Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Mr Dream Transport

I would have called Mr Dream and let him know his driver is driving in a manner I would consider unsafe and would he talk to the guy and tell him to slow down. BTW did you tip the driver when you arrived in Pattaya?

That's your constructive response? What the customer should have done instead of the business owner?

What else is he supposed to do? Call mr dream and tell him to tell the driver to put the correct name on his sign and to not take long coffee breaks in a 90 minutes trip?

Obviously, the guy is only loosely affiliated with mr dream and doesn't give a rats ass. Did you read the part about him giving his direct business card to the OP? Obviously he is not concerned about Mr dreams business and calling mr dream would have been at best useless and at worst pissed the driver off.

Just more bad advice.

Next we will have some merkin saying the OP should have sought out mr dream at the rockhouse instead of posting his negative experience here. :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to my personal safety, tell him again.

Sorry I've been away from the boards for a little while, we have been extremely busy, and we've also done a bit of restructuring as well. To fill everyone in, and to keep the nay-sayers at bay, although some of the people here seem to have valid concerns or issues that arose during their pickups, I'm just talking about the regular 3 or 4 people that knock everyone over here.

We have restructured the way that we are doing things completely now from the ground up. Out of the 9 drivers we had running full time along with backup drivers, we are back down to 5 of the original 9 drivers. We have had many drivers come in and do a pickup for us, and from customer feedback, or from dealing with the drivers on a normal basis, just felt they were not right to keep around. So as to using independent drivers, from the very beginning, we have said that we started out with a few independent drivers before purchasing a few of our own vehicles, when we are extremely busy, we use backup drivers. These backup drivers are the same drivers that work for the other taxi companies that are talked about regularly, one of my fulltime 5, even came over to us from another one of these companies, as we pay more to the drivers and take less commission. As to us solely being a booking agent, I do own some of our vehicles personally, so please accurately attack us about something if that is going to be your intention. If we are making so much money as a booking agent, then how are we able to keep our prices down so low, instead of charging what most other companies charge? If at very minimum, we are able to get you the same vehicle and driver you would get from another company, 100baht cheaper, and being able to book with someone who speaks English, and even does some kind of compensation if a problem arises and is brought to their attention, doesn't that make it worthwhile? We do go above and beyond that. Everyone wants the cheapest ride possible, but at the same time they want to be given VIP treatment for bottom dollar pricing. Same as some customers prefer our drivers go faster, and others prefer them to go slower. We have to try and cater to both kinds of customers all at the same prices, thats why we also have a new pickup option on offer gaining popularity, our standard VIP pickups.

When I first started this venture, I thought that it would be possible to monitor each and every pickup, and that nothing would ever go wrong, as with any other business anywhere in the world, problems do arise from time to time, and we do the best we can to deal with them. Almost all of the people that talk about a bad experience with us, that have had contact with me directly via phone or email, also neglect to mention the refunds, free return trips or future trips, free upgrades on pickups, or discounts that we give to compensate them accordingly for the problems.

There is no other company out there, that has any guarantees about anything, let alone my guarantee that I do honor whenever its brought to my attention directly regarding late pickups and the free trips that are given after, or reimbursements directly to the customers in cash, even those that prepay. So as far as I can tell, I am the only company operating here, that has any kind of standards whatsoever as to customer satisfaction. Most companies rely on sheer tourist numbers, and I don't want to operate that way, I would much rather have repeat customers, and referral customers over any kind of review online. When I get almost as many emails from customers telling me that they appreciate the lengths we went to, to ensure their pickups went well, and how happy they were with our services, we are definitely on the right track.

As to specific drivers and the brand new cars coming out with one of the original 5 drivers we started with, I always put down a customers preference on a specific vehicle, not charging for this if it works out that way. So for the customers that are extremely budget minded, we really do try to go out of our way, to treat every customer the same, regardless of VIP or basic pickups. IF someone wanted a guarantee of a specific vehicle with a specific driver, then the standard VIP pickups we offer, still cheaper than most companies basic pickups mind you, are the solution to that. These are our most popular pickups by far, and as we are limited on the number of customers we are able to handle this way, our backup drivers come into play on basic pickups from time to time, same as when we are extremely busy, just like any other company.

When/if a situation arises where a driver looks like they are running late, then I try to pull another driver into the mix, to ensure the customer still is greeted on time, hence independent and backup drivers. I hate having to get a driver referred to me by another one of my drivers, but at the risk of a customer being late, or the cost a customer is looking to stay within, I do my absolute best to see that every thing we try to promise is delivered.

