't) a shaving mirror in the shower would be appreciated.

Free Wifi is important - charging for Wifi by the hour has always seemed petty to me.

Blackout curtains that actually work, cutting all light from the room.

2 free bottles of water every day costs almost nothing and is a nice touch.

King Sized bed....

Extra pillows.

In-room safe....

No joiner fee, but some level of security.

No smoking rooms (you can never get that vile stink out).

Large in room fridge (not the shoe box size), give guests the option of filling it themselves or you stock it as a mini-bar.

Good booking staff, westerners are used to using the internet and emails to get things done, Thai staff are often lazy about replying and disorganised.

High level of English proficiency at the reception desk.

Television with cable/satellite, a remote control and a lounging sofa.

Room service for meals/ drinks.

Good hot water system that can be controlled... nice to get hot water at the sink for shaving, but sometimes this makes the shower uncontrollable.

Wireless Internet maybe.

A neighbourhood wild dog extermination policy...:D

Edited by jacko