Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattaya Beer Garden introduces Bar Fines

"What, no freelancers!!!!", I hear people say. Well, yes the Beer Garden does have freelancers and quite a few of them however they rarely turn up before 9pm. Those that do come early rarely find a farang to hook up with so they stop coming in early. A vicious circle really.

In the past we have run successful promotions aimed at getting the girls in early. They work, insofar as the girls turn up but as they still don't find any action they soon get bored with it and revert to turning up later. To combat this we are launching a new Friday promotion this week aimed at both sides of the problem.

For the girls we will be offering free drinks (yes free) between 4pm and 9 pm on Friday nights. This offer is for unaccompanied girls sitting at either of the two bars.

For the guys we are offering Bar Fines between these times.

Bar Fines may not sound like much of a promotion but the BIG DIFFERENCE is that WE will pay YOU the bar fine. If you hook up with a freelancer in the Beer Garden between 4 pm and 9 pm on Friday nights, WE will pay YOU a 200 baht bar fine. The 200 baht will be credited to your bill, so that's 3 or 4 extra beers for free.

To accommodate this we have appointed Ae as Mamasan. If you want to bar fine a girl, just ask your server and she will bring over Mamasan Ae to sort things out for you. Ae will add the 200 baht credit to your bill.

What happens after WE pay YOUR bar fine is as always in Pattaya between you and the girl. We expect you to leave with her but after that you'll need to figure out what happens, yourself.

If you do not use the full 200 baht credit, we will not pay it back in cash. You need to spend it or lose it. You can use it on any of our food or drink products.

So, the girls drink free and the guys get paid 200 baht for picking up a girl. That has to be a good deal. If it works well on Fridays we may introduce it as a nightly promotion but with shorter hours. You'll hear about it here if we do.

fl1.jpg

Am I missing something? You will effectively pay me (in food or beer) to take a freelancer who may be well oiled and frisky on your money, and remove her from the bar for whatever?

This must be the greatest deal in history.

You are a great businessman and I am sure you giveaway plan will work, and wow, if it does it could be a new model for Pattaya.

Good luck, fantastic idea.

interesting idea,but you will leave yourself open to abuse, mostly from the sub species, and their offshoots...the balloon chasers.

i can see people setting up the barfine, eating/drinking the 200bt away and leaving alone, it wouldnt be hard to say to a girl, go in there sit down and drink for free, and when i come in come sit with me.

Boom the girl drinks for free, i get a free meal or a few free drinks and then i decide not to take the girl and off i go, fed and watered.

nice idea but really open for abuse.

You are right of course agogogaran and people could abuse the promotion.

I have been involved with hundreds of promotions over my working life many of which were open to similar abuse. The nice thing is that people that abuse these sort of promotions are in a very small minority. Many business owners are scared to run promotions for fear of such abuse. It's a very minor issue and really should not be of concern.

You may not believe it but most people have a good heart and are completely honest. The few ratbags out there have never diminished my belief in the basic goodness of most people.

You are right of course agogogaran and people could abuse the promotion.

I have been involved with hundreds of promotions over my working life many of which were open to similar abuse. The nice thing is that people that abuse these sort of promotions are in a very small minority. Many business owners are scared to run promotions for fear of such abuse. It's a very minor issue and really should not be of concern.

You may not believe it but most people have a good heart and are completely honest. The few ratbags out there have never diminished my belief in the basic goodness of most people.

i do belive that the majority of people out there are generally good, and wish you the best of luck, i'll even be in on sunday for a drink.

I'm sure that a man of your stature will spot the shabby forkers coming in, especially if they are serial chasers.

just wondering, does the free drinks for the girls inclue spirits/beer etc etc or only soft drinks, is there a limit?

i do belive that the majority of people out there are generally good, and wish you the best of luck, i'll even be in on sunday for a drink.

I'm sure that a man of your stature will spot the shabby forkers coming in, especially if they are serial chasers.

just wondering, does the free drinks for the girls inclue spirits/beer etc etc or only soft drinks, is there a limit?

We are promoting to the girls with flyers which set out the full details. Bottled beer, draft beer and Spy Wine cooler as well as soft drinks and a maximum of three per girl per night.

flyer.jpg

flyer.jpg

We are promoting to the girls with flyers which set out the full details. Bottled beer, draft beer and Spy Wine cooler as well as soft drinks and a maximum of three per girl per night.

post-407-1266399148.jpg

all the best for ya, it does take a certain amount of balls to stick a promotion like that, i'm sure once the word gets out it will be popular.

I'll pop in sunday and say hi

cheers

G

Damn! I was hoping the girls where gonna start barfining us. :D(

All kidding aside, great idea. In all promotions there will be some who take advantage or try to scam. That does not mean they don't work, it's just the cost of doing business.

Can't wait to try it out next month.

"What, no freelancers!!!!", I hear people say. Well, yes the Beer Garden does have freelancers and quite a few of them however they rarely turn up before 9pm. Those that do come early rarely find a farang to hook up with so they stop coming in early. A vicious circle really.