Please don't take my lack of reply on the board as a sign of not caring, or not wanting to confront a situation a customer has had for the worse. All of you who have watched my posting on her, know that I will not shy away from a customer talking about a bad experience, and always will offer explanation if possible, or at very least recompense the customer. We do not plan on going anywhere, and thanks to so many of you for your patronage, we will be around for quite some time to come. I can promise you I will keep on doing my best to try and find ways to improve upon the problems that arise with ANY taxi company here. In the past month, we have been improving our services, and offering cheaper alternatives for VIP or high priced pickups, and still offer the same standard of service every time. I have tried to keep both budget and high standard of service all for the same price of the 1900baht round trips, or 1100baht pickups. We have offered the same standard as any company for this price, and a slightly more expensive alternative totally geared towards customers who want to have every aspect of their pickup handled, arranged, and monitored from the time they book their reservation, until they are dropped off at their location.

So for the customers that want the guaranteed vehicle, the guaranteed driver, and the over the top treatment, while still staying under 3k baht for a round-trip, we are able to provide this along with your choice of beverages, snacks, pillow in car, and uniformed driver. We even have pickups where you can have a mobile phone ready to go for either purchase or rental, saving you the time of having to run around yourself, all at prices that would rival Tukcom.

If any customer ever has a problem with any driver or pickup, I ask them to contact me directly, not while the driver is driving if they need to use their phone, but while stopped or at the end of the pickup, so I can take appropriate actions immediately. After all, if I am going to give a customer a free pickup because their driver was late, or was unsafe and needed to get another driver for them, I cannot do these things if I do not know about them. The main attack point people use against me, isn't done by the people having the pickups done, its by the people who have never used us usually, and to say that any company should know about every problem before they become a problem, just think about how that sounds. If I could find a way to alleviate every problem before they ever arose, I would be the only person in the world that was able to do this. As stated, with any other service, I have given free pickups to customers on the occasions where their drivers were late when I had knowledge of this on multiple occasions. Please let me know if there is any other driver, or any other company out there that has given any money back despite the kind of problems they may have had with them. So we are if anything trying to improve on things constantly, again something no other service does. I am not going to deny that customers have had problems in the past, or that we have had customers that were late, but also as we are the only one of these companies advertising, and posting on all subject matter on the board, we are talked about whenever there is a problem, much much more. I accept this, as I have to be able to take the good with the bad, as thats not just business, thats life.

We appreciate all of your patronage, and will continue as long as people want to try and mix savings with service, we will be here. To any of the customers that have had problems with us, I am sorry that was the case, but these are problems that people have acknowledged with every service on here, from meter taxis, to high priced companies, to the budgeted priced companies like ours. We just happen to be the only one where people can have a direct posting interaction with on the forums. Thanks again for your patronage and your time. I'm sorry if my replies are a bit long, but as I do not get on the boards as often as I would like to anymore, I like to try and cover as much as possible.

Edited by Mr.Dream Transport

My recent experience with this company 1 month ago was extremely poor. It was especially disappointing because I'd read about issues with the company on another board, but suspected many of the negative comments were based on ulterior motives, and wanted to be my own man.

That was a mistake.

Paid in advance as requested. Arrived at airport but no driver to be seen. Looked around some more, still no driver. Phoned Mr Dream. Will look into and call me back. Waited but no call, so phoned again. Still looking into and driver will be there 'momentarily'. OK. Called again 10 minutes later, should be there soon. Wait some more. 1 more call and driver meets me whilst I am on the phone. This took 40 minutes total, including the first 10 minutes spent wading through signs. Because I had not yet purchased a sim card (the driver was meant to have some!) all these calls were made via global roaming on my aussie sim costing a flapping fortune. But the driver was good, and the car was fine. Except it didn't have any of the beer I had paid for in advance :D And no sim cards or phones. Oh well, TIT. At least after all this I was confident they'd make my return journey a smooth one! Maybe even an upgrade to VIP?

Unfortunately this was not the case. I made sure the company was aware of my return pickup from the Sabai Empress at 2:30pm 16 November. But the driver didn't show. I phoned Mr Dream at 2:40 to advise the driver was late. I'm told he should be there 'momentarily'. Not so, and after several phone calls and considerable panic, the driver eventually arrived just after 3pm - over 30 minutes late. In a real shitbox too, god only knows what year it was. It didn't get over 90km/h and when he stopped for fuel, despite my protestations, he completely filled the tank, taking what seemed like an eternity.

I didn't miss my flight, but it was a near thing, and not a great way to start a long journey covered in sweat.

I wasn't one of those fortunate enough to be offered any form of compensation, but to be honest this does not concern me as I don't plan to use the service in the future. I bear them no animosity. I simply post my story for the same reason we all post, to assist each other with shared information and experience. Chok-Dee!

Was a no show at the airport for me in october, no one answered the phone when i called. Will stick with the metered taxis in future.

step

My recent experience with this company 1 month ago was extremely poor. It was especially disappointing because I'd read about issues with the company on another board, but suspected many of the negative comments were based on ulterior motives, and wanted to be my own man.

