Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

cheapish hotels near Heathrow

well its finally nearly here, but now Im looking at the weather engulfing the UK and Im a little concerned about getting to the airport by 6.30am..a solution could be to travel up there the previous day and stay at a hotel with a shuttle bus to the airport, I have looked at some of the websites and travel lodge looks to be the cheapest at around £30 a night, anyone tried this?..info on how to get to these places from heathrow as I don`t drive appreciated too please.

Unlike most international airports Heathrow's hotels are not allowed to offer free complimentary shuttles.

Instead fixed route "Hotel Hoppa " buses operate to several hotels on each route from Terminals 1 and 3.

Separate routes go to Terminal 4 and 5.

Just go to your terminal as normal then take the Hotel Hoppa for your hotel or hotel to your terminal. I think they start about 4.30 - 5am ish from hotel to the terminal. its £4.

CP

Edited by Chilli Pepper
Unlike most international airports Heathrow's hotels are not allowed to offer free complimentary shuttles.

Instead fixed route "Hotel Hoppa " buses operate to several hotels on each route from Terminals 1 and 3.

Separate routes go to Terminal 4 and 5.

Just go to your terminal as normal then take the Hotel Hoppa for your hotel or hotel to your terminal. I think they start about 4.30 - 5am ish from hotel to the terminal. its £4.

CP

I tried this facilty a couple of trips ago and remember a group of about eight of us, at 6am, waiting around 40 minutes for the scheduled "Hoppa" bus to arrive. No "Hoppa" bus showed, and in the end we all piled into two taxis that arrived dropping people at the hotel. The service itself seems fine in theory, but in my, albeit one bad experience, they did not seem to adhere to any scheduled timetable. I, personally wouldn't rely on this service to get me to the terminal for a hard/fast early morning check in time. You pays your money and you takes your chance !

If you use the Travel Lodge in Feltham, there is the 285, 24 hour bus to LHR central, that stops at the train station. The station is a short walk from the hotel. A taxi will be about £10- 15. Alternatively the H25 bus from the station, goes to Hatton Cross Tube. 1 stop from T1-2-3.

Forgot to say, bus takes about 20-30-mins from station.

Edited by nidnoyham

CP

And they are truly awful.......

I still had to drag my suitcase some distance from the bus station to the actual terminal building....

Most longhauls leave from T4 or T5.

Second time around I booked a taxi...

Edited by jacko