Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

EVA airlines...good? bad?

Anyone ever fly with this company? I'm hopping on one in a few months flying out of San Francisco. Don't have the money to go all out (need that for patts) but figured i would try something other than Asiana this time. any thoughts or comments about them? :D

I used to use them a LOT. Great service! Unfortunately, they stopped flying from Hawaii to Taipei so I cannot use them.

Make sure that you sign up for their frequent flyer program. After 2-3 trips, you will qualify to be upgraded and have access to their lounge.

Check out their schedule also. They used to have the only flights that left the US late at night, rather than the morning, which arrived in Bangkok at noon, rather than midnight.

I have always found them a bit slow when serving the drinks, That said very good value for money. I booked LHR-BKK Jan 24th £446 Netflights. Great deal for a direct service.

Griffo

Eva is the only ariline I fly from SFO-BKK. Great depature times as well as arrival times

in BKK. Great service and nice planes. Agree with getting the frequent flyer club as miles add up quick and like the fact that you can book your upgrade online.

Eva is the only ariline I fly from SFO-BKK. Great depature times as well as arrival times

in BKK. Great service and nice planes. Agree with getting the frequent flyer club as miles add up quick and like the fact that you can book your upgrade online.

Sadly, if you buy the cheapest deals available (with Netflights etc.), you don't qualify for miles.

Great airline but beware that if you're tall 3 of the 4 aisle seats have the AVOD boxes underneath the seat in front severely restricting legroom.

From memory its row G that is ok.

Edited by Chivas

I flew EVA for the first time on my last trip in November. I was in their Evergreen DeLuxe/Elite Class, somewhat between coach and biz class from LAX (14 hrs to Taipei, 11 or 12 on the return). I've been a bit spoiled since all my other trips have been in biz class on either China Airlines or Korean Air (Korean is now WAAAAY to expensive!), so it was an adjustment. It was generally pretty good, but my knees did get very stiff and sore since the foot rests don't quite come up high enough or far enough out to straighten them. I'm 5'-11", so some legroom is helpful. That said, the service was good and the food was pretty decent.

Great airline but beware that if you're tall 3 of the 4 aisle seats have the AVOD boxes underneath the seat in front severely restricting legroom.

From memory its row G that is ok.

"Seat" G,you mean. :beer

The best airline I have flown with. Clean, spacious planes with good food and the women are real hot too. Some of their planes have an upstairs section for the economy flights and there is loads of leg room. Highly recommended.

I have used EVA many times from SFO, very good airline, much better than any US based airline.

If you are on the 777, G row is the best choice due to the lack of AVOD box (as mentioned above) and because generally you will be not bothered to get up to let the person next to you out as much. An isle seat on the sides has one way out and two other seats to let out to the isle, an isle seat in the center only has one middle seat to let out. The odds are better that if you as a single traveler takes G row that a couple will be seated in the other two seats, and the wife will always crawl over her husband to get out rather than bothering you… not always the case, but better than knowing you will be bothered several times on the side isle seats.

I have used EVA many times from SFO, very good airline, much better than any US based airline.

If you are on the 777, G row is the best choice due to the lack of AVOD box (as mentioned above) and because generally you will be not bothered to get up to let the person next to you out as much. An isle seat on the sides has one way out and two other seats to let out to the isle, an isle seat in the center only has one middle seat to let out. The odds are better that if you as a single traveler takes G row that a couple will be seated in the other two seats, and the wife will always crawl over her husband to get out rather than bothering you… not always the case, but better than knowing you will be bothered several times on the side isle seats.

Spot on in your observations :rolleyes: :D

I've flown with them several times and have never had a bad flight, I always check EVA first!!! Good service but the food sucks most of the time.

Have to agree Cap'n, regarding the general flight conduct and service efficiency. Yeah.... the food isn't all that clever, but they really do let themselves down on the "wine", (if you can call it that), that is served in both the Premium Economy, and Economy classes. Poured from a cardboard carton, Red or White, of very "questionable origin" :D tasting more, in fact, like a poor quality drain cleaner. I recall that Thai Airways do the same sort of thing. However I just grit my teeth, adopt a stiff upper lip, :D and get on with the job in hand, by ordering a large cognac :beer

Edited by N3RGT
....They used to have the only flights that left the US late at night, rather than the morning, which arrived in Bangkok at noon, rather than midnight.

As long as I've been making the trip Cathay Pacific, China Air, EVA, and Singapore Air have all had, and have, flights out of SFO between midnight and 02:00, which get you into BKK by late morning or early afternoon. Korean Air, Japan Airlines, and United have late morning or afternoon flights that arrive in BKK at midnight or later. Not sure about ANA or Asiana. Delta did "code share" with China Air or EVA, but they may now be using the old NWA flights that get into BKK around midnight. American "code shares" with Japan Airlines.

You'll find a larger number of airlines with more frequent flights out of Los Angeles than San Francisco. Korean Air, for example, has a midnight departure, in addition to an afternoon flight, out of LAX. Thai Air doesn't service SFO, but does have a direct, non-stop flight to BKK out of LAX.

Edited by Samsonite
I like the times of departure and arrival for the LHR-BKK trip and return. Generally very good airline. Dreadful food though.

The times are the one thing that I DON 'T like about them. Out is fine, but the return lands too late for me to get home that night. It means an overnight train trip, which I can do without after a long flight.