Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I've never been to one of these so please could you post preferably if you've been to both to recommend one. I've been to Pattaya many times so think it's time I did something a little different and experience one of these shows.

Glyn.

never got in to the alcazar was with mr ray and 2 fine ladies walked across to have a look at the show girls/boys before we knew it they were on us.. pic taken 2oo baht..not a very good way off getting customers in,, but loved the attention :D

I've never been to one of these so please could you post preferably if you've been to both to recommend one. I've been to Pattaya many times so think it's time I did something a little different and experience one of these shows.

Glyn.

I did not venture into Alcazar but I did enjoy a night out at Tiffany.

I posted a report of my visit in March

A NIGHT OUT AT TIFFANY

Remember my advice to bring 2 girls to protect your butt hole as the place is swarming with queers

They are both much the same. However, Alcazar allow you to take pictures during the show and Tiffany doesn't.

Incidentally, the ticket pricing is something you need to bear in mind.

I concluded (but stand to be corrected) that it is often cheaper to buy tickets from agencies rather than direct from the theatres, and you can often negotiate the price with the agencies.

However, if you are going to the show with a Thai, if you make that point clear to the theatres, they will sell you the ticket for the Thai at about half price - something which the agencies won't do. If you and your TG are going, it works out cheaper to get the tickets direct from the theatre.

I did not venture into Alcazar but I did enjoy a night out at Tiffany.

I posted a report of my visit in March

A NIGHT OUT AT TIFFANY

Remember my advice to bring 2 girls to protect your butt hole as the place is swarming with queers

I have read your post, it's one of the reasons I'm thinking of going.

They are both much the same. However, Alcazar allow you to take pictures during the show and Tiffany doesn't.

Incidentally, the ticket pricing is something you need to bear in mind.

I concluded (but stand to be corrected) that it is often cheaper to buy tickets from agencies rather than direct from the theatres, and you can often negotiate the price with the agencies.

However, if you are going to the show with a Thai, if you make that point clear to the theatres, they will sell you the ticket for the Thai at about half price - something which the agencies won't do. If you and your TG are going, it works out cheaper to get the tickets direct from the theatre.

Thanks for that. I did read somewhere else that locals get a reduced price ticket but I wasn't aware of the agency reduction. I guess if I am taking a TG then it will work out cheaper going direct and buying one farang and one Thai ticket.

Glyn.

• 2 weeks later...
Umm, this may be a newbie question, but what's the problem with giving the ladyboys at the show 100 baht for a photo? That's less than $4 Australian. Jeeze, do you know how much it cost to have a pic taken with a stupid koala at Australia Zoo? :D
Normally it is free to get your pic taken with a dog in Pattaya though! :rolleyes:
  • 2 weeks later...

Surprised to find the Thai girls really enjoyed the Tiffany show. I have made it each time and Its nice to sit in that air-coniditoning. Nice beer-bar with many pool tables right across the street as well.

• 4 weeks later...
I have read your post, it's one of the reasons I'm thinking of going.

Thanks for that. I did read somewhere else that locals get a reduced price ticket but I wasn't aware of the agency reduction. I guess if I am taking a TG then it will work out cheaper going direct and buying one farang and one Thai ticket.

Glyn.

Well talking about Tiffany and Alcazar its preety much same and same style.As per my experience i found the lady boys in Tiffany more beautiful, but when it comes to show and performance Alcazar was much better.Its always better to go to the theatre directly more so if u have a thai friend since by going directly one can get rid of the agency commission. Have a great time. cheers.

Glyn.

Not sure which one is best, but Alcazar has double pricing. One price for Thai's, and double the price for farang. That's enough to keep me away.

Not sure which one is best, but Alcazar has double pricing. One price for Thai's, and double the price for farang. That's enough to keep me away.

I hear this a lot. Keeps you guys from enjoying a lot of stuff, though. I don't think it needs a national day of celebration, but where in the world do tourists NOT pay higher or different prices? Fergawdsake Disneyland charges more if you're not from southern California, and brags about it EXACTLY like Alcazar does. United Airlines charges different depending on whether you buy your ticket in Thailand or in the US, even though you're using the same flights.

It's just part of life.

Both shows are fun (or not; I think they are). You have to be deranged or a raging homophobe to think any of these people are attracted to you, let alone so crazed they would do anything physical.

Edited by joekicker
Alcazar show is rubbish....total waste of money
I'll take your review, sounds more likely.

Men in frocks waving their arms about and miming doesn't do it for me either.

I laughed when I first saw the Tina Turner takeoff but that is overdone and tired now....

Glyn,

If you're in Bangkok, the Calypso at the Asia Hotel is a better option IMHO. Rather than a typical large theatre layout, it is in a cabaret club type setting. Good value and a piece of piss to get there on the skytrain and a couple of the "girls" are disturbingly good looking. The other alternative is just to catch the Ladyboys of Bangkok during their annual UK tour - they're at the Edinburgh Festival for the next month or so but I think tickets are pretty scarce for that particular venue.

http://www.ladyboysofbangkok.co.uk/default.asp

• 2 weeks later...
Glyn,

If you're in Bangkok, the Calypso at the Asia Hotel is a better option IMHO. Rather than a typical large theatre layout, it is in a cabaret club type setting. Good value and a piece of piss to get there on the skytrain and a couple of the "girls" are disturbingly good looking. The other alternative is just to catch the Ladyboys of Bangkok during their annual UK tour - they're at the Edinburgh Festival for the next month or so but I think tickets are pretty scarce for that particular venue.

http://www.ladyboysofbangkok.co.uk/default.asp

Thanks for that tip about the Calypso. Might do that for one night and the Joe Louis Puppet show for the other.