Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

best guesthouse you stayed in

What is the best guesthouse you have stayed in?

And why??

Hotels could be included too but since you can pay a lot for a great hotel and most guesthouses are in the same price range, giving your opinion about the accomodation priced below 1000 baht/night is a good way of comparing guesthouse/hotels. :D

Has to be the Konig Mansion, its a hotel but excellent value for money at below the B1000 for a couple of their room types. Owned by a great German guy and the rooms all have individual safes, free wi-fi and satellite TV with DVD player.

Taken many trips to Pattaya. Each place has its own niche... For example, Pig and Whistle is great if you want to be around the Soi 7/8 action and want a great meal most of the day. BJ on Soi 3 is a great place if you want to be withing walking distance of BigC and Soi 6. BUT, if you are planning on staying in the LK Metro area, The Irish Rovers is my personal favorite. Good food, nice bar, and great day trips (golf, Ban Chang, ect..)

The Irish Rover`s on Lk, great staff, great hosts, good trips to ban chang and the dark side, good rooms and i like the location

Spot on top place,

A real shame Pat not still there ,He is a TRUE Gentleman

Metro Apartments – soi LK Metro – Top location, well appointed clean rooms, free WiFi, great aircon bar with 3 pool tables and all the sports channels, plus excellent staff both daytime and night time.

Another top place with another Irish owner (Dennis)who is Sound as a POUND and loves a yarn...

Biggest drawback to this place is that its a victum of its own succsess (Have to book way ahead as so popular)

Another top place is Billabong in LK stayed last trip for 30 days,Couldnt fault the place and got low season price 15000BHT for 30 days Deluxe room .And yes another great owner Graeme from Aus.Nothing to much of a problem,even got me a jug and utensils for my Breakfast.Talk about customer service!!!

But top of my list for sheer size and appointments and value for money has to be ROCKHOUSE

And YES another top owner this time from Glasgow,Alex another top owner!!

Only drawback limited rooms :D

As you can tell I enjoy meeting the people who run the places as this is biggest difference from staying in a Hotel.

So much more FUN IMHO

Hope this is of a help to some

I'm sort of partial to samsara aka Dennis the menace bar. decent rooms, all rooms have in room safes, and its a very short walk if i want to get drunk. Looking to stay at a different place this time around. haven't quite decided where yet. thinking the chokdee inn. or someplace in between walking street and soi 7. narrows the area down a bit doesn't it? :D

Metro Apartments – soi LK Metro – Top location, well appointed clean rooms, free WiFi, great aircon bar with 3 pool tables and all the sports channels, plus excellent staff both daytime and night time.

Got to agree with that but also with Bruiser, bloody hard to get a room at short to medium notice. I know my dates for LOS next year but not fully finalised my trip so I’ll know my exact Pattaya dates so can’t book yet. :banghead

Last trip couldn’t book there so booked elsewhere and it turned out Denis had a no show. Wished I’d done a no show on the other place and stayed with Denis but I’m not that sort of bloke. But did check out the Billabong and Armageddon both look OK and Greg still does a good breakfast of the same quality as the old Storm bar.

If I'm still not sure of my exact dates in Pattaya closer to the time I may just take a chance on a walk in but in soi LK (or very near) as I like parking myself on the sofa and watchin the soi go by, J from the metro serving me drinks and the girls from Devils Den wandering to the food carts. :rolleyes: 1luv

also a great choice!

Got to agree with that but also with Bruiser, bloody hard to get a room at short to medium notice. I know my dates for LOS next year but not fully finalised my trip so I’ll know my exact Pattaya dates so can’t book yet. :banghead

Last trip couldn’t book there so booked elsewhere and it turned out Denis had a no show. Wished I’d done a no show on the other place and stayed with Denis but I’m not that sort of bloke. But did check out the Billabong and Armageddon both look OK and Greg still does a good breakfast of the same quality as the old Storm bar.

If I'm still not sure of my exact dates in Pattaya closer to the time I may just take a chance on a walk in but in soi LK (or very near) as I like parking myself on the sofa and watchin the soi go by, J from the metro serving me drinks and the girls from Devils Den wandering to the food carts. :beer 1luv

Yeah it sure is a great area to hang out at :beer

Those lounges out the front of Denises place sure is a good vantage piont.

I can also Highly recommend the Food at the golf club,great friendly staff as well

have a great trip,maybe our paths will cross,next trip Feb/March

Bruiser

Has to be the Konig Mansion, its a hotel but excellent value for money at below the B1000 for a couple of their room types. Owned by a great German guy and the rooms all have individual safes, free wi-fi and satellite TV with DVD player.

Where is this place please.

I'm kind of partial to The Vault. Yes, it's listed as a hotel but there aren't many rooms and like Bruiser mentioned about Irish Rover's, The Vault has to be booked well in advance. It's off the beaten path but within stumbling distance of Walking Street and if one is inclined, baht buses running to Jomtien regularly travel just in front of The Vault. Mike, the owner, is low key and has been around LOS for a long time and knows everyone so that if you find yourself in a pickle, his ability to network with many people will obviously help out. Check out the site: http://www.thevaultpattaya.com

KOV

Tropical Berts soi 6/1

Good rooms,great host,good food and

best of all

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

:D :D

Also right on the baht bus route or a short walk to

beach road.

Plus I like to stay on the west side of 2nd road not

having to cross it when I am pissed.

Edited by ranger
I'm kind of partial to The Vault. Yes, it's listed as a hotel but there aren't many rooms and like Bruiser mentioned about Irish Rover's, The Vault has to be booked well in advance. It's off the beaten path but within stumbling distance of Walking Street and if one is inclined, baht buses running to Jomtien regularly travel just in front of The Vault. Mike, the owner, is low key and has been around LOS for a long time and knows everyone so that if you find yourself in a pickle, his ability to network with many people will obviously help out. Check out the site: http://www.thevaultpattaya.com

KOV

The Vault is a nice place. Popular though, so it's pricier than it used to be. Can't blame him for raising rates if he is full up most of the time.

I'm not totally clear on what the difference is between a guesthouse and a bar with rooms for rent. Some have restaurants while others don't? :grin

I would think any place without a pool/restaurant/bar/elevator combination cannot be a hotel.

No matter, over the years I have stayed in the Soi LK Metro area at Metro Apartments, 3Som bar, Jasmine Mansion, Memory Go-go(now Ice I think), and Jasmine down on Soi BJ/Walking Street.

For me Metro Apartments is my choice but as has been stated you need to book in advance. Good rooms, good price, nice girls, nice bar, nice location. The owner ain't bad neither. :chogdee

I'm not totally clear on what the difference is between a guesthouse and a bar with rooms for rent. Some have restaurants while others don't? :unsure:

I would think any place without a pool/restaurant/bar/elevator combination cannot be a hotel.

No matter, over the years I have stayed in the Soi LK Metro area at Metro Apartments, 3Som bar, Jasmine Mansion, Memory Go-go(now Ice I think), and Jasmine down on Soi BJ/Walking Street.

For me Metro Apartments is my choice but as has been stated you need to book in advance. Good rooms, good price, nice girls, nice bar, nice location. The owner ain't bad neither. :beer

Just booked for next June :D :rolleyes: :gulp