Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

"You can live like a king."

It would be much cheaper for me to retire and live in Thailand than to live in my home country. Not sure I would do that as I love living in Australia but certainly good to know that there are at least options (financially) of countries where I could go afford to live.

Not sure my liver would hold out too long if I lived in Pattaya though :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Twenty years ago I spent a month traveling all over Thailand and mongering. I spent $1,000 USD, not counting my flight here and back. I stayed another month traveling Asia, part of that time back in

Damn, and I complain about the amount I give the lady that stays with me full time. Am I cheap, or are you overly generous? Both maybe?

or cheaper food, accommodation and beer.

And phones and transportation. And almost all services from garbage pickup to therapeutic massage. etc, etc

For an old Asian hand, that wasn't much of an analysis.

And phones and transportation. And almost all services from garbage pickup to therapeutic massage. etc, etc

For an old Asian hand, that wasn't much of an analysis.

I would like to add lazing on the beach and taking a dip in the sea in January! :whistling:
I would like to add lazing on the beach and taking a dip in the sea in January! rolleyes

... in January AND July, you betcha. "Another coconut please... and make it just a touch colder this time, thanks."

I'm still hoping to sell up and move to the Pattaya area in about 6 years. As a final test, my work already knows that I need 8-10 weeks off in around 5 years - I'm "banking" 5 days of leave each year already in preparation. The plan is to live as an ex-pat, on the budget I'll have in retirement - as far as possible anyway.

Not being very well off, with few investments, there won't really be a way back to anything reasonable here, and I would hate to burn my bridges then find that I didn't like that lifestyle.

Some things I just won't be able to do in an "ex-patty" way; I won't get the deal on accommodation for 8-10 weeks that I will for a long-term contract, I won't be able to buy a bike, set up my own utilities contracts, etc. Those will have to e adjusted in whatever figures I end up with.

At the end of this I expect to make one of 3 choices;

• I like this, it's go for a move in a year.
  • I like this, but will need more cash, keep working for a few more years.
  • Nope, holidays are fine, but I can't live like this.

It's a bit far off I know, but for anyone on a budget, I think it's the right thing to do.

OK, flame away. :rolleyes:

Brian, no flames from me. It sounds like a good plan. Beats moving here after a few Holidays with all your earthly belongings and getting a big surprise when you find that expat mode isn't for you.

Only if your sole test of 'fun' is the ready availability of cheap hookers.

That is not my sole test of 'fun,' otherwise I could jut as well travel to Newark, Detroit, Oakland or several other cities in the U.S., rather than flying half-way around the world. It's the non-stop party environment of Pattaya that attracts me.

Evil

:crying:

I'm still hoping to sell up and move to the Pattaya area in about 6 years. As a final test, my work already knows that I need 8-10 weeks off in around 5 years - I'm "banking" 5 days of leave each year already in preparation. The plan is to live as an ex-pat, on the budget I'll have in retirement - as far as possible anyway.

Not being very well off, with few investments, there won't really be a way back to anything reasonable here, and I would hate to burn my bridges then find that I didn't like that lifestyle.

Some things I just won't be able to do in an "ex-patty" way; I won't get the deal on accommodation for 8-10 weeks that I will for a long-term contract, I won't be able to buy a bike, set up my own utilities contracts, etc. Those will have to e adjusted in whatever figures I end up with.

It's a bit far off I know, but for anyone on a budget, I think it's the right thing to do.

OK, flame away. :crying:

No flame from me. Sounds like a solid plan. :thumbup

I define living like a king as having nice surroundings, comfortable living quarters, getting regular pussy and blowjobs, all my needs taken care of. Being spoon fed my food, having my beers brought to me, cigarettes lit for me, practically having my arse wiped for me, being cleaned up after, not having to make my own bed, being able to laze about and read my books, have a swim, get a massage, watch my shows/movies, and generally do whatever the fuck I feel like doing whenever I feel like doing it.

As far as I'm concerned I can live like a king on 100 aussie dollars a day in Thailand, that's about 3,000 baht. In my home country I'd do a hundred just on a taxi to get home from a night out. In my book there is still some truth in the old 'live like a king' line.

OK, flame away. :thumbup

8-10 weeks is not nearly enough to find out about life abroad, let alone Pattaya.

Any chance of renting out your house in the UK and living off the rent in Pattaya for, say, a year?

I define living like a king as having nice surroundings, comfortable living quarters, getting regular pussy and blowjobs, all my needs taken care of. Being spoon fed my food, having my beers brought to me, cigarettes lit for me, practically having my arse wiped for me, being cleaned up after, not having to make my own bed, being able to laze about and read my books, have a swim, get a massage, watch my shows/movies, and generally do whatever the fuck I feel like doing whenever I feel like doing it.

Dayum, I live like a king !!!

8-10 weeks is not nearly enough to find out about life abroad, let alone Pattaya.

Any chance of renting out your house in the UK and living off the rent in Pattaya for, say, a year?

Very sound advice

Dayum, I live like a king !!!
Me too, wouldn't fancy being the serf though! Edited by jacko