Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi guys coming 2 patts with too other friends in july/august second visit since 07 due to paying a bit more for air fare ,bloody school holidays deciding on maybe staying at the pattaya bay resort hotel they are offering internet deal in low season for 999 baht which seems a bargain.Have looked at there website and read some reviews and hotel looks great but my only slight concern is the location is it 2 far from the action , how far to on foot to walking street and is it near any baht bus routes also got another friend who is staying at the areca and i think it is not to far to walk to that hotel.Just need to know what you guys think about it before i go ahead and book Cheers

Hi guys coming 2 patts with too other friends in july/august second visit since 07 due to paying a bit more for air fare ,bloody school holidays deciding on maybe staying at the pattaya bay resort hotel they are offering internet deal in low season for 999 baht which seems a bargain.Have looked at there website and read some reviews and hotel looks great but my only slight concern is the location is it 2 far from the action , how far to on foot to walking street and is it near any baht bus routes also got another friend who is staying at the areca and i think it is not to far to walk to that hotel.Just need to know what you guys think about it before i go ahead and book Cheers

There are so many posts on the boards about PBR that I am beginning to suspect that the owner (? Kim) instigates them just to keep up the hotel's profile. The number of posts is totally disproportionate - I don't think any other hotel gets mentioned to anything like the extent that PBR does.

If you are genuinely asking this question, just use the search function for the info you need.

At 999 baht it is definetly not a bargain, many places better than it can be had for 700-800 in the same time period .... Villa panalee is 800 now in so called high season and will be 700 at the time you visit.... there are quite a few more in the same price range but you will have to find out where they are yourself.

Prices on the internet never seem to be as cheap as walk in rates.

I agree with Bazle that far too many threads get started to advertise the over-rated PBR, this is especially true on Addicts and to a lesser extent on Secrets.

i am also staying at pbr in july.in my opinion good hotel and good location.not too far from all areas.

The walls are very thin in the standard rooms and you can hear everything next door if you have loud neighbours. The deluxe rooms are better VFM imho.

As far as location goes, it's a short walk through the Avenue complex to 2nd Road and the back entrance of the Areca is in the same soi as PBR.

I agree with the other posters though - much better hotels for cheaper. Will try the Sabai Lodge in Soi 2 the next time I'm there I think or JP Court in Soi Lenki.

Hope this helps.

At 999 baht it is definetly not a bargain, many places better than it can be had for 700-800 in the same time period .... Villa panalee is 800 now in so called high season and will be 700 at the time you visit.... there are quite a few more in the same price range but you will have to find out where they are yourself.

Prices on the internet never seem to be as cheap as walk in rates.

I agree with Bazle that far too many threads get started to advertise the over-rated PBR, this is especially true on Addicts and to a lesser extent on Secrets.

I can't agree with you here, IMHO. I have stayed at the PBR the past 6 or 7 trips and will do again. The off season rate which will be in effect when the OP arrives is 999 baht and night with the 7th night free, making the daily charge 856 baht a night. You also get 2 breakfast each morning encluded. Newer hotel with again (IMHO) has a great staff. Never had a problem with the 'thin' walls.

Yes the walk is a little longer, but just go through the Avenues Mall and your at 2nd Road to catch a baht bus going towards the lower number Soi's or just walk down Soi 13 to Beach Road and catch a baht bus going to walking stree.

LeoTex

There are so many posts on the boards about PBR that I am beginning to suspect that the owner (? Kim) instigates them just to keep up the hotel's profile. The number of posts is totally disproportionate - I don't think any other hotel gets mentioned to anything like the extent that PBR does.

If you are genuinely asking this question, just use the search function for the info you need.

Is by far the best value in Patts/Jomtien,IMO.Kim,the manager,DOES NOT instigate fluffing on forums.In 5 stays there and having run across him in various parts of town,never a mention/hint of forums.It's mentioned so often BEACUSE it's a great value-nothing more.Why not stay a few days and see why instead of bashing a place you're not familiar with.

Stick to Angeles City posts-which are excellent.

Is by far the best value in Patts/Jomtien,IMO.Kim,the manager,DOES NOT instigate fluffing on forums.In 5 stays there and having run across him in various parts of town,never a mention/hint of forums.It's mentioned so often BEACUSE it's a great value-nothing more.Why not stay a few days and see why instead of bashing a place you're not familiar with.

Funny how some do go on about the thin walls.

I think I will stay there but am looking at The BJ Holiday Lodge at the mo,a bit out of the way but looks very nice.

Funny how some do go on about the thin walls.

I think I will stay there but am looking at The BJ Holiday Lodge at the mo,a bit out of the way but looks very nice.

Never heard any noise from adjacent rooms,w/ or w/o a/c on.I think location is great.

I like Resident Garden but the location for a 1st timer sucks.

Never heard any noise from adjacent rooms,w/ or w/o a/c on.I think location is great.

I like Resident Garden but the location for a 1st timer sucks.

At twice the price RD sho looks good.

Why do they mention it,if there is no problem?

Dunno, am there now for the 3rd time. Never had a noise problem.

edit; maybe I'm the noisy one. :unsure:

Edited by Big_Brian

Just as with your anti-Obama rants, you are confused and mistaken.

I HAVE stayed at PBR and would not stay there again because of the noise - thin walls, reverberating corridors and (for the room I was in) the gym immediately above.

I HAVE NEVER been to AC. I did go to PI many years ago and have no wish to go back there either.

I HAVE stayed at PBR and would not stay there again because of the noise - thin walls, reverberating corridors and (for the room I was in) the gym immediately above.

I HAVE NEVER been to AC. I did go to PI many years ago and have no wish to go back there either.

Have you noticed those girls have not covered their bottoms,this is the problem with PBR,the girls show no modesty

Guess I confused you with a poster with a SIMILAR name that posted excellent TR about PI.You didn't make it clear in your original post that you had actually stayed at PBR,just confused why so many had recommended it.I guess that's 2 places I won't run into you though.Since the gym was above you,did you think to ask for a room change since it was an issue?

AC beats LOS IMO,but each has it's plusses.

I confused you with Bazzap,so relax.

Edited by LTGTR

i have stayed there also. rooms are ok, small fitness room and rooftop pool about 3-4 feet deep. the location is ok but i think there are better options, keep searching....

i have stayed there also. rooms are ok, small fitness room and rooftop pool about 3-4 feet deep. the location is ok but i think there are better options, keep searching....

Much rather you told me which is the best,value for money etc.

Looking at this place,just a bit pricey for me,they don't want to negotiate.

http://www.bjpattaya.com/02_room.htm#

I can't agree with you here, IMHO. I have stayed at the PBR the past 6 or 7 trips and will do again. The off season rate which will be in effect when the OP arrives is 999 baht and night with the 7th night free, making the daily charge 856 baht a night. You also get 2 breakfast each morning encluded. Newer hotel with again (IMHO) has a great staff. Never had a problem with the 'thin' walls.

LeoTex

Where did you find the 7th night free offer? Don't see it on their web site.

Where did you find the 7th night free offer? Don't see it on their web site.

It was there last year. Maybe they haven't put it up for the summer yet (or maybe they won't). They pretty much run at full capacity, so maybe they won't offer it this year. Either way, I will still stay there.