That was a mistake.

Paid in advance as requested. Arrived at airport but no driver to be seen. Looked around some more, still no driver. Phoned Mr Dream. Will look into and call me back. Waited but no call, so phoned again. Still looking into and driver will be there 'momentarily'. OK. Called again 10 minutes later, should be there soon. Wait some more. 1 more call and driver meets me whilst I am on the phone. This took 40 minutes total, including the first 10 minutes spent wading through signs. Because I had not yet purchased a sim card (the driver was meant to have some!) all these calls were made via global roaming on my aussie sim costing a flapping fortune. But the driver was good, and the car was fine. Except it didn't have any of the beer I had paid for in advance

Unfortunately this was not the case. I made sure the company was aware of my return pickup from the Sabai Empress at 2:30pm 16 November. But the driver didn't show. I phoned Mr Dream at 2:40 to advise the driver was late. I'm told he should be there 'momentarily'. Not so, and after several phone calls and considerable panic, the driver eventually arrived just after 3pm - over 30 minutes late. In a real shitbox too, god only knows what year it was. It didn't get over 90km/h and when he stopped for fuel, despite my protestations, he completely filled the tank, taking what seemed like an eternity.

I didn't miss my flight, but it was a near thing, and not a great way to start a long journey covered in sweat.

I wasn't one of those fortunate enough to be offered any form of compensation, but to be honest this does not concern me as I don't plan to use the service in the future. I bear them no animosity. I simply post my story for the same reason we all post, to assist each other with shared information and experience. Chok-Dee!

This has convinced me not to use mr dreamtransport, too many board members are posting about bad experiences using this service. We should not be reading bad reviews about Mr Dreamtransport's service after all the guarantees and assurances that were given after Cheshire Tom's review. Why would anyone in their right mind pay in advance for a taxi from the airport to Pattaya and why would you pay 1200 for a taxi service with a terrible reputation when you can get a reliable taxi service for 1000 baht including all tolls? Based on all the negative customer feedback posted on all the main discussion boards I would say it is time Mr Dreamtransport rebranded/repriced/relaunched his taxi business. Mr Dreamtransport's website seems disingenuous to say the least as the service advertised does not tally with customer feedback.

This has convinced me not to use mr dreamtransport, too many board members are posting about bad experiences using this service. We should not be reading bad reviews about Mr Dreamtransport's service after all the guarantees and assurances that were given after Cheshire Tom's review. Why would anyone in their right mind pay in advance for a taxi from the airport to Pattaya and why would you pay 1200 for a taxi service with a terrible reputation when you can get a reliable taxi service for 1000 baht including all tolls? Based on all the negative customer feedback posted on all the main discussion boards I would say it is time Mr Dreamtransport rebranded/repriced/relaunched his taxi business. Mr Dreamtransport's website seems disingenuous to say the least as the service advertised does not tally with customer feedback.

Be careful, or you be branded as one of the "nay-sayers that knock everyone over here". :D

My friends from England used the service two days ago, no problems at all.... the female driver offered a quick one in the hotel for 1k, which annoyed me as I insisted to them, i would take them to soi 6 for first short time. (first time in Thailand)

No problems for them.

then my newbie friend pulled out a sim card which the driver had supplied him for 300 baht! I looked at it and it was worth 20 baht with zero credit.. the whole point of getting a sim card from a driver is to make things easy, he still had to go 7eleven to get credit... he still has to ask a thai to sort it all out. I think its fine to add money on... but having no credit is a total scam.

Edited by farangkwaiyai
Sorry I've been away from the boards for a little while, we have been extremely busy, and we've also done a bit of restructuring as well. To fill everyone in, and to keep the nay-sayers at bay, although some of the people here seem to have valid concerns or issues that arose during their pickups, I'm just talking about the regular 3 or 4 people that knock everyone over here.

We have restructured the way that we are doing things completely now from the ground up. Out of the 9 drivers we had running full time along with backup drivers, we are back down to 5 of the original 9 drivers. We have had many drivers come in and do a pickup for us, and from customer feedback, or from dealing with the drivers on a normal basis, just felt they were not right to keep around. So as to using independent drivers, from the very beginning, we have said that we started out with a few independent drivers before purchasing a few of our own vehicles, when we are extremely busy, we use backup drivers. These backup drivers are the same drivers that work for the other taxi companies that are talked about regularly, one of my fulltime 5, even came over to us from another one of these companies, as we pay more to the drivers and take less commission. As to us solely being a booking agent, I do own some of our vehicles personally, so please accurately attack us about something if that is going to be your intention. If we are making so much money as a booking agent, then how are we able to keep our prices down so low, instead of charging what most other companies charge? If at very minimum, we are able to get you the same vehicle and driver you would get from another company, 100baht cheaper, and being able to book with someone who speaks English, and even does some kind of compensation if a problem arises and is brought to their attention, doesn't that make it worthwhile? We do go above and beyond that. Everyone wants the cheapest ride possible, but at the same time they want to be given VIP treatment for bottom dollar pricing. Same as some customers prefer our drivers go faster, and others prefer them to go slower. We have to try and cater to both kinds of customers all at the same prices, thats why we also have a new pickup option on offer gaining popularity, our standard VIP pickups.

