Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Bob's BBQ for sale

When he first moved to Soi Lk Metro, I thought the food was good, but was also a wee bit pricey for the portions. The last time I ate there, the food was absolute rubbish, as was the service. It would have been only a matter of time before it failed if he hadn't put it up for sale. Maybe that is one of the factors that led him to put it on the market? I had always bought some of his BBQ sauce at the Kids Fair every year, but when he pulled a no-show at the last one he was scheduled to be at, that all stopped. I walked around looking for his booth as it was in the program, but it was no where to be found. Actually it was there, but was empty.

Deb and I just looked at a newly-opened Indian restaurant menu on the port about 300 metres from our house. They are charging 18 euros for Chicken Tikka Masala. No Brit on holiday is going to pay that (about 5-8% of the holidaymakers here are Brits) so they must be aiming for the rest....

I enjoyed Bob's BBQ (think I have eaten there 4 times in 5 trips) because it meant I didn't have to go to the States. No idea if it was expensive. Sometimes it was good - when Bob was there - sometimes less good. Exotic food is just that.... exotic food.

Happy to agree to disagree.

Also, everything is always for sale... depends on the price. But you've probably all heard that one.

Good luck to the gentleman - you only live once.

Andy Cap

For the guys who like BBQ. I would suggest you try the Great American Rib Company in Jomtiem. Food is excellent. :D

I ate there once to try it thought it was ok but a little over priced. The draft beer was cheap though and I met the man himself and he seemed a very nice person. So I for one wish him well in selling and the future as its hard times we live in and no one needs kicked when a little down!

Are they still open?

They were on my last trip which was a couple of months ago.

• 3 months later...
For the guys who like BBQ. I would suggest you try the Great American Rib Company in Jomtiem. Food is excellent. :thumbup

BigD you have your priorities straight-skimp on rentals but splurge on food! :unsure: RibCo is good.

No Thanksgiving Dinner buffet this year............

Edited by LTGTR