Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 243 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Thai Airways B777-300ER

Now that Thai are leasing 6 x 777-300ER from Jet Airways /Air India the first route to change from

747 is Paris (1.7.10) so would expect LHR also to change to 777-300ER soon.

I believe that Eva are now doing 777s from LHR so I expect they have to change to compete. Those old 747s were not a comfy ride.

Glyn.

Now that Thai are leasing 6 x 777-300ER from Jet Airways /Air India the first route to change from

747 is Paris (1.7.10) so would expect LHR also to change to 777-300ER soon.

I can only find 3 x 777-300ER from Jet that are earmarked for Paris and Tokyo by the looks of things.

As per 02APR10 GDS timetable display, THAI is introducing leased Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on Bangkok – Paris CDG route, effective 01JUN10. Service replace Boeing 747.

Effective 16JUL10, this route increases from 7 to 10 weekly, which extra service also operates with 777-300ER.

Schedule below:

TG930 BKK0005 – 0705CDG 77W D

TG932 BKK1130 – 1830CDG 77W 357 16JUL10-

TG931 CDG1340 – 0555+1BKK 77W D

TG933 CDG2030 – 1245+1BKK 77W 357 16JUL10-

AS per 02APR10 GDS timetable display, THAI’s leased Boeing 777-300ER aircraft from 01JUN10 operates Bangkok – Tokyo Narita TG676/677 service.
I believe that Eva are now doing 777s from LHR so I expect they have to change to compete. Those old 747s were not a comfy ride.

Glyn.

Eva have been using 777's for some years now, at least 4 from memory ?? The old 747 combis that Eva used to use I always thought were the dogs bollacks, especially the old evergreen deluxe class in the nose cone :rolleyes:

I can only find 3 x 777-300ER from Jet that are earmarked for Paris and Tokyo by the looks of things.

Indeed you are correct however Thai i understand are trying to take over an Air India order of 3 x 777300ER from Boeing. As is usual with Air India (Government) this can take time. If Thai can get an agreement with Air India i would expect one of the daily LHR-BKK flights to change as from October this year.

still like the 747 always seems roomier.
Yes, that seperate upstairs cabin is great now that they have stopped the big kids and the little kids traipsing through to view the cockpit.
Indeed you are correct however Thai i understand are trying to take over an Air India order of 3 x 777300ER from Boeing. As is usual with Air India (Government) this can take time. If Thai can get an agreement with Air India i would expect one of the daily LHR-BKK flights to change as from October this year.

It's a pity the Jet 777s aren't going on the LHR route. Their biz class cabin is the dog's bollocks compared to Thai's own offering.

I just wish Gordon Brown wasn't putting up the air taxes so I could afford to fly more often.

It's not the planes causing global warming by emissions its all the hot air from the politicians and too many having more kids

If you go to the WestEast web site and put in a flight from London to Bangkok it comes up for example as:-

Thai Airways in May

£310 for the actual ticket

BUT then add on £290 for the tax!!!

I can't see any justification for a tax hike/rip off/scam of 94%

If you go to the WestEast web site and put in a flight from London to Bangkok it comes up for example as:-

Thai Airways in May

£310 for the actual ticket

BUT then add on £290 for the tax!!!

I can't see any justification for a tax hike/rip off/scam of 94%

The actual tax (duty) is 65 quid - 50 quid outbound and just under 15 quid on the return.

The actual tax (duty) is 65 quid - 50 quid outbound and just under 15 quid on the return.

Then what are all the rest of the "taxes" amounting to £225? Would sure like to know the breakdown of it all.

Even this cut-and-paste from Thai's own web site (www.thaiairways.com)mentions "taxes" of £262.10

Travellers Flights Taxes

1 adult(s) x (406.00 + 262.10) = 668.10 GBP

total for all travellers 668.10 GBP

Then what are all the rest of the "taxes" amounting to £225? Would sure like to know the breakdown of it all.

Even this cut-and-paste from Thai's own web site (www.thaiairways.com)mentions "taxes" of £262.10

Travellers Flights Taxes

1 adult(s) x (406.00 + 262.10) = 668.10 GBP

total for all travellers 668.10 GBP

Click on Taxes and it gives you a breakdown as follows:

YQAC = Fuel Surcharge (Airline surcharge)

GBAD = UK Tax (APD)

UBAS = Passenger Service Charge (Airline surcharge)

TSLA = Thailand Tax (ADT)

YQAD = Airline Insurance Surcharge (Airline surcharge)

The reason the costs are broken down into "Fare" and "Taxes" is for accounting purposes - the agent selling the ticket only gets commission/discount on the "Fare" part of the price

Edited by CheshireTom
I just wish Gordon Brown wasn't putting up the air taxes so I could afford to fly more often.

It's not the planes causing global warming by emissions its all the hot air from the politicians and too many having more kids

It is being used as a PC way to collect more taxes.

I would think the effort would be better employed getting Air traffic control organised rather than having dozens of aircraft doing ballet up there waiting for their turn to land.

• 1 month later...