Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

pasadena lodge or billabong hotel (soi lk)

pasadena lodge or billabong hotel (soi lk) whats better?

sorry i havent been on this forum for a while cant find the hotel section, has anyone been to these hotels and could let me know the pros and cons..

another question as well, i know pattaya is busy all year round, but when is a quieter period to go?

i have been 6 times to pattaya now but always go june and xmas, but this xmas i just found that there was so many arseholes giving it large!!

thanks

sorry i havent been on this forum for a while cant find the hotel section, has anyone been to these hotels and could let me know the pros and cons..

another question as well, i know pattaya is busy all year round, but when is a quieter period to go?

i have been 6 times to pattaya now but always go june and xmas, but this xmas i just found that there was so many arseholes giving it large!!

thanks

That cunning MM has disguised it and has listed it under Hotel & Accommodation Questions

Numpty :D :D

That cunning MM has disguised it and has listed it under Hotel & Accommodation Questions

Numpty :allright :banghead

Give the guy a break, it's disturbing for him to be only drawing at Swansea.

Hotel Reviews

Hotels Forum..

thanks

Mark,I Just got back yesterday from Los/Funtown and spent 8 nights at Pasadena Lodge.I couldn't find a fault with the place to be honest.I normally stay at Metro Apartments but they were fully booked so i opted for Pasadena Lodge which is in the same area(Soi LK Metro).One thing about Pasadena Lodge is that their rooms seem to be slightly more expensive than most of the places in Soi Lk Metro.I booked a standard room which was 800 Baht per night.The room was on the small side but clean and had the Usual in room Safe/TV/DVD player.Bathroom on the small side but good enough imo,shower was powerful and water always hot.It is Guest friendly(No joiner fee unless you have more than 1 guest),The reception do ask that your TG leaves her I.D at reception. Pasadena have 4 different type rooms.Deluxe/Superior/Class-Room and Standard.Rates are Low season 1200/1000/800/700 and High Season 1500/1200/1000/800.Although as i say it's not my first choice i'd definitely consider staying their again.Here's a few Photos that i took of my room upon arrival.

Pasadena_Lodge3_800x600.jpg

Pasadena_Lodge8_800x600.jpg

Pasadena_Lodge9_800x600.jpg

Pasadena_Lodge10_800x600.jpg

Pasadena_Lodge1_800x600.jpg

Pasadena_Lodge6_800x600.jpg

Pasadena_Lodge5_800x600.jpg

Pasadena_Lodge4_800x600.jpg

The Druid.

Edited by THE_DRUID

I was also wondering about the Pasadena Lodge also Druid! :unsure: Thanks sharing your experiences from your visit there! :D It looks like a nice place to stay in. In an area (LK Metro) that I really enjoy! :rolleyes:

Room looks very small for 800 Baht/Night.

Better options available on the Soi but as you say, useful if other places are full.

IMO , its the the only place id stay on that SOI, the rooms are on the small side however, its Lodged away in the corner of the Soi so very little noise, the furnishings and fixtures are modern and its a Hotel not a bar with some rooms above it, so you get dedicated cleaning staff , dont have to walk through a bar full of drunks to get to your room, dont have to put up with the noise from downstairs. Also it has a lift so your not walking up and down stairs all the time.

Have stayed there twice and quite like it however you need to get at least a superior room , so for the price you can stay at an Areca Lodge, Sabai Inn , Pattay bay resort etc a resort like Hotel for about 200 baht a night extra which IMO is better value.

Edited by nus01
Room looks very small for 800 Baht/Night.

Better options available on the Soi but as you say, useful if other places are full.

It would be sheer madness to pay 800 baht for such a tiny room in an out of the way location especially since it does not have a pool.

IMO , its the the only place id stay on that SOI, the rooms are on the small side however, its Lodged away in the corner of the Soi so very little noise, the furnishings and fixtures are modern and its a Hotel not a bar with some rooms above it, so you get dedicated cleaning staff , dont have to walk through a bar full of drunks to get to your room, dont have to put up with the noise from downstairs. Also it has a lift so your not walking up and down stairs all the time.

