Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Fantastic aircraft. Ecomony seats (on Eimrates anyway) are very spacious and comfortable. Legroom is supurb as there's nothing under the seats in front of you and it has the biggest seat back screen I believe you'll find anywhere. The only minus for me was the windows were like looking out of a tunnel as the thick walls to insulate the outside sound made it difficult to look out and down. A very small minus in my opinion.

GR.

Fantastic aircraft. Ecomony seats (on Eimrates anyway) are very spacious and comfortable. Legroom is supurb as there's nothing under the seats in front of you and it has the biggest seat back screen I believe you'll find anywhere. The only minus for me was the windows were like looking out of a tunnel as the thick walls to insulate the outside sound made it difficult to look out and down. A very small minus in my opinion.

GR.

Cheers m8 :rolleyes: looking forward to the flight :rotflmao

One question , what was the boarding procedure like ?

C

Cheers m8 :rolleyes: looking forward to the flight :rotflmao

One question , what was the boarding procedure like ?

C

Boarding was fine but I selected my seats with that in mind. They start boarding about 50 mins before departure, I was in the very back for the first leg flights (row 84) so first from Economy to board. For my second leg flights (to BKK and LHR) I was in the very front section (row 50) i.e. just in front of the exit doors so convenient for a quick getaway. This section boards the same time as the back section as they use two ecomony doors as entrances.

GR.

Edited by GlynRhedyn

GR.

Big improvement on the Emirates 777s in economy class. The 777s feel claustrophobic in comparison.

Big improvement on the Emirates 777s in economy class. The 777s feel claustrophobic in comparison.

Friends of ours flew the emirates 777- /// -er and got the 2 seat config at the rear of plane , said it was an improvement on the 3 seat jobby !

apperntley there is just 3 rows with doubles and have a lot more space ! might be worth a look on seat guru etc........

C

I should have added that when you board 50 minutes before departure the ICE (in-flight entertainment) system is live so you can start viewing films or whatever on the large seat-back screens immediately.

GR.

Friends of ours flew the emirates 777- /// -er and got the 2 seat config at the rear of plane , said it was an improvement on the 3 seat jobby !

apperntley there is just 3 rows with doubles and have a lot more space ! might be worth a look on seat guru etc........

C

In a 777 always try to get those seats at the rear, ut it still feels claustrophobic.

I should have added that when you board 50 minutes before departure the ICE (in-flight entertainment) system is live so you can start viewing films or whatever on the large seat-back screens immediately.

GR.

If it is also undisturbed by cabin announcements I think that would be great!

C

That's how I did the Gatwick-Dubai leg last Friday. The 2 seats are in a space big enough for for 2.5 seats, so there's more room beside you. You can't lean on the wall though, there's a gap. WARNING. These Emirates 777's have 16" wide seats. It was a relief to get on the 380 for the second leg, much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Been on the Qantas and Singapore Airlines A380 planes and they really are a treat, more room in economy than any other aircraft i've been on and very quiet. The only thing that remains the same as any other aircraft is the effect of turbulance......no escaping the bumps. worth the trip though.

Travelled on Emirates A380 in September from Dubai to Bangkok, great plane feels very spacious and quiet, no sensation of speed when taking off.

If your are travelling on Emirates (economy) try and get seats 68A,68K,81A or 81K unlimited legroom with no seat in front of you, unless of course I'm on the same flight. Far better than their 777's.

Back on it again on 28th November.

Best Regards

Fireman Sam

Edited by Fireman Sam

Vidman i think you were probably like me upgraded to business class, seperate seating section with lie flat bed and superb seperate bar, yes i thought it was first class to. I for the first time would consider paying to upgrade skywards 32000 miles fantastic aircraft