Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

Have a look in Villa Market. I got some from there but often picked it up in Bangkok as I also found Pattaya devoid of the stuff. I was surprised that Carrefour didn't have any.

Just remembered, Tesco on Sukhumvit had some as well. Top of Thepprasit and turn right just before you get to the dual carriageway.

I have looked high and low but can't find canned red/pink salmon anywhere.

Somebody help me :rolleyes:

Paps

Some smart ass had to say this, so might as well be me! plenty here in Ireland! Seriously if you are looking some of it I will be there in end of April maybe that's too far away.

Here ya go... :)

Had to :D

Frosty

LOL. I was wondering what happened to Roly! Haven't seen him posting on here for ages. Funny fucker always makes me chuckle :D

Have a look in Villa Market. I got some from there but often picked it up in Bangkok as I also found Pattaya devoid of the stuff. I was surprised that Carrefour didn't have any.

Just remembered, Tesco on Sukhumvit had some as well. Top of Thepprasit and turn right just before you get to the dual carriageway.

I've tried Tesco here in Surin but I can't find the stuff. I know it's there somewhere but the label is more likely in Thai. How do you spell Salmon in Thai? :rolleyes:

Paps

Some smart ass had to say this, so might as well be me! plenty here in Ireland! Seriously if you are looking some of it I will be there in end of April maybe that's too far away.

Kool. Can you bring some soda bread also???

Whilst I'm at it, what about balsamic vinegar??? Can't eat a salad without a nice dressing.

Also, any entrepreneurs out there? You might want to open a shop that sells Heinz baked beans. Nothing else. You will be able to retire here on the proceeds.

Heinz baked beans in Villa Market around Bt165.

Tesco in Surin is shit. I also always end up nearly driving past the bloody thing and having to cut across lanes and swing in. Ask Norby (Norbies) on Soi Cola near the Thepnakorn hotel. He has European stuff and should know if it is available in Surin. I couldn't find any there or in Buriram but brought some with me.

Heinz baked beans in Villa Market around Bt165.

Tesco in Surin is shit. I also always end up nearly driving past the bloody thing and having to cut across lanes and swing in. Ask Norby (Norbies) on Soi Cola near the Thepnakorn hotel. He has European stuff and should know if it is available in Surin. I couldn't find any there or in Buriram but brought some with me.

165 Baht??? Holy shit, no thanks.

Is Norbies the German gaff on soi Kola ???

There's always one...

With all the local fresh fish someone wants tinned fish. :beer

Tinned salmon is more nutritious than local fresh fish that has been sitting around all day in the hot sun covered in flies that have previously been munching on an Arab's arse in soi Vic :rolleyes:

ps. where can I buy fresh salmon in Surin? Nobcheese :beer

LOL. I was wondering what happened to Roly! Haven't seen him posting on here for ages. Funny fucker always makes me chuckle :beer

I've tried Tesco here in Surin but I can't find the stuff. I know it's there somewhere but the label is more likely in Thai. How do you spell Salmon in Thai? :rolleyes:

Kool. Can you bring some soda bread also???

Not a problem if your serious, just remind me nearer the time .

165 Baht??? Holy shit, no thanks.

Is Norbies the German gaff on soi Kola ???

Yeah, has a restaurant come bar set up with produce, wine and beer for sale. Decent food actually. Early closing times, before that Soi wakes up for the evening.

Pretty well everything you listed is at Villa Market - if not at the branches like Pattaya, definitely at the main store in Bangkok. Thais don't eat tinned salmon, only a few eat salmon at all. Or the other stuff you list.

Edited by joekicker

And yet Carrefour have numerous versions of fresh salmon, which many Thais don't eat or to be correct, have not tried, which is essentially the same thing. I thought they would have it but numerous requests over the years always drew a blank.

And yet Carrefour have numerous versions of fresh salmon, which many Thais don't eat or to be correct, have not tried, which is essentially the same thing. I thought they would have it but numerous requests over the years always drew a blank.

Some Thais eat "fresh" salmon, but I'd guess you're right, that damned few would try it on their own. They've acquired the taste, abroad or from foreigners or from mom who was abroad..... high-so types in many cases. That's why Carrefour has it. But I literally have never seen a Thai EVER purchase, let alone open a tin of salmon. Ever. Even in Villa. Even overseas. That's why Carrefour doesn't have it.

ปลา แซลมอน = salmon

แดง = red

I doubt theres any way youd remember that by the time you reach the shops 1luv

This is Thailand mate. The bird will be going to the shop :D Thanks for the translation, could be very useful unless you're being funny 1luv

LOL. I was wondering what happened to Roly! Haven't seen him posting on here for ages. Funny fucker always makes me chuckle 1luv

Roly is a 'Mod' on 'Revealed' these days!!Don't think he bothers too much on here ever since Alan Ladd and the Living Dolls Mystery 5 Baht change was resolved anyway!!! 1luv

Hi,

In fact tinned salmon tastes better than fresh salmon, and fresh tuna tastes better than tinned tuna.

Why this is so I do not know. Was told by a chef, so I tried, and he was correct. Plus the fact that you had to cook the fresh salmon.

The last ones I bought were in the Bt120-180 range I think. Quite expensive for a tin when you compare the tuns, which Thais do eat and which can cost as little as around Bt19 or so.

Tuna is packed in Thailand. Several of the really big canning firms are Thai-owned, including the American ones (although there has been some ownership changes I haven't kept up with). So tuna is a local product, actually. All those photos of Burmese slave workers and their kids, most of them are tinning tuna.

About half the tuna in Europe comes from Thailand, more than that in the US. No figures on how much dolphin is mixed in but there's a pretty good chance some of you cowboys have killed Flipper for a tuna sandwich.

I have looked high and low but can't find canned red/pink salmon anywhere.

Somebody help me :bigsmile:

We did our shopping at Friendship Supermarket today and spotted about 20 tins of salmon on of the shelves. It was pink salmon in a red tin :D. I think it was called Salmon Supreme and cost 98 THB per tin. It did not look like imported stuff as it had mainly Thai writing on it. The imported stuff usually tells you the name of the country where it comes from.

We did our shopping at Friendship Supermarket today and spotted about 20 tins of salmon on of the shelves. It was pink salmon in a red tin :bigsmile:. I think it was called Salmon Supreme and cost 98 THB per tin. It did not look like imported stuff as it had mainly Thai writing on it. The imported stuff usually tells you the name of the country where it comes from.

I didn't think salmon was native to Thailand. Do they farm them here?