Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Staggered that anyone can say the PBR is noisy. I have stayed there twice, the most recent occasion only last month and a top selling point of the hotel is it is very quiet at night. This comment was also made by two of the ladies i took back there.

Did they charge you 500THB for the extra girl I see they say that they do.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have stayed at the Sabai Lodge, Ruen Thai room which i found very nice and the Sabai Wing which was also nice.

I spent 3 weeks at the PBR last summer. I enjoyed the pool, the breakfast ( when i was up in time ) and the overall facilities, but I agree,

the walls are thin and the hallway can be noisy. On the other hand, if you don't have an inconsiderate prick in the next room that blasts the TV and talks at

above average volume, then it is one of the best hotels for the $$ IMO.

I have stayed at the Sabai Lodge, Ruen Thai room which i found very nice and the Sabai Wing which was also nice.

I spent 3 weeks at the PBR last summer. I enjoyed the pool, the breakfast ( when i was up in time ) and the overall facilities, but I agree,

the walls are thin and the hallway can be noisy. On the other hand, if you don't have an inconsiderate prick in the next room that blasts the TV and talks at

above average volume, then it is one of the best hotels for the $$ IMO.

The standard of workmanship leaves a lot to be desired in which ever hotel one stays in.

Christchurch? Emirates not available from Auckland unfortunately! Have a good trip! :yikes:

I fly from Ch Ch,but have also flown from Auck,seems funny that they don't fly from Auck,are you sure,I shall go and look at once.

I fly from Ch Ch,but have also flown from Auck,seems funny that they don't fly from Auck,are you sure,I shall go and look at once.

Strange buggers I must say,they say of my request to fly from Auck,unable to give a price,please try again,which I did 4 times and got same answer,if no flight why don't they say?

Strange buggers I must say,they say of my request to fly from Auck,unable to give a price,please try again,which I did 4 times and got same answer,if no flight why don't they say?

They stopped the Auck/Bang service suddenly about 18 months ago for no apparent reason as they still have about 3 flights a day to Sydney!

They stopped the Auck/Bang service suddenly about 18 months ago for no apparent reason as they still have about 3 flights a day to Sydney!

I would fly Singapore if they were not $700 more than Emirates.

So it's via Ch Ch if you want to go Emirates?

Mission Bay is in Auck,is it not?

A bit Mickey Mouse for this Westie.

Out of interest how much was your fare for May, we have been looking also at May, but cheapest ex Auckland, is with Royal Brunei at $1195, which is the same flight we used last Nov and May for a price of $699 and $879 respectively.

Also where do you usually stay in Pattaya, as I presume 18,000 bht is a Monthly rate. Would have used PM but yours is showing "Disabled"!

Out of interest how much was your fare for May, we have been looking also at May, but cheapest ex Auckland, is with Royal Brunei at $1195, which is the same flight we used last Nov and May for a price of $699 and $879 respectively.

Also where do you usually stay in Pattaya, as I presume 18,000 bht is a Monthly rate. Would have used PM but yours is showing "Disabled"!

Sorry about cock up.

$1250 via Emirates.

PBR is the hotel,it's 1500 plus water and electricity.

Brunei is always the cheapest,with I believe the cheapest service.

Where is PM setting,can't for the life of me see it in the CP?

I'm still not very PC clever, any other members please advise!

Click on your own name in top left corner.

Look very near the bottom of the column on the left of the page that comes up and you will see "send message". Click on it.

• 3 weeks later...

This Sabai group looks pretty relaxing. I'm in the process of planning my first trip to Thailand, so I have no idea what to expect of these hotels other than what I see in the pictures and your reviews. Can anyone tell me if the beds at these Sabai Resort and Sabai Lodge are soft or hard? I can't sleep well on a hard bed, and prefer softer beds. How about the beds at the Pattaya Bay Resort? At Sabai Resort, they have an advertised rate of 950bt, is that a decent enough room, or is it crap? I'm assuming they would give you a Superior Room as that seems to be the cheapest? Would it be best to book online or call in? Do they have a breakfast buffet and how much?

• 2 weeks later...
This Sabai group looks pretty relaxing. I'm in the process of planning my first trip to Thailand, so I have no idea what to expect of these hotels other than what I see in the pictures and your reviews. Can anyone tell me if the beds at these Sabai Resort and Sabai Lodge are soft or hard? I can't sleep well on a hard bed, and prefer softer beds. How about the beds at the Pattaya Bay Resort? At Sabai Resort, they have an advertised rate of 950bt, is that a decent enough room, or is it crap? I'm assuming they would give you a Superior Room as that seems to be the cheapest? Would it be best to book online or call in? Do they have a breakfast buffet and how much?

I've stayed at both, most recently at the Sabai Resort (superior room) in November. SR's superior rooms are small but adequate and well maintained. Can't recall what the beds were like. Always try and get a room on the pool/garden side as the BIG C side can get noisy with mopeds blasting up and down at all hours. PBR's rooms are better but the SR's pools (there's 3) are excellent and great just for relaxing by - way better than the PBR's rooftop job. Don't bother with the breakfast at SR but the rest of the menu is fine. I prefer the SR but if the pool isn't important then I would stay at the PBR.

I just send them an email and they confirm the dates. Never been asked for a deposit.

Edited by Lex
I've stayed at both, most recently at the Sabai Resort (superior room) in November. SR's superior rooms are small but adequate and well maintained. Can't recall what the beds were like. Always try and get a room on the pool/garden side as the BIG C side can get noisy with mopeds blasting up and down at all hours. PBR's rooms are better but the SR's pools (there's 3) are excellent and great just for relaxing by - way better than the PBR's rooftop job. Don't bother with the breakfast at SR but the rest of the menu is fine. I prefer the SR but if the pool isn't important then I would stay at the PBR.

I just send them an email and they confirm the dates. Never been asked for a deposit.

Thanks man, was waiting for someone to reply to this. So what do you think about the Sabai in terms of value compared to others around that price point. They have rooms for 950baht/night. Also, the Sabai Empress does look pretty good too, they have rooms for 1250.

Thanks man, was waiting for someone to reply to this. So what do you think about the Sabai in terms of value compared to others around that price point. They have rooms for 950baht/night. Also, the Sabai Empress does look pretty good too, they have rooms for 1250.

If I was heading out now I would stay there for 950 a night, it was about that when I first stayed there in 2005 and I thought it was good value then. I think the Areca Lodge is better all round but you need to book that early and the SR is more laid back. Next time I'm out I may give the Empress a try, might even book a corner room a try so I can hook my PS3 up to the LCD TV instead of bringing a laptop (the empress has wifi in the rooms, the resort only has it in the lobby area). But I would still use the pool at the resort - assuming that you can with it being part of the same group??? - it would only be a 5 minute walk (and a dice with death crossing 2nd road!). I would be interested to hear from anyone who has stayed at the Empress recently.