Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Talented Seamstress

Hi All anyone know if Par is still around? I was thinking of getting some lightweight clothes made up while I am there.

Yes, she is still there. PM me if you have difficulty with directions given/finding the shop.

Cheers,

Any way, back on topic.

I normally pay 400 baht for a tailor made silk shirt, well silk mix I presume, If she can equal or better that, I will certainly buy a couple.

:closedeyes:

Thank you for calling the thread back to order! You beat me to it as I had I/N connection problems. Now, to answer your question, the price you quote is really at the low end and cannot be beaten. Thanks for enquiry anyway,

Cheers

The reason for this is most of the "tailor made" stuff is hardly made to measure. You never get a fitting do you? They take your measurements and your garment is ready about 24 hours later. As with everything in life, you get what you pay for.

Glyn.

• 9 months later...

I actually NEVER bought from a tailor shop without getting a fitting. I might be ignorant about the materials (and to some extent about how it SHOULD fit) but I know how I would like it to fit. About 50% of the time I am OK with the fit the other 50% I get it changed :)

• 7 years later...

She just opened her own shop on Wat Mongkol market (right opposite Wat Tai, last lane coming from Tukom to 2nd road on the left, 2nd shop on the right). All ten dresses from bottom left of picture to right were handmade by herself! So, if you need perhaps a Loy Kratong dress for your tilac or even a wedding dress 1luv, give this place a try. BTW - Par ( her name) can also fix you up with farang gear, ie suits, shirts, pants, jeans etc. as she has the right connections to fabric merchants and sweatshops. Will cost you a lot less then the Indian tailors dry.gif

attachicon.gifseamstress.jpg

Hi!

is she still there? i need to a alteration urgently.

anyone can give the shop name or address?? or contact number??

Tks a million

Yes, this lady is still there but very busy this time of year with Lou Kratong.

The lady I use for alterations is on the corner of South Pattaya Rd and Second Rd just in from of Henry Apartment by the traffic lights. She is the quickest and cheapest.

• Upvote 2

Yes, this lady is still there but very busy this time of year with Lou Kratong.

The lady I use for alterations is on the corner of South Pattaya Rd and Second Rd just in from of Henry Apartment by the traffic lights. She is the quickest and cheapest.

Does she have a shop or just a machine on the sidewalk?

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

• Upvote 1