Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

For All Fans . . .

A soothing song to help you relax in this stressful time. :D

Whats stressful about England losing,we played 2 average teams who didnt make our defence look shit,then we played a quality team who beat us.Does that sound about right

I would be stressed if a team lower ranking beat us like Ghana did to your team

Edited by bratpack
A soothing song to help you relax in this stressful time. 2guns

I thought that the guys on this board had been pretty good so far during the World Cup. Lots of light-hearted banter and piss-taking kept the various threads entertaining. Of course, it was too good to last and there had to be one Bozo who would show himself up to be a clueless fuckwit. Well done, Vic. :D If nothing else, you are consistent. :D

Edited by CheshireTom
Whats stressful about England losing,we played 2 average teams who didnt make our defence look shit,then we played a quality team who beat us.Does that sound about right

to be honest i dont think we could have won Ghana either, they were too quick, strong and had endurance

to be honest i dont think we could have won Ghana either, they were too quick, strong and had endurance

Was working so only saw snippets of it on a jittery internet connection but agree with your adjectives. As to how England would have fared.........no idea and just glad that I got interested enough in the sport to enjoy the game between us. :D

The thing is USA on paper really aren't that good, not bad but certainly nothing to worry about, however, when they play, they play as a team, they make the best out of their options and do it well, England on paper should hammer them but the opposite applies to them, they don't play well as a team.

Tbh i think England would have done way way better if they looked for a team with lots of English players and played that team as the national team instead, at least they play every week with each other and know what the others strengths are. England on paper are one of the best in the world, if only the game was played on paper because frankly what I have seen this tournament was a pretty awful display of football by players that on that form were never going to win the world cup whether the 2nd round match had been against Germany, Ghana, Australia or whoever.

Edited by paul230
The thing is USA on paper really aren't that good, not bad but certainly nothing to worry about, however, when they play, they play as a team,

As do Germany - the pass to a teammate on what looked a pretty certain goal, so that HE could score, being a case in point. England have assembled all the best players, and haven't a manger who can handle them -- the talents, egos, weaknesses, personal problems and all. Actually, I've been saying for many years that the chief job of the chief coach/manager is to HANDLE the players, and put all tactics and most if not all strategy in the hands of the assistants.

I don't know all the specifics of all these soccer teams, but the fact is England haven't played like a team for a long time, the US and Germany (and Brazil and others) have done so at the WC at least. I *do* put that down to the manager. A good manager/head coach will make the sum greater than the parts.

Joe has a point

When Alf Ramsey was asked why he picked a team, that did not include the likes of Jimmy Greaves, he said he wanted team players, not gifted individuals.

As for today's game, those who haven't played well in the previous games, kept the same form. Rooney should have been subbed, Joe Cole on earlier- not in the game- in the competition.

You can pontificate for ever....

Luckily for fans like myself from the lower leagues, we are used to dissapointment in our football. :bigsmile:

Its too bad, as now that the US was out was hoping to watch England advance, as am a fan of some of the team after doing the fantasy EPl for a few years.

Maybe I will back Argentina now.

That Lampard non-goal was disgusting, they have to do something about that.

The thing is USA on paper really aren't that good, not bad but certainly nothing to worry about, however, when they play, they play as a team, they make the best out of their options and do it well, England on paper should hammer them but the opposite applies to them, they don't play well as a team.

Tbh i think England would have done way way better if they looked for a team with lots of English players and played that team as the national team instead, at least they play every week with each other and know what the others strengths are. England on paper are one of the best in the world, if only the game was played on paper because frankly what I have seen this tournament was a pretty awful display of football by players that on that form were never going to win the world cup whether the 2nd round match had been against Germany, Ghana, Australia or whoever.

I think in four years time we should play it on paper. Hold a pen or pencil, point down on a piece of paper and flick the bottom of the pen/pencil....

...on second thoughts we'd loose at that too.

Tbh i think England would have done way way better if they looked for a team with lots of English players and played that team as the national team

Well, that was never on the cards in the first place... :bigsmile:

...since somebody decided a long time ago not to field a United Kingdom team...

Paul , I understand your patriotic feelings but you got to be real ..... how many of the English team would be good enough to sit on the Spanish bench alongside Cesc Fàbregas?

I don't think any English player would be good enough to make it onto the German team.

There are no English players worthy to lace Lionel Messi's or Carlos Tevez's boots.

Wesley Sneijder is in a different class.

Brazil could field 2 or 3 different teams that could beat England

the foreign players in the premiership have made very ordinary English players look good.

England have lost out since Sky bought out the rights to broadcast the premier league, English players are not able to compete for places on English teams because so many good foreign players are lured there by the obscene money.

I was wrong about Rooney, he is simply not good enough ... Joe Cole is the best English player at the moment.

Don't believe the hype that you read in the English media.

I'm not saying that England are a terrible team, they fall into a group of weaker countries like USA/Ireland/Australia etc .

The south american kids are playing street football while western kids are playing play station

Edited by dontcha

fifa is bringing there own game in to disrepute by not using modern technology. i suppose they wouldn't be able to control the out come of some games then .imagine putting serious money on and it turns out the ref needed glasses.or has been paid off. fck that i am not betting when blatant mistakes a blind man could have seen are happening. the games just a joke till they move on.arrogant fools. bring on the video replay.then every ones happy. i wouldn't trust them as far as i could kick them. :rolleyes:

My team? :clueless You haven't read many of my soccer-related posts, have you?

