Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Greatest Show on Earth

World Cup - Who will win ?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say, "Britain played Algeria". I said, "Then there's our British friends".

You said the British weren't making much noise since drawing with Algeria.

Then there's our British friends. Not much noise from them on the board today after their team "battled" Algeria. The result: nil-nil. :zzz:

Why would we? The team is called England. It's elementary, my dear Vegas. When a team is named "England", it doesn't have any other Brits :D Remember that handy hint, I give you. That will be two of your most expensive beers Martin.......on Vics tab :beer :D

And I hope the English notice the restraint from us Scots for that lacklustre display :D

Run this by the House of Lords and see if they approve. :D

Another riviting night of World Cup action. :zzz: USA soccer fans are thrilled with yet another tie. Then there's the fans of the team called "England". * Not much noise from them on the board today after their team "battled" Algeria. The result: nil-nil. :D

I was sat in a bar here in Rayong while the "footie" was on last night. The ants attacking my potato chip bowl were more interesting. :beer

"Greatest Show On Earth"

:D

*Edited for nationalistic constipation purposes

As far as the English performance goes so far. It is dire.

There is something very wrong in Camp England. I have yet to see a player seen getting off a coach, checking in at the airport, or training, who has a smile on their face. :unsure: Other teams have made comment on how serious England are in S.A.

The on pitch performance is down to the players, but that performance reflects what is happening inside their head- look at France. They have had some internal wrangling with their manager and it has shown in their performance. It hapend to Holland at a W.C. or Euro '96. they were awful.

As I have said before. No country has ever won the World Cup under a foreign manager- coincidence ? :unsure:

Despite Wac' claiming this Cappello bloke being our greatest asset, I 'ain't so sure. All this bollocks about not telling the team who is playing until 2 hours before kick of. It is supposed to keep them on their toes- or make them think, you are taking the piss- you chose. :unsure:

He seems to have no plan B to change things. He is playing a Striker - Heskey up front, who has not scored a goal for anyone since February! This is the World Cup finals FFS. 1luv Peter Crouch scored 5 times in the qualifying rounds and is ignored until 18 minutes to go. :eyecrazy

Everyone was pleased to see Joe Cole make the final 23, but he hasn't kicked a ball in anger. Gerard is playing out of position......

None of the team who play in the Premiership, are used to a 4-4-2 system.... and on it goes.

If he was to take a backhander to fuck up our chances, he would do exactly what he is doing now.

As an England supporter said " I was talking to an Algerian, who told me that their team was not as good as England, but played with more pride. I couldn't argue with him. "

Capello was saying last week " I want to encourage the English spirit in to the play " well you have not done too well so far mate. Give Alan Shearer, or any Englishman five minutes with them before the next game.

Oh and Vic- notice I didn't say " Any Brit "' :rolleyes:

For Vic

We have a British Army, it is made up of regiments from Welsh Guards, Irish Guards. Scots Guards and Grenadier Guards.

That is regiments from Wales, Ireland. Scotland and England, collectively called British. Regiments from all four separate countries.

Individually Welsh, Irish, Scottish and English.

I know it is difficult for someone from one huge country, to absorb the fact that you can have four different countries in such a small land mass, each with it's own border, accent, culture, food..... but that's how it is. As an outsider, you will have no idea about the sporting rivalry between us. Just do your best to accept our word for it. My family has Scots friends, so close our kids looked upon each other as cousins, but when England and Scotland played any spots in opposition, loyalties divided our families.

You got to live here to understand. :rolleyes:

As far as the English performance goes so far. It is dire.

There is something very wrong in Camp England. I have yet to see a player seen getting off a coach, checking in at the airport, or training, who has a smile on their face. :unsure: Other teams have made comment on how serious England are in S.A.

The on pitch performance is down to the players, but that performance reflects what is happening inside their head- look at France. They have had some internal wrangling with their manager and it has shown in their performance. It hapend to Holland at a W.C. or Euro '96. they were awful.

