Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

hi

flying out on march 15th for 2 weeks with oman air £395 return with net-flights, have read some good reviews about them.

any bm's have any comments about oman air also muscat airport.

thanks in advance

Edited by farman
hi

flying out on march 15th for 2 weeks with oman air £395 return with net-flights, have read some good reviews about them.

thanks in advance

They're the dog's bollocks compared to what the were a year ago. If you book, make sure you choose the days with 777-300 aircraft scheduled on both legs of the route.

Muscat airport is OK - obviously less crowded than Dubai or Doha, and it has a decent enough duty free and a bar. There are definitely worse places to spend a couple of hours.

Book direct on their website - no CC charges, SAFI and a bit of a discount.

They're the dog's bollocks compared to what the were a year ago. If you book, make sure you choose the days with 777-300 aircraft scheduled on both legs of the route.

Muscat airport is OK - obviously less crowded than Dubai or Doha, and it has a decent enough duty free and a bar. There are definitely worse places to spend a couple of hours.

Book direct on their website - no CC charges, SAFI and a bit of a discount.

thanks for your reply tom

yeah, most of the bed reviews for them do date back a few years

did look on their website but the flights were more expensive, they wnted 500 for the same flights i got on net flights for 395

i do like the 777-300, 3 of the flights are on this

the bkk-mus flight coming back is on the 777-200

what is the difference between the 777-300 and the 777-200?(hope it has ife)

did look on their website but the flights were more expensive, they wnted 500 for the same flights i got on net flights for 395

Not aware Oman Air operate any 777 ? A330- 200/300 series (some only delivered new in Nov 09)

Not aware Oman Air operate any 777 ? A330- 200/300 series (some only delivered new in Nov 09)

sorry my mistake, cheers brown

should have typed a330-200/300 not 777-200/300

:ang2

• 3 weeks later...

one more question.....

does any bm know if oman air serve booze on their flights to and from thailand(is it free or do you have to pay) or are they strictly NON booze.

thanks

:D

About ~20 feet give or take.

not an airline i'd have thought of flying with, be interesting to hear how u got on mate.

hmmmm...... me neither but i was after a no frills cheap flight and it was the cheapest 395 pp

:rolleyes:

will post what i think on return

Who cares if they do or don't,I was just answering the question.

ok ppl, thanx.

no slagging PLS!!

question answered..........

xx

:allright

:banghead

• 3 weeks later...
hi

thanks in advance

Just thought you might be interested in the following article from FlightGobal :-

Oman Air has become the first airline in the world to offer passengers both in-flight mobile and Internet, after switching on Airbus/SITA joint venture OnAir's connectivity solutions on an Airbus A330-300.

Passengers aboard Oman Air's Muscat-London Heathrow service can use their mobile phones at all times other than during take-off and landing. Onboard communications are charged by the home mobile service provider at international roaming rates, says the airline.

Logging onto Oman Air's in-flight Internet service, meanwhile, is akin to using a public Wi-fi hotspot, says Oman Air. The passenger price plan for Internet access on laptops "is expected to be $29.95 for 26MB per flight. Additional usage would be at $0.006 per KB".

"For webmail (body copy only) the rate would be $9.95 per flight and $0.006 for attachments. For webchat, the rate would be $4.95 for unlimited use, per flight," adds the carrier.

In launching in-flight mobile connectivity and Internet service on an A330-300, Oman Air has also become the first commercial widebody operator to enter service with Airbus' ALNA v2 platform over Inmarsat's SwiftBroadband (SBB) aeronautical service, which can support data rates of up to 432 kbps per channel. SBB does not support broadband Internet.

ALNA, which stands for Airline Network Architecture, serves as Airbus' platform for both airborne mobile telephone and Internet services. It is designed on an open architecture that also allows for future integration with other connectivity systems such as Ku-band or terrestrial air-to-ground systems.

All future Oman A330s will be delivered with connectivity.

Well, that crosses them off my list of options.

Bad enough in the lounge having some cretin nearby yelling into his mobile, but on an aircraft with a fair selection of our ME friends there is little point to a lie flat bed if there are people talking on their mobiles!

Well, that crosses them off my list of options.

Bad enough in the lounge having some cretin nearby yelling into his mobile, but on an aircraft with a fair selection of our ME friends there is little point to a lie flat bed if there are people talking on their mobiles!

wouldnt EVER bother me in the slightest!

some people worry about the slightest little things......

wouldnt EVER bother me in the slightest!

some people worry about the slightest little things......

Lucky you.... but I still have my hearing.

I pay extra to get a good nights rest on the way to and from LOS.

Yakking on your telephone is something that should also be put to bed.

Edited by jacko
Lucky you.... but I still have my hearing.

I pay extra to get a good nights rest on the way to and from LOS.

Yakking on your telephone is something that should also be put to bed.

Got agree 100% with that. I have not interest in being nest to some muppet on the phone to who ever talking about what ever.

Hopefully the price will be crazy expensive and scare people from using the phone.

Cheers

LiA

• 4 weeks later...

well...

im home now after 2 weeks over in patts and i have to say i was very very imprested with oman.

great plane, great staff(one gave me and my girlfriend 10 small bottles wine between us on on the mus-lon leg of the flight) great food(good as far as airplane food goes in economy class) great IFE.

oman airport is fine.

i would consider flying with them again 100%.

well...

im home now after 2 weeks over in patts and i have to say i was very very imprested with oman.

great plane, great staff(one gave me and my girlfriend 10 small bottles wine between us on on the mus-lon leg of the flight) great food(good as far as airplane food goes in economy class) great IFE.

oman airport is fine.

farman,

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

I joined the airliners.net premium forums a few months ago and the reports on Oman air are top rated.

They are expecting to be rated 5 star by skytrax shortly.

Edited by Chivas
  • 1 month later...
well...

oman airport is fine.

:eyecrazy

That's good to hear. I just booked myself £388 return, bargain :)