Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Whats the lowest fare you've ever paid to Los ?

Depends upon where I was living at the time. From Hong Kong, next to nothing, but from the UK around £350 all in.

From LOS to the UK, always with flexibility to change at zero or minimal cost, around £250 return.

Cannot be done now as taxes, fuel surcharges etc. all so high and set to rise further. I flew one last year where the cost of the ticket, if you can believe it (I don't really) before extras, was around £60 each way.

In October this year, Eva had a flexible, changeable and importantly fully refundable 6 month ticket from BKK to LHR for Bt22,000 plus taxes which were Bt10,000 but my agent could chop a bit off it and the total cost was Bt30,500. For the conditions, that was a good deal I thought, around £550.

Edited by torrenova

Not sure how to calculate the true cost of frequent flyer "free" tickets.

I have booked two business class trips through United on All Nippon Air. These seats where fantastic.

Cost me less than US$200 in taxes/fees for a very expensive ticket. I priced the fares out and they ran about US$6000

Some of the costs that should be included are:

United Mileage Plus Visa yearly fee, about $US100

I don't carry much of a balance, but I'm sure that some interest does carry over.

A portion of the cost of other flights used to build up miles.

I figure that it still costs me less than an economy seat.

As it stands now, I'm almost halfway to my next business class seat :beer

i have been to LOS free! however, it did come at a price of being on a ship for 3 and a half weeks. Joys of being in the navy. I've had the military fly me there for free last trip, but the cheapest to date was $550. Then again that was 4 years ago. :beer

Edited by ServiceMan78
Brother worked for British Airways at the time and standby tickets for immediate family were normally around 90 pound return.

Used them approx 50 times-only 2 occasions couldnt get the seat outbound after arriving Heathrow, but on Bangkok London leg got on every time.Helped when BA started code sharing with QF as you could use their motors as well.

Its a standard concession in the industry.

Hi

That concession now runs at £165 and it is very difficult for the actual staff member to get a seat nowadays let alone their family.

Hi

That concession now runs at £165 and it is very difficult for the actual staff member to get a seat nowadays let alone their family.

Yes it was back in the 90's I was using them via my brother at 90 pound a pop-Am I right in saying that it is 10% of full economy fare ??

Cheapest I have ever had was a couple of years ago £380 with Thai via Travelocity. Never seen it that cheap since. I wish I knew how some of you guys have got cheaper fares.

Most expensive I've paid was in August around the £580 mark with Thai.

Cheapest I have ever had was a couple of years ago £380 with Thai via Travelocity. Never seen it that cheap since. I wish I knew how some of you guys have got cheaper fares.

Most expensive I've paid was in August around the £580 mark with Thai.

I realize this may not work for you in the UK but for BM from the US. I find this works well. Prices drop from January 15 to May 15. Go up for the summer. Drop again from September 15 to mid-late November. Go up around December 1.

• 3 weeks later...
How come free isn't mentioned. I fly free reasonably often, less than free if you count no money at all for the ticket, plus an upgrade.

You've paid (payed to some) several times for previous flights for your "free" ticket.

Brother worked for British Airways at the time and standby tickets for immediate family were normally around 90 pound return.

Used them approx 50 times-only 2 occasions couldnt get the seat outbound after arriving Heathrow, but on Bangkok London leg got on every time.Helped when BA started code sharing with QF as you could use their motors as well.

Its a standard concession in the industry.

Not a standard concession in the industry.Somewhat with a coseshare partner,but far from common.ZED fares now and reduced rate tickets,either 75% or 90% off,previously are/were common.

Yes,I was a BA checkin/control agent for my airline which handled BA in Orlando,so I speak from experince with my company and BA.

Thinking back. Fares to LOS, certainly from the UK have gone down in price in real terms. My first ticket to LOS back in 1987 was £365 return. This was with Kuwait airways with a few hours in Kuwait. I could probably get there for almost the same amount of money today.

i have been to LOS free! however, it did come at a price of being on a ship for 3 and a half weeks. Joys of being in the navy. I've had the military fly me there for free last trip, but the cheapest to date was $550. Then again that was 4 years ago. :bigsmile:

I forgot about my free roundtrip from Okinawa back in 1972,lol!

Paid £377 to fly out last November (Manchester to BKK via Abu Dhabi) with Etihad :D , but current prices for them are above £600 :( , so paid £518 for same trip via Dubai with Emirates flying out in March -_- .

Can't imagine paying less than £400 again :rolleyes: .

Al

:allright

I'm flying with Jet Air in April and it cost me £755 for me and the Mrs. That's the cheapest I can remember paying.

Well have to be a lot of Gin and Tonics to be worth it, but what the hell.

Did you book this directly with their website or through an agent?

I am getting about that for Biz Class with some carriers, and it would be well short for my favourite Singapore!

I got Biz on Thai for Easter 1237 Sterling with westeast travel, due to work I had to leave my Christmas flights late and got raped on the price :rolleyes:

After flying both Biz and 1st on Thai its very difficult to recommend paying the extra for the 1st class tickets. Thai first really is not up to the other airlines example BA and SG.

I have heard every good stories about Emirates and Qatar but I personally can be bothered changing planes.

Cheers

LiA

After flying both Biz and 1st on Thai its very difficult to recommend paying the extra for the 1st class tickets. Thai first really is not up to the other airlines example BA and SG.

Cheers

LiA

Yes I once used Airmiles for a BA first Class to Bangkok, but I think the taxes nearly matched some of the fares mentioned here. :rolleyes:

Quite pleasant......

BA know how to treat the rich well, and degrade the hoi-polloi

Yes I once used Airmiles for a BA first Class to Bangkok, but I think the taxes nearly matched some of the fares mentioned here. :unsure:

Quite pleasant......

BA know how to treat the rich well, and degrade the hoi-polloi

I have flow BA Business Class once return to the US and it was superb easily as good as TG First Class.

But know way am I paying the extra BA want, its just not worth it.

Will be good to know how the other BM get on with his first class trip, a few photo would be nice

Cheers

LiA