When I first started this venture, I thought that it would be possible to monitor each and every pickup, and that nothing would ever go wrong, as with any other business anywhere in the world, problems do arise from time to time, and we do the best we can to deal with them. Almost all of the people that talk about a bad experience with us, that have had contact with me directly via phone or email, also neglect to mention the refunds, free return trips or future trips, free upgrades on pickups, or discounts that we give to compensate them accordingly for the problems.

There is no other company out there, that has any guarantees about anything, let alone my guarantee that I do honor whenever its brought to my attention directly regarding late pickups and the free trips that are given after, or reimbursements directly to the customers in cash, even those that prepay. So as far as I can tell, I am the only company operating here, that has any kind of standards whatsoever as to customer satisfaction. Most companies rely on sheer tourist numbers, and I don't want to operate that way, I would much rather have repeat customers, and referral customers over any kind of review online. When I get almost as many emails from customers telling me that they appreciate the lengths we went to, to ensure their pickups went well, and how happy they were with our services, we are definitely on the right track.

As to specific drivers and the brand new cars coming out with one of the original 5 drivers we started with, I always put down a customers preference on a specific vehicle, not charging for this if it works out that way. So for the customers that are extremely budget minded, we really do try to go out of our way, to treat every customer the same, regardless of VIP or basic pickups. IF someone wanted a guarantee of a specific vehicle with a specific driver, then the standard VIP pickups we offer, still cheaper than most companies basic pickups mind you, are the solution to that. These are our most popular pickups by far, and as we are limited on the number of customers we are able to handle this way, our backup drivers come into play on basic pickups from time to time, same as when we are extremely busy, just like any other company.

When/if a situation arises where a driver looks like they are running late, then I try to pull another driver into the mix, to ensure the customer still is greeted on time, hence independent and backup drivers. I hate having to get a driver referred to me by another one of my drivers, but at the risk of a customer being late, or the cost a customer is looking to stay within, I do my absolute best to see that every thing we try to promise is delivered.

Please don't take my lack of reply on the board as a sign of not caring, or not wanting to confront a situation a customer has had for the worse. All of you who have watched my posting on her, know that I will not shy away from a customer talking about a bad experience, and always will offer explanation if possible, or at very least recompense the customer. We do not plan on going anywhere, and thanks to so many of you for your patronage, we will be around for quite some time to come. I can promise you I will keep on doing my best to try and find ways to improve upon the problems that arise with ANY taxi company here. In the past month, we have been improving our services, and offering cheaper alternatives for VIP or high priced pickups, and still offer the same standard of service every time. I have tried to keep both budget and high standard of service all for the same price of the 1900baht round trips, or 1100baht pickups. We have offered the same standard as any company for this price, and a slightly more expensive alternative totally geared towards customers who want to have every aspect of their pickup handled, arranged, and monitored from the time they book their reservation, until they are dropped off at their location.

So for the customers that want the guaranteed vehicle, the guaranteed driver, and the over the top treatment, while still staying under 3k baht for a round-trip, we are able to provide this along with your choice of beverages, snacks, pillow in car, and uniformed driver. We even have pickups where you can have a mobile phone ready to go for either purchase or rental, saving you the time of having to run around yourself, all at prices that would rival Tukcom.

If any customer ever has a problem with any driver or pickup, I ask them to contact me directly, not while the driver is driving if they need to use their phone, but while stopped or at the end of the pickup, so I can take appropriate actions immediately. After all, if I am going to give a customer a free pickup because their driver was late, or was unsafe and needed to get another driver for them, I cannot do these things if I do not know about them. The main attack point people use against me, isn't done by the people having the pickups done, its by the people who have never used us usually, and to say that any company should know about every problem before they become a problem, just think about how that sounds. If I could find a way to alleviate every problem before they ever arose, I would be the only person in the world that was able to do this. As stated, with any other service, I have given free pickups to customers on the occasions where their drivers were late when I had knowledge of this on multiple occasions. Please let me know if there is any other driver, or any other company out there that has given any money back despite the kind of problems they may have had with them. So we are if anything trying to improve on things constantly, again something no other service does. I am not going to deny that customers have had problems in the past, or that we have had customers that were late, but also as we are the only one of these companies advertising, and posting on all subject matter on the board, we are talked about whenever there is a problem, much much more. I accept this, as I have to be able to take the good with the bad, as thats not just business, thats life.

