Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

:D can anyone tell me which airlines give a 30kg baggage allowance on joining their frequent flyer programmes :beer

scotty :beer

Qatar did when I joined a couple of years ago, not sure if they still do it.

:beer can anyone tell me which airlines give a 30kg baggage allowance on joining their frequent flyer programmes :beer

scotty :beer

There is this amazing new website called This is a Search Engine that can tell you almost anything you want.

Of course you could wait and let me people give you random information and then search yourself. :D

Qatar did when I joined a couple of years ago, not sure if they still do it.

Qatar offered 30 kg on attaining burgundy level in their FF programme. You can only achieve that after having made your first flight - you have temporary membership (and 20 kg baggage allowance) up until that point.

FWIW, Oman Air offers 30 kg to all economy class pax.

Edited by CheshireTom

Kenya airways gives 30kg. They are also partners with KLM and AF so I gain miles with Kenya but will spend them with KLM when I need to go to Blighty..

Another thing to be wary of is that some airlines now have a 20Kg limit per suitcase so ask in advance..don't wait untill check in!!!..Last time out of swampy I saw a small group of people ( 6 or 7) piling clothes and shoes onto one of those plastic wrapping machines to lighten their suitcases!! :rolleyes:

From my experience of handling baggage ex E.K.

30k would be carry on stuff. As most of it had a trans Atlantic connection, that was 2x 30kg bags for each passenger, and they always had a kilo or two over the top.

The bags began their journey in India or Pakistan, so a few Rupees may have changed hands at check in to show them at 30k.

:allright Which ones?

...The last time I flew with them Emirates they didn't allow suitcases over 20kg if transiting Dubai...( Pretty much all flights then!!) ...but you don't know untill you see the sign at the check in desk..I think Kenya is the same.. But I think it is easily overcome by a sweet smile rather than a rant...but it is best to check the rules in advance..

:rolleyes:

...The last time I flew with them Emirates they didn't allow suitcases over 20kg if transiting Dubai...( Pretty much all flights then!!) ...but you don't know untill you see the sign at the check in desk..I think Kenya is the same.. But I think it is easily overcome by a sweet smile rather than a rant...but it is best to check the rules in advance..

:rolleyes:

Emirates current rules are shown in post #9. 32 kg is the max per bag - much in line with EU legislation.

Emirates current rules are shown in post #9. 32 kg is the max per bag - much in line with EU legislation.

Yes mate..just read it...interesting...I can definately say the last time I flew with them there was a 20Kg limit per bag at check in...( for flights to Africa via Dubai) .Although that was a couple of years ago as I have since changed my allegiance to Kenya Airways for my flights to Africa..

Would be good to hear from somebody that is flying with them soon..for upto date feedback..