Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I know wrong forum MM but please let run for today.

3-0 England with the yanks walking off with their tails between their legs- (tin hat on) :rolleyes:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. Wrong board section, and I think you're prediction is wrong too.

We'll know in 11 hours or so, when the game is over.

3-0 England with the yanks walking off with their tails between their legs- (tin hat on) :rolleyes:

No country knows great upsets, like the USA, so there is always hope... :D

You're right. Wrong board section, and I think you're prediction is wrong too.

We'll know in 11 hours or so, when the game is over.

I was going to go for 4-0.

England are notoriously slow starters, and appear to be a little undercooked going into this one. I mean, how can they still be getting used to the altitude less than a week before the first game? The Yanks will be physically competitive and organised, and always have a good goalkeeper. If England come out of this with a win, I think they will go on to have a successful run. However, as a pesimist I'm going for 1-1, but hoping for better.

I chose to support the US in the competition way back last September so them being drawn with England was a bit of a bonus. I've got 100 quid at 7s and 8s on the Yanks to win and I think they have a good chance to do so. They are ranked only 6 places behind England and showed in last year's Confederations Cup that they are able to compete with the best. On the flip side of the coin, they may have had a look at the rest of the group and decided a draw will suit them both fine.

Hopefully the Argentina - Nigeria game can kick-start the tournament and provide us with a decent night's entertainment.

Edited by CheshireTom
I chose to support the US in the competition way back last September so them being drawn with England was a bit of a bonus. I've got 100 quid at 7s and 8s on the Yanks to win and I think they have a good chance to do so. They are ranked only 6 places behind England and showed in last year's Confederations Cup that they are able to compete with the best. On the flip side of the coin, they may have had a look at the rest of the group and decided a draw will suit them both fine.

My sentiment is more or less based on the Confederations cup and I think the USA team would love nothing more than to beat the English. I doubt they will go for a draw but both teams may well play it safe and not go all out. In that case we'll probably get to see another boring 0-0.

Who cares what the result will be between the USA and England? I think 2-2.

I am looking forward to watching a real football game between Argentina and Nigeria.

England are notoriously slow starters, and appear to be a little undercooked going into this one. I mean, how can they still be getting used to the altitude less than a week before the first game? The Yanks will be physically competitive and organised, and always have a good goalkeeper. If England come out of this with a win, I think they will go on to have a successful run. However, as a pesimist I'm going for 1-1, but hoping for better.

Thats not very patriotic of you..!

COME ON ENGLAND

2 or 3-0

:rolleyes:

My sentiment is more or less based on the Confederations cup and I think the USA team would love nothing more than to beat the English.

Confederations cup???

More like micky mouse cup!!!

This is the WORLD cup and England will beat USA.

Thats why they are favourites to win the game at the bookmakers.

Who cares what the result will be between the USA and England? I think 2-2.

I am looking forward to watching a real football game between Argentina and Nigeria.

Thats the Irish out of the way, just need comments from the welsh and the scottish now!

:rolleyes:

Confederations cup???

More like micky mouse cup!!!

This is the WORLD cup and England will beat USA.

No need to write in caps I know very well what kind of cup it is.

Even if you beat USA you still wont win it :D

Thats the Irish out of the way, just need comments from the welsh and the scottish now!

:D

As the t-shirt says, Anyone But England. What would we do without those 1966 stories.

Link

Glyn.

3-0 England with the yanks walking off with their tails between their legs- (tin hat on) :D

England v USA kick off 19:30BST USA will turn up at 1941 and claim they won

Favourite at the bookies in England because of all the sentiment money heaped on England. Not sure they would be big favourites if you walked into a Sputh African bookies!

I've got £10 on the USA at 6/1 - I got into work on Thursday and they'd decorated the desks in England colours, including mine, so I'm betting on the opposition. P

NO kidding. 6-to-1 is crazy. I'd take a large piece of that.

Favourite at the bookies in England because of all the sentiment money heaped on England. Not sure they would be big favourites if you walked into a Sputh African bookies!

Yes, really.

This is current Vegas book on the Cup overall. Spain is 3-1/2 to 1, Brazil 4-to-1 and Argentina 11-2.

Then (this quoting a popular Internet site):

England: 6-1

The Americans' opponents today are heavily favored to advance out of group play.

U.S.: 40-1

This number has been bet down in Vegas from 60-to-1. "I think it's more of a bet made from the heart," said Jay Kornegay, a Vegas sports book director.

unquote

Tonight's match is a problem for Vegas, because 70 per cent of the bets are on the US, so it really skews the tote, which is used pretty well universally in Vegas. You can get England at a little bit better than 1-to-2 ($19 bet wins $10) which is the best current bet offered that I see.

You can actually get 3-to-1 on Rooney scoring the first goal, 8-to-1 on Donovan.

Edited by joekicker

Over the past couple of games it is true, England have started the games slowly :D. But what you have to remember is this, they were friendlies, of which we won by the way, all they were was a chance for the mananger to see players have a run out, so that he can decide on his starting 11. Nobody wants to get injured so close to the World Cup. We have already lost Beckham to injury, then Ferdinand.

But I reckon, after Capello ranting to the players at half time in the last game, I'm betting England will come out firing. The importance to start well will give them the fire they need.

My prediction.. 3-1 ENGLAND :D

Edited by jamie392305