We appreciate all of your patronage, and will continue as long as people want to try and mix savings with service, we will be here. To any of the customers that have had problems with us, I am sorry that was the case, but these are problems that people have acknowledged with every service on here, from meter taxis, to high priced companies, to the budgeted priced companies like ours. We just happen to be the only one where people can have a direct posting interaction with on the forums. Thanks again for your patronage and your time. I'm sorry if my replies are a bit long, but as I do not get on the boards as often as I would like to anymore, I like to try and cover as much as possible.

After all the crap youve spoken in the past...is there any reason for BMs to believe you......like, you have given up lying :allright

That's your constructive response? What the customer should have done instead of the business owner?

What else is he supposed to do? Call mr dream and tell him to tell the driver to put the correct name on his sign and to not take long coffee breaks in a 90 minutes trip?

Obviously, the guy is only loosely affiliated with mr dream and doesn't give a rats ass. Did you read the part about him giving his direct business card to the OP? Obviously he is not concerned about Mr dreams business and calling mr dream would have been at best useless and at worst pissed the driver off.

Just more bad advice.

Next we will have some merkin saying the OP should have sought out mr dream at the rockhouse instead of posting his negative experience here. :leaving

Since the business owner isn't in the car with me and I take responsibility for my personal safety, I'll call Mr Dream. As far as the driver is supposedly loosely associated with Mr Dream, he better listen to the owner or that's the last business he will ever see from Mr Dream.

Since you think I offered bad advice. What would your advice be in this situation?

It's my responsibility to ensure my personal safety.

+1

After traveling a lot more for business in recent years, these days I've learned to be a lot less shy about tearing drivers a new asshole when they are being idiots and risking my life. :3some

A couple years ago I was taking a taxi to Chicago's airport and I had a "Crazy Ivan" driver from Russia who started the drive by blatently running a red light (not "just changed from yellow", he actually had to avoid oncoming cars that were already pulling into the intersection). :D :banghead

Where it got interesting was when I told the drive in a calm, reasonable voice that I had a lot of time before my flight so there was no need to rush and certainly not to run any more lights.

His response? The dumbass starts trying to argue with me that "the light wasn't red", etc. :banghead

Even a few years ago I probably would have been embarrassed by having a driver acting all mad & offended, but these days I didnt' even pretend to put up with that kind of shit. In the USA most cities require the taxis to have the company contact info displayed in the back, so instead of arguing with the guy I pulled out my phone and showed him that I was dialing his boss.

I told him that after I got him fired I was calling the police to have him arrested, and he'd probably get then get deported for then having a criminal record. :D

He launched into a fresh stream of argumentative abuse for a few seconds more while glaring at me in the rear view mirror, but I held up my phone with my thumb on the send button and told him to "shut the fuck up and drive, and drive safe".

It worked.

He continued muttering the rest of the ride and you didn't have speak russian to figure out what he was saying. But the moron got us to the airport without any more life-threatening incidents.

The icing on the cake to this story: I was sharing the cab with quiet, reserved Indian guy who was a senior manager at an important partner, and I had only met the guy the previous day. During this entire exchange he seemed to shrink further & futher in the corner of his seat and he studiously avoided any eye contact or conversation with me the rest of the ride. :o

But I'm happy to report that I truly didn't give a fuck the guy was with me and didn't even hesitate before slamming the driver to slow the fuck down. Though now that I think of it, maybe this Indian guy reported back to his colleagues what an asshole I was because nobody from his company has tried screwing with me on business deals the last couple years. B)

It's actually a bit counterintuitive because, since starting my trips to LOS a few years ago, I think I've learned to be a lot less confrontational in general. But in some respects my LOS experience may also have helped me figure out when confrontation is not only appropriate but a necessary survival skill. :P

Edited by SmellyFarang
+1

After traveling a lot more for business in recent years, these days I've learned to be a lot less shy about tearing drivers a new asshole when they are being idiots and risking my life. :banghead

A couple years ago I was taking a taxi to Chicago's airport and I had a "Crazy Ivan" driver from Russia who started the drive by blatently running a red light (not "just changed from yellow", he actually had to avoid oncoming cars that were already pulling into the intersection). :rolleyes: :thumbup

Where it got interesting was when I told the drive in a calm, reasonable voice that I had a lot of time before my flight so there was no need to rush and certainly not to run any more lights.

His response? The dumbass starts trying to argue with me that "the light wasn't red", etc. :banghead

Even a few years ago I probably would have been embarrassed by having a driver acting all mad & offended, but these days I didnt' even pretend to put up with that kind of shit. In the USA most cities require the taxis to have the company contact info displayed in the back, so instead of arguing with the guy I pulled out my phone and showed him that I was dialing his boss.

