Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

KINGFISHER AIRLINES

Skytrax must be kicking themselves now, marking kingfisher as a 5 star airline.

Just noticed now,after reading the airline quality website, that skytrax now have kingfishers 5 star rating, as " being under review".

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the end for this airline as i understand last nights flight into LHR has been impounded for late payment of fees.

As that was probably Kingfishers Premier route, as you say likely to be all over.

They were still coming up on Travel;supermarket for March departures when I briefly looked last week.

I would never use an airline run by Indians or Pakis, they cant do anything right and always its done as cheaply as possible,

I like the good spin they put on it by saying we are taking positive action by returning the Airbus to its lessor in the UK, where the reality is it appears it was impounded at Heathrow !

Kingfisher aircraft impounded at Heathrow

By Ian Taylor | Mar 14, 2012 08:06AM GMT

0 Comments and 1 Reaction

Struggling Indian carrier Kingfisher Airlines had an aircraft impounded at Heathrow last night after British Airways suspended its code-share agreement yesterday.

The heavily-indebted Kingfisher has been operating a reduced service and cancelling many flights.

A Heathrow spokesman confirmed this morning that a Kingfisher aircraft was impounded at the airport last night following a court order.

Referring to BA's decision to end its code-share agreeement, the UK carrier's regional commercial manager for South Asia Chris Fordyce said customers booked on Kingfisher flights that are still operating would be unaffected.

“Customers booked on cancelled services will be able to rebook to an alternate service where available or claim a full refund,” he said.

The BA code appeared on 11 Kingfisher domestic services and one route to Sri Lanka.

Airline association IATA has suspended Kingfisher for non-payment of dues and UK agents are advising clients booked to fly on Kingfisher in coming weeks to rebook with other airlines.

Kingfisher chairman Vijay Mallya admitted the carrier was struggling to maintain even a reduced service as pilots and other staff refuse to work without payment.

Mallya said: “We are doing the best we can under the circumstances.” The carrier reported operating 145 of 200 planned flights on Monday having previously cut its schedule by more than half.

The Indian finance ministry said it had no plans to extend fresh loans to the airline, which has a debt approaching £900 million. The State Bank of India is owed about £175 million.

It has been reported in India that BA parent IAG and Etihad Airways might take stakes in the carrier. However, the level of Kingfisher’s debt and restrictions on the size of stakes may rule this out, although IAG has previously identified Kingfisher as a potential target.

The Indian carrier had been due to join BA’s Oneworld alliance this month.

Mallya has said the airline needs an immediate cash injection of £160 million to survive. The Kingfisher chairman also heads India’s United Breweries and has said is considering selling part of the liquor group to raise cash.

I flew with Kingfisher once london to Bangkok, think it was 2010/2011. I would not use them again!!

Flight was ok, food nice, beer nice, enterainment - movies choice was poor and mostly old movies,the system kept freezing and having to start again and if i recall correctly when u picked ur movie it did not start playing from the beginning, just from whatever stage the movie was at. I must have watched aboutt 3/4 half movies before i gave up.

My main problem with them was they cancelled my flight on the way back (this is the only time/long haul airline that this has happened to me with), they emailed me to advise it was cancelled and i would be put on the same flight tomorrow. I don't really check my emails too much so when i found this email it was past the date i was to reply to them, so numerous phone calls to confirm i was on the flight the day after the flight i had initially booked.

This caused me to miss my connecting flight from London to Belfast and Kingfisher would not stump up the cash for the flight i had missed (due to them cancelling my flight from Thailand) or the new flight i had to book or the hotel in london for the night. So it cost me considerably more than it should, i could have went with another airline at the time and it would have worked out cheper than Kingfisher did because of these extra costs.

I only tried them as they were the cheapest, but for me its worth paying a bit more and going from Dublin instead of London.

I like the good spin they put on it by saying we are taking positive action by returning the Airbus to its lessor in the UK, where the reality is it appears it was impounded at Heathrow !

That was close enough perhaps! :D

Latest

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/308187/Kingfisher-flights-cut

KINGFISHER Airlines yesterday tumbled further into the mire yesterday after the struggling Indian carrier slashed overseas operations, including flights to London, and partner British Airways suspended their code-sharing agreement.

Debt-laden Kingfisher, owned by billionaire Vijay Mallya, said it had also returned an aircraft leased for use on its flagship Mumbai to London flight and came under fire from Indian regulators, who accused it of reneging on a turnaround plan agreed in January.

The directorate general of civil aviation said the situation could not be allowed to continue for long. In a further blow, the company also lost another director. Former tennis star Vijay Amritraj said he was quitting as a non-executive because of other commitments.