Have stayed there twice and quite like it however you need to get at least a superior room , so for the price you can stay at an Areca Lodge, Sabai Inn , Pattay bay resort etc a resort like Hotel for about 200 baht a night extra which IMO is better value.

I regularly stay at various Guesthouses on LK and the noise never bothers me because it has always finished by the time I go to bed and I am a heavy sleeper anyway especially after a keg of beer.

All the guesthouses I've stayed at have had dedicated cleaning Staff.

Same same modern furnishings.

Not bothered about having to walk through a bar full of Drunks because I am one Myself.

I can see how the lift would be advantageous to some but for me I dont need it and a few flights of stairs is good exercise.

Sabai Lodge on Soi 2 has many ground floor rooms, is well located in a reasonably quiet area and has several swimming pools............. 800 Baht!

I haven't stayed at Pasedena but I have stayed at Billabong.

I would say Pasadena has nicer looking rooms but way smaller.

For 700 you can get a bigger room at Billabong but only complaint is the thai style bathroom where your shower wets everything.

thanks

The quietest period to go is OCTOBER by far

You will get rain but will be spoilt for choice as far as Thai Girls are concerned .. you might not get a tan but plenty of wam bam thank you mam... :allright

sorry about the pun I could'nt resist it

I stayed at Pasadena Lodge for 3 days back in March 2009. GREAT place. It was kinda small but since I did not bring my tennis racket with me there was no need for the room (or any other hotel room that I stayed at) to be that big anyways.

Everything is state-of-the-art top notch. And at only 800? great price.

Location.... well its right next to Lolitas among a few other bars and agogos. So if you have a ST or LT with one of the girls on that strip of bars it will make it very akward walking passed that area with another girl on your way back to Pasadena Lodge. There were times when my chick was at the salon I wanted to sneak off and get a knob shine at Lolitas but I knew it would cause a problem later on.

Never stayed at billabong hotel though.

If there are any hotels you guys can think of that are just as nice, have a pool etc etc. for 800 baht PLEASE let us know.

Papillion

I have been past the Sabai Lodge many times and thought that it would be expensive. I am surprised at the rates you quoted. Is it joiner friendly?

Papillion

I have been past the Sabai Lodge many times and thought that it would be expensive. I am surprised at the rates you quoted. Is it joiner friendly?

Sabai Lodge Rooms are from 800 Baht (Promotion rates Feb 1st to March 31st) and 700 Baht (Promotion rates April 1st to September 30th).Normally their cheapest rooms are 1150 baht Low Season, 1350 Baht High Season and 1550 Baht Peak Season. The Promo rates look a 'steal'.I've never stayed there but it looks good.

http://www.sabailodge.co.th/index1.html

I have recently booked at the Pasadena Lodge and judging by these photos and what has been said I'm going to enjoy it. My mate swears by the place and stays there every time he's in PTY.

I have stayed at the Pasadena Lodge and my only complaint was that in my room the shower water went from cold to super hot to cold.... and was impossible to regulate.

The room was a bit small but a very comfy bed for two and a room safe.

The owner is a grumpy Belgian but his staff is nice - and he doesn't matter. :)

I have stayed at the Pasadena Lodge and my only complaint was that in my room the shower water went from cold to super hot to cold.... and was impossible to regulate.

The room was a bit small but a very comfy bed for two and a room safe.

The owner is a grumpy Belgian but his staff is nice - and he doesn't matter. :)

I never met the owner but agree the staff(receptionist/housekeepers/Security) are all very pleasant.I may be wrong but i'm sure the Hotel may be owned by the same guy that owns (Papagayo Coyote bar) on Soi Diana at the back of the arcade.I noticed when i was passing by that Papagayo had some advertising for PL as a place to stay.

Papillion

Yes, Joiner friendly. Have the TG leave her ID at reception.......... or not........ up to you. You can access many of the rooms without passing through the reception lobby so it's good if you want to sneak in a couple of Ladyboys :(

Thanks very much people for advice!...i think i am 100% going to pick the pasadena over the billabong...

the only reason i want to choose the billabong really was for the balcony....but from pictures and comments i dont think the rooms are very good...also in a way i like how the pasadena how the pasadena doesnt have a bar because that means i will have to explore more bars rather than spending hours in the hotel bars...

i am going to pattaya this year, can anyone let me know what pattaya is like in august????? i know its busy all year round....

i love pattaya but when i was there at xmas i was really sick of the 'ibiza crowd' that were getting in, i hope to god these are not there at august.