I told him that after I got him fired I was calling the police to have him arrested, and he'd probably get then get deported for then having a criminal record. :D

He launched into a fresh stream of argumentative abuse for a few seconds more while glaring at me in the rear view mirror, but I held up my phone with my thumb on the send button and told him to "shut the fuck up and drive, and drive safe".

It worked.

He continued muttering the rest of the ride and you didn't have speak russian to figure out what he was saying. But the moron got us to the airport without any more life-threatening incidents.

The icing on the cake to this story: I was sharing the cab with quiet, reserved Indian guy who was a senior manager at an important partner, and I had only met the guy the previous day. During this entire exchange he seemed to shrink further & futher in the corner of his seat and he studiously avoided any eye contact or conversation with me the rest of the ride. :thumbup

But I'm happy to report that I truly didn't give a fuck the guy was with me and didn't even hesitate before slamming the driver to slow the fuck down. Though now that I think of it, maybe this Indian guy reported back to his colleagues what an asshole I was because nobody from his company has tried screwing with me on business deals the last couple years. B)

It's actually a bit counterintuitive because, since starting my trips to LOS a few years ago, I think I've learned to be a lot less confrontational in general. But in some respects my LOS experience may also have helped me figure out when confrontation is not only appropriate but a necessary survival skill. :P

Mr Dreams driver wasnt licenced , and you wouldnt have gotten him deported. He could have driven you to his friends and stamped on your head, and nothing would happen to him. TIT. Best to go with a decent company, and Mr Dreams doesnt seem to sound like a decent company.

Since the business owner isn't in the car with me and I take responsibility for my personal safety, I'll call Mr Dream. As far as the driver is supposedly loosely associated with Mr Dream, he better listen to the owner or that's the last business he will ever see from Mr Dream.

Since you think I offered bad advice. What would your advice be in this situation?

My advice to a constructive review wouldn't have been to reprimand the OP on what HE should have done.

I probably would have tried to get the driver to slow down, but that's not the point.

If Mr. Dream has this hand-picked cadre of drivers as previously advertised, they should know the default os to drive safely. His statement that customers vary on what they want is pretty weak; the default shouldn't be white-knuckle driving, nor should the OP go chasing Mr Dream.

As demonstrated by the blatant giving a business card of a separate company at the end of the trip, the driver obviously gave fuck all about mr dreams return business.

My advice to the OP would be "thanks for the info, will try another venue".

So for the customers that are extremely budget minded, we really do try to go out of our way, to treat every customer the same, regardless of VIP or basic pickups. IF someone wanted a guarantee of a specific vehicle with a specific driver, then the standard VIP pickups we offer, still cheaper than most companies basic pickups mind you, are the solution to that. These are our most popular pickups by far, and as we are limited on the number of customers we are able to handle this way, our backup drivers come into play on basic pickups from time to time, same as when we are extremely busy, just like any other company.

When/if a situation arises where a driver looks like they are running late, then I try to pull another driver into the mix, to ensure the customer still is greeted on time, hence independent and backup drivers.

It's actually quite difficult keeping up with what you claim differentiates your company from any other. I won't include the exact quotes, but can do if you want ......

1. Orginally, you claimed that your vehicles ran on green plates and that those were the only vehicles that were authorised and insured to pick up folk at the airport. Can you confirm whether any of your privately owned vehicles run on green plates, or whether they are all on bog-standard black and white private car plates?

2. You said that you would be the only company that would provide full details of its taxi licensing on your website. Almost 6 months later that information still appears to be missing.

3. You previously said that all of your drivers undergo driving training, personal assessment and random drug testing. Can you confirm whether or not any of those are applicable to the back-up drivers that you use?

4. You stated that you do not use LPG powered vehicles due to safety concerns. Can you confirm whether this only applies to your own vehicles or to those of your back-up drivers?

5. Can you confirm the address of your office(s). Some people may not be comfortable if their only available contact is by mobile phone or e-mail.

I'm in BKK at the moment staying just of Ratchadapisek and will book your service back to the airport on Monday.

I'll give you some advice about your post(s)...... :fight

A--- Unless you're driving, you have little control over your personal safety, regardless of how much you think you do.

B--- Unless you actually are Mr Dream Transport, you have no real knowledge of how he will/would deal with a driver, regardless of whether you think: "that's the last business he will ever see from Mr Dream".

C--- Your advice was to hand a reckless driver a phone so he can possibly be chastised, and regardless of what you think, that is not generally a safe thing to do.

Hub stated it well: "I probably would have tried to get the driver to slow down".

If you cannot fathom dealing directly with the person who is at that moment endangering your life, by all means, use a proxy..... :D

I'll give you some advice about your post(s)...... :fight

A--- Unless you're driving, you have little control over your personal safety, regardless of how much you think you do.

