Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

VT6 Central Pattaya - SCAM ALERT!

Just confirming it was a scam for me as well as kleyshay.

The phone wasn't answered no response to emails.

I was coming anyway so turned up at the agreed time but as expected no-one there.

I went over the road and booked into the Golden beach hotel - it was aripoff at 1500Bht and pretty dismal. i stayed 1 night to recover from the flight and moved out.

I'm now in a place called Baan Sila on soi 11 next door to the Natural beach Hotel (same owner I think) opposite the Nautical Inn. cost is 999Bht per night although an extra 200bht during the bank holiday. Hotel seems fairly new or refurbished. Fairly quiet and girl friendly. Has a microwave in the room. Only downside is the shower has pretty poor water pressure. I'll probably move gain in a couple of days.

By the way anyone worrying about the UK FO advice not to come - I ignored them and glad of it. Absolutely no sign of problems in Pattaya.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beefos and Kleyshay, very sorry to hear of the predicament. Many many hotels to chose from so I'm sure it will work out. Kudos to both of you for alerting the BM's of this scam.

I think I fancy emailing the tool and doing a few dodgy bookings. Keep him answering emails for a while.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Scams abound here.......

Tops Supermarket parking, supposed to be free for up to an hour... but he wanted 30 baht when I drove out 45 minutes later. The ticket had me arriving 3 hours earlier than actual but leaving on time. Annoying......

Maybe just a long shot, but didn't the infamous Canadian scammer Harris Black have a room in VT6!? :banghead

As a matter of fact I saw him in Central Festivals Foodcourt next door just the other day! :beer

Plahgat

Just confirming it was a scam for me as well as kleyshay.

The phone wasn't answered no response to emails.

I was coming anyway so turned up at the agreed time but as expected no-one there.

I went over the road and booked into the Golden beach hotel - it was aripoff at 1500Bht and pretty dismal. i stayed 1 night to recover from the flight and moved out.

I'm now in a place called Baan Sila on soi 11 next door to the Natural beach Hotel (same owner I think) opposite the Nautical Inn. cost is 999Bht per night although an extra 200bht during the bank holiday. Hotel seems fairly new or refurbished. Fairly quiet and girl friendly. Has a microwave in the room. Only downside is the shower has pretty poor water pressure. I'll probably move gain in a couple of days.

By the way anyone worrying about the UK FO advice not to come - I ignored them and glad of it. Absolutely no sign of problems in Pattaya.

Yeah as expected then Beefos, at least you were prepared. Paypal refunded so no real harm done, just an incoveniance we could all do without. Dunno if you checked out the Flipper on soi 8, as they were still doing that "free nights" offer when I left. No idea the room rates though. Have a good one anyway.