In the past we have run successful promotions aimed at getting the girls in early. They work, insofar as the girls turn up but as they still don't find any action they soon get bored with it and revert to turning up later. To combat this we are launching a new Friday promotion this week aimed at both sides of the problem.

For the girls we will be offering free drinks (yes free) between 4pm and 9 pm on Friday nights. This offer is for unaccompanied girls sitting at either of the two bars.

For the guys we are offering Bar Fines between these times.

Bar Fines may not sound like much of a promotion but the BIG DIFFERENCE is that WE will pay YOU the bar fine. If you hook up with a freelancer in the Beer Garden between 4 pm and 9 pm on Friday nights, WE will pay YOU a 200 baht bar fine. The 200 baht will be credited to your bill, so that's 3 or 4 extra beers for free.

To accommodate this we have appointed Ae as Mamasan. If you want to bar fine a girl, just ask your server and she will bring over Mamasan Ae to sort things out for you. Ae will add the 200 baht credit to your bill.

What happens after WE pay YOUR bar fine is as always in Pattaya between you and the girl. We expect you to leave with her but after that you'll need to figure out what happens, yourself.

If you do not use the full 200 baht credit, we will not pay it back in cash. You need to spend it or lose it. You can use it on any of our food or drink products.

So, the girls drink free and the guys get paid 200 baht for picking up a girl. That has to be a good deal. If it works well on Fridays we may introduce it as a nightly promotion but with shorter hours. You'll hear about it here if we do.

fl1.jpg

Sounds to good to be true, however I am sure that it is well intentioned.

So I am mentally visualizing the scenario.................................

I hit the Beer Garden at 7 pm on a Friday night. I buy a beer, have a look around, and see a girl I like the look of (maybe the girl on the far left here) There are plenty to chose from at this point as they are drinking for free and their presence is not costing them anything, they are basically freelancing and drinking for free. Are they allowed to order beers and spirits during this time and is there a quota on how many drinks they are able to consume ???

OK so far so good with one question flagged up there

So, I call the girl over and spend a little time with her, I order a drink for her, which goes on my bill and another for myself. She then agrees to leave with me for a specified period of time and we may or may not discuss financial arrangements for her time. I call over Ae and tell her that I wish to bar fine the lady in question. Ae will then add 200 baht credit to my bill. I decide that I am now hungry to place my love dagger into the girl or recite poetry in my room to her (whichever) :D

So my adjusted bill arrives and for arguments sake it is

140 baht for my 2 beers

80 baht for the Lady's drink

minus 200 baht

That leave me paying 20 baht plus a tip.

Is that correct ?????

Well,. the girl is good, and I decide to keep her for a few days, maybe a week. I pop in to the Beer Garden maybe a few times with her and and buy her and myslef a few drinks.

or another scenario

I keep her for 2 weeks, never return to the bar. One girl less in the bar, 3k baht saved for me on daily bar fines.

Just a few thoughts

Cheers

P

Edited by Mr Pastry

Good idear Pete,there may be one or two who abuse your promotion,but generally if you treat your customers well

they will come back for return visits.I was in business nearly 40 years and did lots of promotions it cost me plenty.

But the good will it gains lasts a long time.I wish you good luck in your venture & see you in march.

Imaginative and brave are the words that spring to mind!

However, speaking as someone who can usually find a negative slant on things, I hope this promo is not going to be funded by a general increase in food and booze prices.

Imaginative and brave are the words that spring to mind!

However, speaking as someone who can usually find a negative slant on things, I hope this promo is not going to be funded by a general increase in food and booze prices.

I gave a guarantee in January last year that we would not raise liquor prices for 1 year. Well that year is now up but the good news is we will still not be raising prices for the foreseeable future.

We adjusted a few food prices in November last year but the changes were minor and mainly about getting a better class of steak. As with liquor I have no plans to raise food prices at all this year.

I gave a guarantee in January last year that we would not raise liquor prices for 1 year. Well that year is now up but the good news is we will still not be raising prices for the foreseeable future.

We adjusted a few food prices in November last year but the changes were minor and mainly about getting a better class of steak. As with liquor I have no plans to raise food prices at all this year.

Great to hear that Pete as I usually visit the Beer Garden every day, but it is for the food and to chill out, not for the FLs.

Pete,

So how did the promotion go? Enquiring minds want to know........

Zeus

I'd rate it a mild success Zeus. We had a few ladies in just after 4 pm. About 5 pm 4 absolute stunners arrived, had their drinks and left without anyone approaching them. By 7 pm we had far more ladies than usual and by 9 pm things were really rocking.

Over all lots of free drinks for the girls and 5 bar fines for the guys. Of course I want far more but we only started promoting 2 days before the event. These things take time to really take off. The key is word of mouth amongst the girls and more horny guys. The girls side worked well and will only get better. The guys will need more time but I'll keep plugging away.