B--- Unless you actually are Mr Dream Transport, you have no real knowledge of how he will/would deal with a driver, regardless of whether you think: "that's the last business he will ever see from Mr Dream".

C--- Your advice was to hand a reckless driver a phone so he can possibly be chastised, and regardless of what you think, that is not generally a safe thing to do.

Hub stated it well: "I probably would have tried to get the driver to slow down".

If you cannot fathom dealing directly with the person who is at that moment endangering your life, by all means, use a proxy..... :D

I could have been a bit more clear on what I would do. Yes, I'd talk to the driver first and ask him to slow down. If that didn't work I'd call Mr Dream.

I could have been a bit more clear on what I would do. Yes, I'd talk to the driver first and ask him to slow down. If that didn't work I'd call Mr Dream.

I doubt youd say a word , unless you had a life size keyboard to hide behind 1luv We all know your the forum coward 1luv

It's actually quite difficult keeping up with what you claim differentiates your company from any other. I won't include the exact quotes, but can do if you want ......

I'm in BKK at the moment staying just of Ratchadapisek and will book your service back to the airport on Monday.

Well, forewarned is forearmed - or maybe not. :D

I booked Mr Dream for a journey from Sukhumvit Soi 16 to Don Mueang this morning. This is a chronological summary of events .......

Sat 5 Dec

07:36 - I sent an e-mail to Mr Dream asking for his female driver to pick me up in one of his new cars. I included full details of the pick-up and sent an SMS telling him to check his e-mail.

08:03 - received an e-mail from Mr.Dream saying the female wasn't available together with detailed instructions on how to tell a BKK taxi driver to switch on his meter. However, no details of the cost of the trip.

08:11 sent an e-mail to Mr Dream asking what vehicle/price he was able to offer me.

22:52 received an e-mail from Mr Dream with details of his VIP service (but no price) and a quote of 1,900 Baht for a roundtrip using his basic service.

Sun 6 Dec

09:15 - Sent an e-mail to Mr Dream explaining that I only need a one-way trip (Sukhumvit Soi 16 to Don Mueang) in a car and requested a price.

22:17 - Received an e-mail from Mr Dream saying "No problem", "650 Baht".

22:38 - I e-mailed Mr Dream saying thanks and I looked forward to meeting his driver at 09:15 am.

23:51 - received an e-mail from Mr Dream confirming that he had booked the driver for 9 a.m. and requesting my telephone number.

Mon 7 Nov

00:36 - I e-mailed Mr Dream confirming my mobile number was the same as that used to SMS him. I also requested details of the driver and vehicle.

04:59 - I received an e-mail from Mr Dream asking "Is this CheshireTom?"

05:09 - I received a rambling e-mail from Mr Dream saying that he would confirm at 8 a.m. whether or not he would actually undertake the booking.

08:02 - I received an e-mail from Mr Dream saying that all his drivers were stuck in Pattaya and he'd be unable to accommodate my request.

08:15 - I called my regular taxi guy and booked him for 09:15.

09:10 - Got a call from reception saying there were two taxi drivers in reception.

09:15 - Went to reception, spotted my regular guy and another guy who was obviously a taxi driver. The second guy produced a piece of paper with my name on it and "Mr Dream". I explained to him that Mr Dream had cancelled the booking at 8 am. The guy asked me to call Mr Dream and I explained that I was checking out of the hotel and then catching my own taxi to the airport and I would call Mr Dream when I got home. The driver called Mr Dream (the Thai) and gave me the phone. I explained that Mr Dream (the Yank) had cancelled the pick-up. Mr Dream (the Thai) insisted that the booking hadn't been cancelled and then asked me to pay for the driver - I declined and gave the driver his phone back.

I'm pretty sure Mr Dream (the Thai) is a decent enough bloke but the person masquerading on this site and others as Mr Dream (the Yank) is either incompetent, or stupid (or a combination of both). He is obviously someone who has a couple of cars that he hires out for extortionate rates (his so-called VIP service) and passes anything else to Mr Dream (the Thai) and milks commission for that. I would advise anyone contemplating using the service to contact Mr Dream (the Thai) directly and cut out the incompetent, muddling middleman.

As with everything in LOS, there was a funny side to the whole nonsense. In the e-mail that Mr Dream sent saying he couldn't undertake the booking there was a footer advertising his business which included this quote ..

"We are after all ,your one call does it all transportation and travel specialists. If we can't do it, or know someone who does, then it can't be done!!!"

Quite. :ang2

I guess you classify me as one of your knockers.

So why am I knocking you? Perhaps it's because of being involved in a family coach business with a lot of experience in airport transfers, that I know what is expected from customers. My brother built up his business from running a 16 seater minibus and a private hire car on airport runs to having 12 coaches working for national tour companies.