I thought that the guys on this board had been pretty good so far during the World Cup. Lots of light-hearted banter and piss-taking kept the various threads entertaining. Of course, it was too good to last and there had to be one Bozo who would show himself up to be a clueless fuckwit. Well done, Vic. :allright If nothing else, you are consistent. :allright

BTW, I enjoyed your "Hitler-On-Sky-Top" video. Too bad you seem to have lost your sense of humor. :nod

the foreign players in the premiership have made very ordinary English players look good.

Hi,

Now that Cappello has failed after Sven and Mclaren the players have to look in the mirror. I do it every morning and say to myself where did it all go right. :allright

I was wrong about Rooney, he is simply not good enough .

Well your'e a poor judge, he might of had a poor competition but he's in the top handful of players in the world.

If Man United offered him up for sale for 80Million every club in the world that could afford him would put in a bid.

England are once again the laughing stock of the world due to a bunch of over paid and over rated buffoons that are propped up in the Premier league teams by some half decent foreigners.

Back to the drawing board and in the meantime the fans of the Chelsea's Man U's and so on should fucking boycott every single match to show the F.A we mean business.

It's the fans out there who spend all that money and the lads out risking their lives in Afghanistan I feel sympathy for.

Often, the under 21's and so on are able to beat the opposition, play as a team and so on, you don't always need a Messi, just play as a team.

Disgusting.

I got a txt from my mate, telling me that England want a hero's welcome, so they are landing at Glasgow airport ! :beer

That's not funny ! I'll spit in his beer tonight. :beer

Often, the under 21's and so on are able to beat the opposition, play as a team and so on, you don't always need a Messi, just play as a team.

England were well beaten by the German U-21s in the Euro Final last year. A quick scan of the teams from then seems to indicate that the Germans learned something and progressed from there whereas the English didn't.

Edited by CheshireTom
Not at all. Next up is my 'You call it Jenny, I call it Janie" video. :puke

Since you mentioned it . . .

I saw Jenny on one of the Thai soap magazines at my neighborhood 7-11 today. Looks like she's in a new series. Thinking of you, I took the magazine over to the manager, Ning, who spent a year in Canada and speaks pretty decent English. I asked, "What is the name of this actress?"

"Jenny", she replied.

I used my best Midwestern twang and asked, with an obvious long "A", "Not JAnie?"

"No" said Ning, "JENNY."

She pronounced the "e" beautifully. :unsure:

Since you mentioned it . . .

I saw Jenny on one of the Thai soap magazines at my neighborhood 7-11 today. Looks like she's in a new series. Thinking of you, I took the magazine over to the manager, Ning, who spent a year in Canada and speaks pretty decent English. I asked, "What is the name of this actress?"

"Jenny", she replied.

I used my best Midwestern twang and asked, with an obvious long "A", "Not JAnie?"

"No" said Ning, "JENNY."

She pronounced the "e" beautifully. :unsure:

You should ask why she spells her name J-A-N-I-E. It's nothing to do with transliteration - she was born in the US and Janie is her name, no matter what you or Ning thinks. :beer

True story. I was visiting a Thai friend, Thip, who works as a classroom assistant at the Satit school of the local Rajabhat last Friday. Previously , the kids' English lessons had been delivered by a UK teacher and, for Prathom students, they were pretty comfortable using the language. Fast forward to this semester and an American teacher arrived on the scene. Now the poor kids are totally confused since they previously thought that a cluck was noise made by chickens only to now be told it's the thing hanging on the wall that shows the time (or tam as their new teacher insisted on calling it). Mr. "Tam on the Cluck", as they called him, lasted 4 weeks. :puke :unsure:

Edited by CheshireTom
she was born in the US and Janie is her name, no matter what you or Ning thinks. D

This is true and her name is correctly spelt in English - "Janie".

But her NICKname is Janie.

Now the poor kids are totally confused since they previously thought that a cluck was noise made by chickens only to now be told it's the thing hanging on the wall that shows the time (or tam as their new teacher insisted on calling it).

But then I'm listening to analyst Steve McManaman just now on ESPN, which has hired him to edjukate Americans about sock-her, and he keeps talking about the World Cup players kicking around what he calls a "boo-all". And I'm thinking how confused a lot of Americans are going to be, after thinking that the sport involves an item with one vowel, one syllable.

And by the way, shouldn't that actually be spelt McMahonaman?

Edited by joekicker
This is true and her name is correctly spelt in English - "Janie".

But her NICKname is Janie.

Quite. :unsure:

after thinking that the sport involves an item with one vowel, one syllable.

I though sport had two syllables. :beer :P

I remember on one of my early trips (before the days of internet or digital telephone connections) to Pattaya my missus booked me into what she assured me was called the Support Garden Hotel (what is now the Thai Garden Hotel) on Pattaya Nua. It took me two or three drives-past before the penny finally dropped.

I feel sorry for you with McManaman - I can't understand much that he says. On the flip side of the coin, we've got one of my sporting heroes, John McEnroe, doing the tennis on BBC at the moment.

Edited by CheshireTom