Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Moving to Pattaya

Hey Guys! I've decided to move to Pattaya. My company is allowing me to work in Pattaya. So, I have a few questions:

1. I need a fast internet connection. Any recommendations?

2. I need an unlimited data plan for my phone

3. I would like to know how much i should expect to pay for a 1 bedroom/1bath and a 2 bedroom/2bath with OCEAN VIEW (MUST HAVE). I want to be minutes away from Walking Street.

Thanks in advance and I hope to meet some of you when I moved there in March.

Hey Guys! I've decided to move to Pattaya. My company is allowing me to work in Pattaya. So, I have a few questions:

3. I would like to know how much i should expect to pay for a 1 bedroom/1bath and a 2 bedroom/2bath with OCEAN VIEW (MUST HAVE). I want to be minutes away from Walking Street.

Thanks in advance and I hope to meet some of you when I moved there in March.

Here's a better question: What the hell job do you have?

An even BETTER question: Can you get me a job there????

:beer

• 3 weeks later...
Here's a better question: What the hell job do you have?

An even BETTER question: Can you get me a job there????

:allright

lol... i'm working for decent size company and my manager is allowing me to work in Pattaya. All of my work is done remotely, therefore I can do it pretty much anywhere as long as I have a decent internet speed.

I've decided to move to Pattaya. My company is allowing me to work in Pattaya.

That nice of them, hope the sort you a work permit as well, working without one is illegal.

Im with True, 8mb package (1149b per month) works well.

AIS 1tocall do an unlimited data plan for 1000b per month.

Anywhere between 5000b and 50000b per month.

Edited by Fondles
If he's working for someone OUTSIDE LOS he won't need a work permit.

If his ass in sitting in Thailand whilst working he needs a work permit, granted most people working online dont bother however it is Illegal to work without one, defo something I would not be broadcasting to the masses as all it takes is some snivelling little asshole whom takes a disliking to you to dog you to the authorities.

If his employer isn't in LOS, how is he going to get a work permit ?

I know guys who've operated their business here & kept all the paperwork offshore so they could avoid the W/P hassles.

At that time, if your company wasn't registered in LOS, you didn't need to get a W/P or pay taxes.

Thing may have changed, but I cannot find a good reference on it just yet.

For a nice apartment with ocean view, you can look at Northshore, its at Soi 4-5 and i know a guy who rents a very nice 1 bedroom place there with ocean view for 30k a month. It depends on your budget, but i would start with Alan Bolton at The Avenue first and talk to him about what you want and what budget you have. There are plenty of "cheap" places around but like anything, you get what you pay for. Good luck with it all and dont be put off by the cheap charlies here

"Your mates were operating Illegally"

Not mates of mine, just people I knew.

What they were doing was definitely asking for problems, but I can't see getting a W/P to work out of your home for an employer that doesn't even have an office in LOS.

Having a W/P makes it easier to stay of course, one year visas etc., & it also helps when getting things done like Cable TV or Satellite, Internet or Phone line install.

The trouble is, WHO is going to sponsor his 2 million Baht & where is he going to come up with the the Thai employees etc. if the company isn't even registered in LOS ?

If he's not buying property or assets for his employer I'd say just keep quite about how he earns his keep & ramble on.

http://www.doe.go.th/service3_en.aspx

it says "Employers in Thailand may apply for a work permit for prospective alien employees"

No mention of employers outside that will have people working IN, not so sure.

Edited by Ripe1