Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Mahan Air from BHX to BKK £330 (including tax)

Just seen this airline offer of BHX to BKK for £330 including all taxes. Anyone tried them yet?? Good price and 30Kg weight allowance on luggage.

It has a 2 hour stop over in Tehran (Iran). For those on a budget no a bad deal!!

http://www.mahanairline.co.uk/

Have a look

Just seen this airline offer of BHX to BKK for £330 including all taxes. Anyone tried them yet?? Good price and 30Kg weight allowance on luggage.

It has a 2 hour stop over in Tehran (Iran). For those on a budget no a bad deal!!

http://www.mahanairline.co.uk/

Have a look

Thanks for the info, but it looks like no booking facility on this website and you phone for a quote, i really doubt if they are real prices !

With Business class at 670 pounds must be worth a nibble :ang2
Much as I prefer Biz Class and dislike paying much for it I will wait for some feedback.

I am not exactly expecting fine wines and a little glass of Drambui after a pork cutlet dinner from them.

I also am concerned how British passengers will be treated in Tehran, we are not exactly flavour of the month over there, being kidnapped for 444 days would certainly make it a long trip.

Gay passengers may want to leave the tight T-Shirts and pink trousers in the suitcase too! :ang2

I remember looking at this airline once before just before they got banned from Europe. They were flying out of Manchester I believe at the time.

I looked at several 'alternative' routes and ended up doing Aeroflot via Moscow which turned out to be an 'interesting' journey including being locked in an airport hotel with an armed guard in the corridor when we missed the connecting flight on the return leg.

• 3 weeks later...

Looked at their website, have online booking but appears you can only book on this for flights to and from Iran. Will give them a ring and get a quote. Like you say, these look on the face of it like the bargain of the century... until you get the 'real' price.

Can't see a problem about going to Tehran, you are in transit with a load of other international trevellers and not on the streets of the city. Was in Khartoum in the Sudan some years back and there was a military coup whilst I was in the transit lounge and it did not stop flights going in and out of the aiport.

Will let you know what price the quote in due course.

• 2 weeks later...

Mahan Air is flying from Dusseldorf via Tehran to Bangkok also.

Normally, as people reported on several forums, there are little to no problems, but once the shit hits the fan, the problems are BIG! Their fleet is small, so a problem (delay, technical problem) will cause delays for many flights, if not all their flights. Also their flights to Europe are only on certain days, so you may have to stay over at the airport. Yes, that's right, not an airport hotel in Tehran, just sleep/ stay at the airport for 2 days. That is what happened to some people who flew Mahan. Little to no help from the airline in that situation.

Personally, I would spend a few dollars/ euro's/ pounds more and fly a more reputable airline.

• 3 weeks later...

damn this is really cheap

from dusseldorf 1500 euro busines class

and from 450 e uro an up economy

so uk friends who do care for a few hundred pounds............ :rolleyes:

indeed no alcohol or pork and it probably isn't lufthansa but thing how many you can barfine with the money remaining in your pocket lol

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone tried airline this yet?
Use a search engine...... Edited by jacko