Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Has anyone flown in Business class with flat bed seats?

Curious to know what your experience was like.

Here's what's on offer from Dellta on select equipment/segments.Atlanta-Tokyo is included:

Flat Bed Seats

Our brand new flat bed seats offer extra leg room, privacy, and aisle access and are currently available on a limited number of flights. They recline a full 180 degrees and are horizontal to the floor, creating a completely flat bed for your comfort.

At every BusinessElite seat you’ll enjoy:

new bedding, featuring a full-size pillow and quilted duvet comforter.

personal in-flight entertainment.

PC power at every seat.

Gourmet food & wine pairings.

·777-200LR

·Fully flat

·Aisle access

·Larger screens

Here's a video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK_FafqILjk

I will be using this flight in 2 weeks and it will be my 1st experience with flat bed seats,that's why I want to know firsthand experiences from folks here and not something posted in a blog.

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what's on offer from Dellta on select equipment/segments.Atlanta-Tokyo is included:

Flat Bed Seats

Our brand new flat bed seats offer extra leg room, privacy, and aisle access and are currently available on a limited number of flights. They recline a full 180 degrees and are horizontal to the floor, creating a completely flat bed for your comfort.

PC power at every seat.

·777-200LR

·Fully flat

·Aisle access

·Larger screens

I will be using this flight in 2 weeks and it will be my 1st experience with flat bed seats,that's why I want to know firsthand experiences from folks here and not something posted in a blog.

Thanks

Flown Cathay's new seats a few times - they are nice.

Flat Bed Seats

PC power at every seat.

·777-200LR

·Fully flat

·Aisle access

·Larger screens

Thanks

The herringbone layout favoured by some airlines (BA, Etihad) can be quite narrow and claustrophobic, but if it's flat-bed (180 degrees) as opposed to lie flat (circa 170 degrees) it makes all the difference. The big difference for me is that I can sleep through the flight and pretty much do away with jet-lag when I arrive in LOS - I also avoid too much alcohol and gorging myself on airline food.

There are better seats on some airlines e.g. Qatar's flat-beds on it's 777s are slightly better and Oman Air's are an awful lot better.

Edited by CheshireTom
The herringbone layout favoured by some airlines (BA, Etihad) can be quite narrow and claustrophobic, but if it's flat-bed (180 degrees) as opposed to lie flat (circa 170 degrees) it makes all the difference. The big difference for me is that I can sleep through the flight and pretty much do away with jet-lag when I arrive in LOS - I also avoid too much alcohol and gorging myself on airline food.

There are better seats on some airlines e.g. Qatar's flat-beds on it's 777s are slightly better and Oman Air's are an awful lot better.

Look at the video and tell me what you think of the layout.Thanks.

I fly Club world class BA which is Biz class. They have nice long flatbed seats and seat deviding screens etc. Very comfortable indeed for an 11 hour flight from UK. The best seats are situated upstairs, although only a few, and it is a lot quieter. What I find a little strange is that some seats are facing the opposite way and when you take off, you are almost forced forward instead of the reverse. However they are meant to be the safest seats in a crash :D

Look at the video and tell me what you think of the layout.Thanks.

I don't like the layout - it's done to squeeze another two seats into the front section of a 777-200LR (26 v 24 in a standard layout). It's the reason that I choose Qatar over Etihad.

Those are the same as AC have on their 777s. I've flown them lots and they are fine. But the flat beds are a little hard, not a comfy mattress. And if you are large and fat like me they are a bit narrow and difficult to turn over in. But infinitely better than flying in the back of the bus.

I fly the EVA business all the time. They have flat seats but NOT horizontal. I would love flat and horizontal seats.

But I don't see anything near the same pricing from a cursory look at Delta. I pay around $2700 RT biz class on Eva and I fly them cause there is no one else in the same range that I know of.

I'd would love to have someone point out an airline I'm missing. ALways happy to save money :banghead

I think UAL's Business Class 180 degree seats are competitive with the First Class seats now. I see no reason to go with 1st Class, except for the wine selection :banghead

I've flown Sing Air (EWR-SIN and JFK-FRA-SIN) and United (BKK-NRT) flat biz class.

I'm tall -- 6'4" and the United bed is too short for me.

I wouldn't mind hanging my feet over the edge, but I can't because of the way the seat is designed.

(Look closely at how the foot end is designed and how they interleave the foot ends of the seats to minimize space claim and you'll understand my problem with it)

Could not get comfortable enough to sleep. Thankfully the really long segment (NRT-IAD) was a regular biz seat that I could sleep in.