As I have said before. No country has ever won the World Cup under a foreign manager- coincidence ? :unsure:

Despite Wac' claiming this Cappello bloke being our greatest asset, I 'ain't so sure. All this bollocks about not telling the team who is playing until 2 hours before kick of. It is supposed to keep them on their toes- or make them think, you are taking the piss- you chose. :unsure:

He seems to have no plan B to change things. He is playing a Striker - Heskey up front, who has not scored a goal for anyone since February! This is the World Cup finals FFS. 1luv Peter Crouch scored 5 times in the qualifying rounds and is ignored until 18 minutes to go. :eyecrazy

Everyone was pleased to see Joe Cole make the final 23, but he hasn't kicked a ball in anger. Gerard is playing out of position......

None of the team who play in the Premiership, are used to a 4-4-2 system.... and on it goes.

If he was to take a backhander to fuck up our chances, he would do exactly what he is doing now.

As an England supporter said " I was talking to an Algerian, who told me that their team was not as good as England, but played with more pride. I couldn't argue with him. "

Capello was saying last week " I want to encourage the English spirit in to the play " well you have not done too well so far mate. Give Alan Shearer, or any Englishman five minutes with them before the next game.

Oh and Vic- notice I didn't say " Any Brit "' :rolleyes:

It has been very sad to watch England of late . I just hope that they get it together before it is to late . Many teams that have started bad in past world cups have gone on to win it . I don't think that will happen with England but who knows ? I note that Rooney rather than address is own out of form performance has chose to have ago at the England fans for booing .

There is something very wrong in Camp England. I have yet to see a player seen getting off a coach, checking in at the airport, or training, who has a smile on their face. unsure Other teams have made comment on how serious England are in S.A.

You're positive it's because they're serious, right? Not dour? Not bored? Not wound tight as a cheap watch? Not pixxed at each other? Not empty-headed? Not faction-riven? Not grim? Not ashamed? Not united against the BBC criticism? Not engrossed in next season's contract negotiations?

"Serious" is not the only possible opposite of "laughing and backslapping", especially after what this team has shown while the whole world is watching. Frankly, that lack of locker-room camaraderie has me thinking that they are all deeply thinking where they want to travel to spend their vactions in late June and early July.

Despite Wac' claiming this Cappello bloke being our greatest asset, I 'ain't so sure. .

Hi,

Some of the media are saying he is not friendly enough with the players. They tried that with Sven and McLaren and it didn't work. The players seem to want to put the blame on Fab Cap but they are on the pitch. Maybe these English players are made look better in the Prem with the falang like Ronaldo and Alonso, Essien etc.. to play beside them.

You're positive it's because they're serious, right? Not dour? Not bored? Not wound tight as a cheap watch? Not pixxed at each other? Not empty-headed? Not faction-riven? Not grim? Not ashamed? Not united against the BBC criticism? Not engrossed in next season's contract negotiations?

What ever interpretation you give it- it is resulting in bad play on the pitch. That is the bottom line.

Why do you think sports psychologists are in such demand ? I have no idea what is getting to them. I don't care what the cause is, it is showing in the players game. If something is wrong, something is wrong. England don't seem to be alone with this problem.

Why do you have to question every post I make ? Could it be your dour ? Bored ? wound as tight as a cheap watch......

Maybe these English players are made look better in the Prem with the falang like Ronaldo and Alonso, Essien etc.. to play beside them.

I think that's true of some of them.

Why would Capello, not bring on Joe Cole? Or as Nid said. Crouch, for Heskey. Why put SWP on for Lennon, to play the same, in a system that isn't working? Why wait until 5 minutes before getting on the bus to the stadium, to tell the goalkeepers who is playing? And the FA have just given him another 2 year contract :huh:

You are wasting your breath on someone with almost nothing between his ears. :huh:

I wouldn't mind so much, but his job is to teach Thais English- not British ! :D

Unless they are learning to speak with a Scots- Welsh, or Irish accent ? :D

Any Thai who approaches you with " See you Jimmy ! " or " Top o' the mornin to ya !" will be Vic taught . :D

Hi,

Brazil were very good last night. Best I've seem them play in years. Fabiano and Kaka hit form. Ivory Coast prove very physical and very disappointing. John Terry starts a revolution but it looks like he has been sidelined. French do that type of thing better. :D

Here's a result I like. Portugal trashed North Korea 7-nil :P I hate those sub-sinking, kidnapping bastards. :D :D

Take that, Kim Jong Il! I'll bet the bulgogi tastes like cardboard tonight. :(

No joy in kimchitown

Edited by LadyDrinkKing
Take that, Kim Jong Il! I'll bet the bulgogi tastes like cardboard tonight. allright

Seven spades, doubled and redoubled.

