Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

There is a distinct risk that the ash cloud from the volcano could be coming back over southern UK from tomorrow, for at least 2 days. If so then Heathrow and other airports are under threat again.

Just announced on the BBC News Channel.

You can follow the ash cloud here

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/aviation/vaac/vaacuk_vag.html

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pres...centration.html

Not looking good for Monday onwards.

High level forecast winds are here

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/jetstream.asp

Edited by The_Fat_Controller

Airports were closing in Europe last week. It isn't so much if it is coming back it is more about will it will end. The winds blow the ash this way and that. If it blows it your way the airports might close. It is not predictable.

Airports were closing in Europe last week. It isn't so much if it is coming back it is more about will it will end. The winds blow the ash this way and that. If it blows it your way the airports might close. It is not predictable.

Gee,kinda like that oil spill that BRITISH Petroleum say that aren't responsible for,huh?Nobody knows where it'll make land en mass.

OT:The Exxon Valdez crime made any of us with a conscience stop buying their products,now we'll have to add BP to that list,especially since it's so much closer to home.

In London, the government said parts of British airpsace might have to close from Sunday until Tuesday because of a fresh cloud of ash from the Icelandic volcano.

Different parts of the airspace including the southeast, where Europe's busiest airport Heathrow is located, are likely to be closed at different times, the Transport Department said.

"Due to continuing volcanic activity in Iceland and prevailing weather conditions, there is -- if the volcano continues to erupt at current levels -- a risk of UK airspace closures," it said in a statement.

If restrictions become necessary, an announcement will be made by the National Air Traffic Service, it added.

The spread of ash from an erupting volcano under the Eyjafjallajokull glacier in Iceland grounded much of European air traffic for nearly a week in mid-April. Airlines had to cancel around 100,000 flights, stranding millions of passengers.

Since then the ash has periodically forced short-term closure of parts of airspace in countries across Europe.

British Transport Minister Philip Hammand said on Saturday that from now on five-day -- rather than the previous 18-hour -- ash prediction charts would be made available to airlines and the public on the Met Office forecaster's website.

Edited by LTGTR

I still got nearly 5 weeks beore I am due to fly with EVA, but the fact remains if the winds are in the wrong direction then UK airspace could be closed again, if my flight is cancelled can someone tell me what happens ?are EVA obliged to get me on the earliest available flight once the airpace opens again even if its not with them? or do they refund all fares paid if I can`t`` travel?

Edited by pattaya_mad
I still got nearly 5 weeks beore I am due to fly with EVA, but the fact remains if the winds are in the wrong direction then UK airspace could be closed again, if my flight is cancelled can someone tell me what happens ?are EVA obliged to get me on the earliest available flight once the airpace opens again even if its not with them? or do they refund all fares paid if I can`t`` travel?

'

Normally they would get you on the next available aircraft of whoever, or refund if you couldn't travel at a later date.

Eva have cancelled Mondays and Tuesdays flights on the TPE-BKK-LHR route, I expect because of the ash cloud.

For passengers booked on Mondays LHR-BKK flight would BR pay for two nights hotel stay near LHR until the next flight?

If so one would need to be in the same hotel as the BR cabin crew. :bigsmile:

Eva have cancelled Mondays and Tuesdays flights on the TPE-BKK-LHR route, I expect because of the ash cloud.

For passengers booked on Mondays LHR-BKK flight would BR pay for two nights hotel stay near LHR until the next flight?

If so one would need to be in the same hotel as the BR cabin crew. :chogdee2

Gus, I think the Cancellatiions are part of company policy to lower capacity on this route. Thai may be doing the same. Empty planes are bloody expensive. Fewer, fuller flights are here for a while.

I bellieve the rules are changing regarding permission to fly in these dust clouds.

(I was listening to streamed radio from the UK).

There was some hocus condition about airlines demonstrating the engines could tolerate the levels expected... but the consensus was that the disruptions would be less in the future. Now it is just the striking BA mincers. :allright

Edited by jacko

There are now 3 zones for ash.

Areas where ash MAY be found in low concentrations, there will be no restrictions in theses areas. RED on the map.

Medium ash areas. GREY on the map.

In these areas aircraft may fly subject to the time limitations determined by the aircraft/engine manufacturers, so that will be an individual AIRLINE decision subject to their own risk assessment.

High ash areas. BLACK on the map.

This area will be closed to commercial traffic.

New maps are here

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pres...on/fiveday.html

BREAKING NEWS...Volcano no long active. the last obstacle gone to my trip. :D

EDIT: Scientist say that no more magma is being produced its not yet known if it has stopped erupting or it is just a pause..heres hoping.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/10144911.stm

Edited by pattaya_mad

I read the front of an greenpeace magazine in sainsburys today that the volcanos in Iceland could carry on erupting over the next few years...

I hope fucking not...

Didnt read the complete story, just the headline.