Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi

I don`t know if the same applies to US$ but some of the independent money exchanges offer

a marginally better rate than the actual banks and bank kiosks on UK£.

Not much in it though.

Link here for Kasikorn Bank`s exchange rate page will give you a guide

as to the banks` rates.

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/RatesAndFee...gnExchange.aspx

There were 2 threads on this subject in the last week to 10 days. A simple search using the search engine, would give the OP all the information he is looking for. He is just being lazy.

ok I'm being lazy that's fine, but WTF are you being?

There were 2 threads on this subject in the last week to 10 days. A simple search using the search engine, would give the OP all the information he is looking for. He is just being lazy.

As you can see I'm new here, so if you want to flame me whatever. But you want to bitch at someone who actually had something constructive to say, what a lame, get a life

And that is your problem because?

u may also struggle to exchange Spanish Lira too these days!
Weren't the Lira Italian and the Pesetas Spanish?

Oh well what do I know......?

Banks / exchange booths etc.. Pattaya is littered with them

Chopping up usual tourist amounts, nothing to choose between them.

Larger amounts (like those that you shoulda declared when travelling :D ) Try the independent exchanges 'gold Bank' Soi Rungland, Kodak shop opp Big C & a little north on Sai Song, for a tad better than bank rates (both these have identical rates BTW)

(Little known fact but 'Gold Bank' will change serious amounts into a bank cheque too ...launderers' delight :allright )

Better rates / bigger amounts..... you should transfer into a Thai Bank Account direct

• 1 month later...

Hi Burn, welcome to the forum. There was nothing wrong with your question. Not everyone was born with knowledge of all things great and small and to prove the point.......I don't have a clue.

:chogdee

Hi, is there still a problem changing us dollars from a certain year, i remember sometime back they would not change some older notes i think it was 1990 series or something like that

If you use 2000 or newer US $100, shouldn't have any problems. Make sure they are clean of ink marks and not torn.

The 1996 are turned down at most if not all the exchange booths. The 1999 are hit and miss and can sometimes be exchanged inside some of the banks.

I try and get 2003 or newer from my bank before I make the trip and never had one turned down.

LeoTex