On top of which Portugal gave new meaning to "comprehensive". I was wondering a few weeks ago why they weren't mentioned too often. No predictions from me, I don't know nearly enough, but they were quite marvellous in that commie putdown.

EDIT The Chinese news agency report, before the match. Oops, must have been the dodgy noodles.

Coach of DPR Korea says the team will erase regret of 1966

PYONGYANG, June 21 (Xinhua) -- Kim Jong-hun, coach of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), declared that the team would do their best to "erase the regret in 1966" before the match with the team of Portugal.

The DPRK's embassy to the South Africa went to visit the national team with noodles made by themselves. "I wish the team can beat Portugal after eating the noodles," said An Heu-jong, DPRK's ambassador to the South Africa.

In the London World Cup in 1966, the team of the DPRK reached the last eight but lost to Portugal 5-3 in the quarterfinals.

Edited by joekicker

I felt kinda sorry for the Korean players! They are NOT the government, they live under an insane Dictator.

There will be no Kimchi for a few days for those boys, probably not for a couple of weeks for the Goalie.

The Dark Catholics played beautifully though. Their game with Brazil should be a ripper.

Agree with the sympathy for the North Korean players............they'll probably lose their bollox when they get home.

Completly the opposite feelings for the French.

Feel 'soareee for zee peepel of Ferance' They looked forward to this WC a leetel sheepishly thanks to Henri's handball...(Gaelic shrugg of the shoulders) but they would have thought 'embarressment' was behind them. Now they're tripping over their floppy botterm lips to denounce and disown the team.

The players earn collectively a sum the equivalent to the GDP of 'Chacha's' Tobago. And they won't train! Send the spoiled basturds home........take away their salaries and watch how quickly they forget Anelka and want to play for France again.

Hi,

Well done to US for winning their group. Ghana played well in defeat and qualify for R16. England face Germany and that will be tough after a poor show(IMO) against Slovenia.

I'm very dissapointed that the Oz boys did'nt go through, it would have been good if the Germans could have put a few more into the Ghana for us

Having said that,I'm very proud of their effort in the last two games. We SHOULD have beaten Ghana and did beat Serbia. The heavy defeat by Germany screwed it for us.

The construct of the team and the coaches tactics were just wrong. We are a positive people and our sporting teams play that way. Negative,defensive tactics are not our way. I hope we get a coach for the next WC who understands this.

I think we proved that we are not mugs in the second half of the Serbia game, Holmans goal was one of the best strikes I've seen in this tournament, so far. Why Verbeek did'nt use him earlier is a mystery. Anyway, the boys have put pride back in the shirt.

And just in case that dickhead from the airline deals forum wants to have another crack about how we play, I'll meet him behind the FLB next time I'm over, and we can work it out. Just for the record; I'm 5'7", 60years old, 67kilos and have a bad leg. I simply Don't GIVE a fuck how big or old he is, he'll be all mouth and no trousers anyway.

I'm not usually like this. But I do make exceptions.

I still maintain Italy will win the WC ...................

in 2014 !

Actually I'm glad they made an exit this time after their woeful performances, tantrum laden histrionics, blatant diving & downright cheating.

Their squad was too old & jaded, likewise France who knew they shouldn't have been there in the first place after the Henry handball !

Every WC produces exciting new teams. I can't wait to see USA in action as their confidence grows.

Argies, Brazil, Spain, Portugal etc to come ! (sorry if I left your team out :D )

The beautiful game that is football, Bring it on !

cheers rogero :drunk :poke :D

I watched Japan vs Denmark up here with my Japanese friends. Told them there was no way Japan would win.

Well, turns out I don't know shit about soccer (but you knew that already) -- Japan only needed a draw to advance, but they thrashed Denmark 3-1.

The "Aoi" have come along way since I lost a 1,000 baht bet four years ago, when the Socceroos kicked their asses back to the rice paddies.