Thanks very much people for advice!...i think i am 100% going to pick the pasadena over the billabong...

the only reason i want to choose the billabong really was for the balcony....but from pictures and comments i dont think the rooms are very good...also in a way i like how the pasadena how the pasadena doesnt have a bar because that means i will have to explore more bars rather than spending hours in the hotel bars...

i am going to pattaya this year, can anyone let me know what pattaya is like in august????? i know its busy all year round....

i love pattaya but when i was there at xmas i was really sick of the 'ibiza crowd' that were getting in, i hope to god these are not there at august.

Nah, they will be in Magaluf & Ibiza at that time.

That doesn't mean that Barry Lager & his arsehole chums won't be around though.

I can't comment on the Pasadena, but I stayed in the Thai Archer a couple of years ago and thought it was fine. The room was very similar to the one in Pasadena photo, maybe a bit bigger. Nice friendly staff, a good little bar that didn't go large, a balcony that overlooked Lolitas and a side door off the alley for slipping the lady boy in :D 1luv I did take a couple of the girls out of the bar, one was a 3 holer and very good looking. The other one was good looking but, got pissed and a bit stroppy, she was also velly smelly down below. she got snarky when I bought another BG through, so I told the other girls that she 'smell like fish sauce' She didn't bother me again. But I digress.

I'm fairly sure it was 750bht pn. If it has'nt gone down hill I'd stay there again, I quite liked staying in Lk Metro, it's kind of a little world of it's own.

Pasadena has a lift where Billabong doesn't. Billabong's rooms are generally bigger and have all the facilities and are kept clean. Pasadena doesn't have a bar so is a little quieter. Billabong has a friendly corner bar which is good to meet people or watch the passing parade of an afternoon and has 30 or so lovely ladies, has a restaurant with great breakfasts and coffees. In short, Pasadena is a little dearer Billabong a little cheaper. Have a look and see for yourself at Billabong Hotel.

Cheers

Greg

P.S. The beers are colder at the Billabong.

post-20391-1267085167.jpg

post-20391-1267085195.jpg

The Pasadena is way overpriced for what it is - delusions of grandeur if you ask me. For that kind of money go stay at the Lek Hotel on 2nd Ave opposite Tim Bar. It has a great pool, right near the beach, a buffet breakfast that is cheap, all mod cons including a proper shower that doesn't drench the rest of the room and it is a short walk up Soi Diane to LK.

850b a night but be sure to book well in advance they fill up.

I have just returned from staying in LK and I stayed at the Kilkenny. Australian owned by a really nice guy called Ron. 600b a night for the smallest room which was not small at all. Excellent and would stay there again. Pasadena Lodge right opposite on that inside corner. On the other side is the Billabong. I checked out the Billabong and it was a complete joke. The room I saw was awful. Just happened to be inspecting it with another guy - complete coincidence - we both looked at each other and laughed when we heard the price - 800b with a straight face.

Forget the Billabong, if you are flush with cash go to the Lek or just go to the Kilkenny.

I also stayed at the Sawasdee Sabai on soi 10 just around the corner - between 480 to 520 per night, smaller than Kilkenny and a ton of stairs. Free breakfast (if you can stomach it). Not a bad place if you want cheap and quiet.

Just up Soi Lengkee there is the Valentine Guesthouse. Not bad at all and again about 500 a night. Terriffic breakfast there. Everything I have mentioned is within easy striking distance of LK Metro and surrounded by tons of places to buy food, change money etc.

Good luck have fun - there is no bad time to go to Pattaya, just stay away from Angeles City. I left Patts to go to AC for a week to see what it was like and it SUCKED. I got sick there and I am on my 3rd week off work at home with the lurgy. AC is so downmarket from Pattaya it is undescribable. Very business like, lots of pay up front for 'fun and run". Horrible place.

Stick with Pattaya.