Customers expect pick-ups on time, drivers to be safe and courteous and that their trip is made with the least possible hassle.

Unfortunately, looking at the comments of some of your customers they do not receive the service that was advertised and expected.

Well, forewarned is forearmed - or maybe not. :D

I booked Mr Dream for a journey from Sukhumvit Soi 16 to Don Mueang this morning. This is a chronological summary of events .......

Sat 5 Dec

07:36 - I sent an e-mail to Mr Dream asking for his female driver to pick me up in one of his new cars. I included full details of the pick-up and sent an SMS telling him to check his e-mail.

08:03 - received an e-mail from Mr.Dream saying the female wasn't available together with detailed instructions on how to tell a BKK taxi driver to switch on his meter. However, no details of the cost of the trip.

08:11 sent an e-mail to Mr Dream asking what vehicle/price he was able to offer me.

22:52 received an e-mail from Mr Dream with details of his VIP service (but no price) and a quote of 1,900 Baht for a roundtrip using his basic service.

Sun 6 Dec

09:15 - Sent an e-mail to Mr Dream explaining that I only need a one-way trip (Sukhumvit Soi 16 to Don Mueang) in a car and requested a price.

22:17 - Received an e-mail from Mr Dream saying "No problem", "650 Baht".

22:38 - I e-mailed Mr Dream saying thanks and I looked forward to meeting his driver at 09:15 am.

23:51 - received an e-mail from Mr Dream confirming that he had booked the driver for 9 a.m. and requesting my telephone number.

Mon 7 Nov

00:36 - I e-mailed Mr Dream confirming my mobile number was the same as that used to SMS him. I also requested details of the driver and vehicle.

04:59 - I received an e-mail from Mr Dream asking "Is this CheshireTom?"

05:09 - I received a rambling e-mail from Mr Dream saying that he would confirm at 8 a.m. whether or not he would actually undertake the booking.

08:02 - I received an e-mail from Mr Dream saying that all his drivers were stuck in Pattaya and he'd be unable to accommodate my request.

08:15 - I called my regular taxi guy and booked him for 09:15.

09:10 - Got a call from reception saying there were two taxi drivers in reception.

09:15 - Went to reception, spotted my regular guy and another guy who was obviously a taxi driver. The second guy produced a piece of paper with my name on it and "Mr Dream". I explained to him that Mr Dream had cancelled the booking at 8 am. The guy asked me to call Mr Dream and I explained that I was checking out of the hotel and then catching my own taxi to the airport and I would call Mr Dream when I got home. The driver called Mr Dream (the Thai) and gave me the phone. I explained that Mr Dream (the Yank) had cancelled the pick-up. Mr Dream (the Thai) insisted that the booking hadn't been cancelled and then asked me to pay for the driver - I declined and gave the driver his phone back.

I'm pretty sure Mr Dream (the Thai) is a decent enough bloke but the person masquerading on this site and others as Mr Dream (the Yank) is either incompetent, or stupid (or a combination of both). He is obviously someone who has a couple of cars that he hires out for extortionate rates (his so-called VIP service) and passes anything else to Mr Dream (the Thai) and milks commission for that. I would advise anyone contemplating using the service to contact Mr Dream (the Thai) directly and cut out the incompetent, muddling middleman.

As with everything in LOS, there was a funny side to the whole nonsense. In the e-mail that Mr Dream sent saying he couldn't undertake the booking there was a footer advertising his business which included this quote ..

"We are after all ,your one call does it all transportation and travel specialists. If we can't do it, or know someone who does, then it can't be done!!!"

Quite. :clueless

Tom:

That story would hilarious, with the exception of the poor Thai taxi guy that wasted his time and money because the falang Mr. Dream doesn't have his shit together.

Hub

I doubt youd say a word , unless you had a life size keyboard to hide behind :banghead We all know your the forum coward :D

Why does this guy feel the need to thread fuck?

Why don't you tell us.... you're an expert at thread fucking!!!!

Can you give me some examples where I've come into a topic and posted this nonsense?

was there in november booked the taxi there & back not a problem pretty girl driver there on time in fact she was early to come back to the airport sat waiting for us to get ready.So i have no problems with reconmending & will use again :beer

was there in november booked the taxi there & back not a problem pretty girl driver there on time in fact she was early to come back to the airport sat waiting for us to get ready.So i have no problems with reconmending & will use again :beer

The "pretty girl" is his wife. According to MrDream's last post, if you want her in the future it is going to set you back close on 3k baht. You will however, get a packet of crisps and a can of coke thrown in. :party

"So for the customers that want the guaranteed vehicle, the guaranteed driver, and the over the top treatment, while still staying under 3k baht for a round-trip, we are able to provide this along with your choice of beverages, snacks, pillow in car, and uniformed driver."