Just to be clear it's the flat biz seats on United that I don't like -- the First Class flat seats (I was there once, IAD-NRT thru what must have been a clerical error) are fine.

The Sing Air seat is a different design and I was able to sleep on it.

The dilemma on Sing Air is that the girls are so cute and the food/drinks so good who wants to sleep?

I don't think it's an especially good design if you want to recline a bit and read, but for full-on sleeping it was fine.

Edited by jasonbalmer
EVA is flat at an angle - it sucks

Yes. But then again it's always about service versus price. No one else is even CLOSE to their price for biz service between BKK and USA.

If I was willing to spend whatever it took I'm sure I'd fly Singapore Air. But then, I think it would more than double my cost. Hey, I'm still a bit flush but not THAT flush :lol:

If I was willing to spend whatever it took I'm sure I'd fly Singapore Air. But then, I think it would more than double my cost.

Although, the last few times I've looked at the EVA Biz class fare (LAX-BKK) it was around $4k (maybe a little more). The SQ fare is around 7k+ (with a less direct connection from the West coast). I agree that SQ provides a complete step higher in a quality experience, and may very well be worth the money. :lol:

ANA business seats are very comfortable. Flat bed with a good size divider if you have a seat mate. No set meal tiime. If you wake up, peruse a menu and order. I don't mind the flight with the exception of the Narita -Washington leg at the end of my trip. That is a killer. 28,000 ff miles to up to business on that leg. They frequently have double miles, or upgrade with less miles deals.

Some times I use my air miles with Etihad to upgrade.

Love the flat beds ,I sleep all the way ,so it seems the trip only takes 1 hour.

But only trouble with this i miss the meals and good wines when asleep

Delta’s new Cosmo seats…

We won’t see those on CA Asian routes for years… same old beat up 767’s. :lol: Until then, its worth a hop up to SEA to catch a A330 for a decent BE seat.

Delta’s new Cosmo seats…

We won’t see those on CA Asian routes for years… same old beat up 767’s. :banghead Until then, its worth a hop up to SEA to catch a A330 for a decent BE seat.

Can you explain what "CA Asian" and "BE seats" mean?I was not aware DL uses 767s to Asia.

Edited by LTGTR
Yes. But then again it's always about service versus price. No one else is even CLOSE to their price for biz service between BKK and USA.

If I was willing to spend whatever it took I'm sure I'd fly Singapore Air. But then, I think it would more than double my cost. Hey, I'm still a bit flush but not THAT flush :D

I won't disagree with that. My only time business class with them was cashing in my air miles.

I fly EVA for premium economy and they get me there at around 11:30 AM.

I don't like the layout - it's done to squeeze another two seats into the front section of a 777-200LR (26 v 24 in a standard layout). It's the reason that I choose Qatar over Etihad.

CT,sounds like that's the sole reason you chose one over the other,correct,2 fewer seats in the front cabin?

On my return segment on Nov 1,I am flying to LAX instead,so I get to fly in one of the NW 747-400s.I flew that acft from Narita to Atlanta last May,before the NW/Delta merger was finished.Hopefully Delta has upgraded/standardized the Business cabin.But I still like the interior spaciousness of the 747.

Edited by LTGTR
Incorrect. :D

"I don't like the layout - it's done to squeeze another two seats into the front section of a 777-200LR (26 v 24 in a standard layout). It's the reason that I choose Qatar over Etihad."

What is it with you and that head-patting icon?

So I'll ask again since you gave a 1 word response without an explanation,what are the reasonS? :allright indeed

Edited by LTGTR
"I don't like the layout - it's done to squeeze another two seats into the front section of a 777-200LR (26 v 24 in a standard layout). It's the reason that I choose Qatar over Etihad."

What is it with you and that head-patting icon?

So I'll ask again since you gave a 1 word response without an explanation,what are the reasonS? :D indeed

You are incorrect. Read the thread.

If you want to start a thread about Qatar v Etihad, feel free. I may take time to contribute to it, there again, I may not. :allright

Edited by CheshireTom
You are incorrect. Read the thread.

If you want to start a thread about Qatar v Etihad, feel free. I may take time to contribute to it, there again, I may not. :D

I have read the thread I started and still looking forward to your answer to my question. :allright indeed

It was a simple question or so I thought. :allright

Edited by LTGTR