Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thai Cops to Crack Down on Foreign Gangs

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the photo in the base Bangkok Post article where one of the detainees has a "paid" stamp on his hand allowing him to leave the BiB cordon. LOL gotta love Thailand.

LOL, how in the hell do you know "most of them are Liberians?". You are either a troll or trolling for something. Otherwise you have no idea what you are talking about.

I've been in and around the area since the late 70s. It has always been a riskier area with a much different vibe than the other side of across Sukhumvit. Those of us that worked int he Middle East li

Posted Images

Very interesting article in the Bangkok Post: Narcotics cops to target Africans

Let's hope they succeed and that the gangs they run out of Bangkok don't switch their base of operations to Pattaya.

Evil

:devil

You seemed to imply in your latest trip reports that one of the members of these gangs might already here...operating from his base from outside of Lucifers Diskotek of all places.

Not all of us are as lucky as you are to share the same intelligence as BigD, thank god.

Please read that in both of the ways that it is intended... :rolleyes:

Let's hope they succeed and that the gangs they run out of Bangkok don't switch their base of operations to Pattaya.

Evil

:rolleyes:

Let's hope that's what they do. I wont have to go and speak to lady boys on WS at 4am to get my gear then.

You seemed to imply in your latest trip reports that one of the members of these gangs might already here...operating from his base from outside of Lucifers Diskotek of all places.

I implied nothing of the sort. I only said he didn't like his picture taken. BTW, is he your cousin? Are no West African drug gangs operating in BKK or Pattaya, in your opinion?

Please read that in both of the ways that it is intended... :rolleyes:

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 1

It's just that from reading your posts I'm beginning to get the impression that, in the LOS at least, that all Russians are gangsters, most Thai people have pitiful existences, all West Africans are involved in dodgy behaviour and all Arabs are antagonistic.

Try looking at the world from a different angle rather than from just down the end of your nose for a change.

It's just that from reading your posts I'm beginning to get the impression that, in the LOS at least, that all Russians are gangsters, most Thai people have pitiful existences, all West Africans are involved in dodgy behaviour and all Arabs are antagonistic.

Try looking at the world from a different angle rather than from just down the end of your nose for a change.

And you're the author of this thread!

How's your cousin?

It would be more accurate to say that, in LOS at least, that some Russians are gangsters, some Thai people have pitiful existences, quite a few West Africans are involved in criminal behavior and most of the Arabs I've encountered are antagonistic. I've never written anything that either states or implies race or national origin determines a person's character.

I have written T/Rs that are all sunbeams and bunnies, but by looking at the world from a different angle, I saw warts on the fantasy. It's called reality. I guess I've always been aware of the ugly spots, but now I decided to write about some of them.

Evil

2guns

Irony du Jour.

Good one. Gave me a larf.

I wouldn't be too upset if Coke was more readily available in Patts.

Coke is readily available in Pattaya at all 7-11s and every other food and convenience store. You can get it in both cans and bottles. There's even a guy who sits outside a WS establishment and sells it in plastic bags.

Evil

:rolleyes:

Evil

:unsure:

Cracking down on foreign gangs is all fine and dandy, but why don't they crack down on the local gangs? Set out rewards for the heads of the most serious offenders and watch them rat each other out.

• 6 months later...
Thai cops have identified new revenue stream

The cops here in Philadelphia have identified the same revenue stream. :banghead

It took them awhile, but it looks like the crackdown is underway:

It looks like a bad situation and hard to control. Good luck to the Thai authorities!

Pol Col Chatchai also said their behaviour was aggressive when compared to other nationals, and they often shouted and spoke aggressively to people. ''We have to control them and not allow them to behave like that in our country. They don't have any manners. People from the Middle East and Europeans are polite and nice to our women but not the West Africans. They will insult and abuse them,'' he said.

The local cops are not liking this. They should crack down on crooked cops who get paid off to allow those scum buckets to stand on the street and sell drugs.

The local cops are not liking this. They should crack down on crooked cops who get paid off to allow those scum buckets to stand on the street and sell drugs.

Unfortunately the reality is theres to much money involved with the drug trade. It's relatively easy to corrupt people.

One aspect of drug trading - it's a bloody sight easier than working for a living. That's why it attracts the ne're-do-wells,who do it.

I blame the consumers, who hand over bundles of cash for very little return. :banghead

" I get no kick from cocaine, I'm sure that if , I took only one sniff........ :D

It looks like a bad situation and hard to control. Good luck to the Thai authorities!

The authorities need to keep up the pressure. If the police make nightly sweeps, the pushers, pimps and scammers will move on. They have a much harder time operating without a base area.

Evil

:allright

It took them awhile, but it looks like the crackdown is underway: Bangkok Post article.

And some photos from the article/video:

abaCapture.JPG_____aaaCapture.JPG

aCapture1.JPG

aaCapture.JPG

aaaaCapture.JPG

I like the photo in the base Bangkok Post article where one of the detainees has a "paid" stamp on his hand allowing him to leave the BiB cordon. LOL gotta love Thailand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1