Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

pasadena lodge or billabong hotel (soi lk)

just stay away from Angeles City. I left Patts to go to AC for a week to see what it was like and it SUCKED. I got sick there and I am on my 3rd week off work at home with the lurgy. AC is so downmarket from Pattaya it is undescribable. Very business like, lots of pay up front for 'fun and run". Horrible place.

Stick with Pattaya.

AC ROCKS!

AC.gif

AC ROCKS!

What rocks?

The agressive beggers and street vendors or the pay up front without any idea how the girl is going to be back in loom - maybe it it the mythical ability to speak English, I know it the filthy air that is hardly breathable.

Yes I guess it does rock.

Tell you what, you can have my share I'll stick with Pattaya.

Each to his own.

What rocks?

The agressive beggers and street vendors or the pay up front without any idea how the girl is going to be back in loom - maybe it it the mythical ability to speak English, I know it the filthy air that is hardly breathable.

Yes I guess it does rock.

Tell you what, you can have my share I'll stick with Pattaya.

Each to his own.

Great i'll take your share no problem.Different strokes and all that.Hope you didn't trip on the stairs and bump your head :eyecrazy when you arrived at NAIA.You obviously had a 'bad experience' all round and blame it all on Balibago :D ,but that's your perogative or are you one of those people who turned up thinking that AC was a 'little piece of Los?'From my experience GFE is far more in abundance in AC than in Los,but that's JMHO.BTW i like Pattaya too and will take your share of Funtown too,being the greedy monger i am :D .YMMV in both places whether you pay up front or not,just try short changing a TG for services rendered next time your in Funtown and see her reaction.

i have stayed in red 5, metro, pasadena lodge, billabong and kilkenny. imo all were ok except billabong. my room there was d-2, it was very dingy and the hot water broke down and had to be replaced which took several days. the girls at billabong were great, very friendly and easy to talk with but i definitely would never stay there again. in fact, it was so bad i left one week early. on the other hand pasadena lodge was very good, overall i usually like guesthouses better but i amy change my mind after my experience at billabong. these are all just my opinion so take it for what you think its worth. :clap1 :D

I stayed at Passedena Lodge 3 christmases ago; I had one of the ?delux? large rooma at the front of the hotel with a large balcony. Liked it, although there was some noise from the bars and their endles parties over the festive seaon.

Two things I didn't like - but which might have been changed..... there was no SECURITY LOCK on the door - once you were in the room you had to press that button on the door handle, but there was no chain or similar..... and there was no PHONE in the room - not even an internal one. I had a visit one afternoon from a couple of girls (together, obviously!) and the first thing I knew was when they knocked on the door. Fortunately I was alone....

As far as I'm concerned, if these have been changed I'd stay there again if I couldn't get into my usual place.

I stayed at Passedena Lodge 3 christmases ago; I had one of the ?delux? large rooma at the front of the hotel with a large balcony. Liked it, although there was some noise from the bars and their endles parties over the festive seaon.

Two things I didn't like - but which might have been changed..... there was no SECURITY LOCK on the door - once you were in the room you had to press that button on the door handle, but there was no chain or similar..... and there was no PHONE in the room - not even an internal one. I had a visit one afternoon from a couple of girls (together, obviously!) and the first thing I knew was when they knocked on the door. Fortunately I was alone....

As far as I'm concerned, if these have been changed I'd stay there again if I couldn't get into my usual place.

They now have phones in the room, but no chain on the door,they have the 'press the button' locking system still.

Ta.

Still not sure how i feel about not having that extra line of defence.... :allright

You mean like Chelsea this afternoon..Sorry couldn't resist that one..Anyway it wasn't a problem for me when i stayed there February..Just make sure you press the button to lock the door.They have a security guard on all night too.Security at PL didn't seem a problem .

• 3 weeks later...

Pasadena Lodge is a newly opened hotel with unique style bringing you great holiday experiences at affordable prices. While the Billabong Hotel is a haven of tranquility and peace. But for me, is up to you if what is the most comfortable place wher you can stay.

Try the Irish Rovers Hotel next to the Pasedena Lodge! Has a Bar and a better atmosphere than any of the other two! info@the-irish-rovers.com

You will need to book early as possible as it tends to fill up quickly!

I thought the OP was asking about The Pasadena and The Billabong? :D :clueless :unsure:

I thought the OP was asking about The Pasadena and The Billabong? :dhorse :dhorse :dhorse

Pasadena has a lift, but the AC is done by key card (can't be taken off the key ring)

The best room is nice, has a balcony and done in a Japanese style. (1200 Baht in low season)

Has WIFI and a safe, king size bed and a nice shower/toilet area.

I got many +++ remarks from the TG's I took there (never an issue at the desk)

Try the Irish Rovers Hotel next to the Pasedena Lodge! Has a Bar and a better atmosphere than any of the other two! info@the-irish-rovers.com

You will need to book early as possible as it tends to fill up quickly!

This post was posted my me former co-owner of the Irish Rovers and not the Rovers!

Pc automatically posted under Irish rovers, check out the reviews under the hotel section!

I was giving an alternative to PL and Billabong i have nothing to benefit from this anymore, just a great place to stay that's all!

I am staying at the Irish Rovers over the Christmas holidays. I have stayed at the Pasadena Lodge as I posted above. I see nothing wrong with adding opinions to other lodging on the soi to broaden the awareness of the OP and other readers of this thread. It allows for comparison and knowledge of multiple options.

It is like saying to the OP, I think you may be disappointed with A or B but here is C to consider.